The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

can you get banned for depipping?

I'm a rank 1 killer and I am tired of having to sweat, use certain killers, and use certain perks. I want to depip from rank 1 to at least 15 where its more chill, I can play around with other killers, and play around with more perks etc.. Could I be Banned for throwing games and depipping for this?

Answers

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534

I don't mean afk I mean kinda like walk around or something

• pizzavessel15
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal Member Posts: 326

I don't think so? Just play really badly and I'm sure you'll depip in no time.

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal Member Posts: 326

There's nothing in the rules that says you have to play well as far as I know. But it'll take a bloody long time.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

Just go for BP and nothing else. No kills (only if you get them).

Play some doctor with BBQ, distressing and beast of prey. You can walk away with at least 16k from distressing and beast of prey, with some brutality and sacrifice points as well. If you get 4 stacks of BBQ, thats at least 32k on the bank.

And most of the time you might depip since I don't think doctor is a good killer on high ranks? But that I don't know for sure, since I'm mostly around rank 10 before the reset hits again.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited August 2021

Hmmm.. maybe just play those killers with those perks and see how it goes, if it causes you to depip till a rank that suits that style of play then you get there by playing how you want?

You are stating that the style of play you want to do is not going to cut it at the higher ranks, but that is how you play... then play that way and you should naturally gravitate towards the ranking where it is viable for you. There is no need to throw games to then try and play that way.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

If you're throwing games making everyone else depip bc they cant really play against an afk killer, yes I do hope its bannable.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

This is why i wish we had a ranked and unranked toggle

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

You have to actually play the game. You don't have to play it well, but if you are very obviously doing little with the intent of massive deranking, that can be punishable (though not sure if/how that will change once MMR comes back for good).

• pizzavessel15

im just tired of playing the same way over and over (it works but if I change styles at any point it doesn't end well)

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Play wraith, stay afk for 5 gens and then play with Noed, they can't ban for it and you will depip anyway, no matter the result

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

yes and no, you can get banned for being AFK too much but you have to get reported a lot to get punished and even then i never heard anyone being punished for that, its just the dev have stated that's its a punishable offense if you do it too much. You can't get banned for playing "poorly".

• pizzavessel15

no im just walking around, acting like im in a chase and breaking pallets or constantly throwing bottles at people with clown

• JanelliBee17
    JanelliBee17 Member Posts: 36

I typically frown upon this as it is not fun for genuine rank 15 survivors and I find it disrespectful. I full-heartedly believe that BHVR should create a third match type. Customs are fun but can also cause friends to fight. Especially when a friend group is as dynamic in ranks as mine! Therefore, we need a match type that doesn't take rank/ skill into consideration. You just get paired with all sorts of people just playing to have fun and make the current normal matches into a Ranked match type. However, I guess doing it to have fun wouldn't be so awful only if you really play for fun and not like some of the rank 1 killers I caught after or horrible match, that had deranked to 15 on purpose, to stomp the prey. Some of us are here for fun. And the tunneling/ camping or constant slugging to end a game in 5 minutes makes this game less and less desirable. If you're really good (which rank 1, I would assume so), rank 10 would be the farther derank I would suggest though. 15 is just overkill. I hover around rank 4-6 when I don't get constant crappy matches and a rank 10 killer has beaten me and my friends multiple times without struggling it seems. Mind you the ranks for my friends are as follows: Rank 2, rank 6-7, rank 4-6, rank 12, rank 12, rank 15. And I often play with the first three ranks much more often than the last three.

• pizzavessel15

yeah I know what you mean. I just want to have fun to and try out new killers and builds where on rank one you are either playing something over and over or risk loosing and getting tbagged/flash light clicked etc.

• JanelliBee17
    JanelliBee17 Member Posts: 36

I hate those actions! Im a rank 18 killer, never allowed myself below 15 for a few reasons. One I'm too nice lol! I like to give the right kind of team the win if they are very respectful. Plus I know what it's like to have literally, 20 bad matches in a row. Let alone one. I dont want to go below 15 because I see enough toxic survivors already, I don't want the OP survivors who have no respect at all (even though Im rank 4-6 and I do not disrespect the killer). And Im also not amazing so sometimes when I am ACTUALLY trying, I lose all four anyways and get 1-2 hooks and they get the gate...

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Meanwhile rank 13 killers are normally being paired with red/purple ranked survivors. So good luck with that

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

You are failing to understand what I am stating: Start playing the way you want and if that results in depips be at peace with that (you are asking to depip anyway). At some point the manner that you want to play will result in decent results and you will stabilize at a specific rank, be it 15, 8, 5 or 1.... there is no need to throw the game, just start playing as you want and see where you end up.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I'm ######### tired of losing add ons because killers are AFK and want to derank, and the devs had to make that change to punish survivors, so if you're AFK, you should be banned.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

No one is getting banned for depipping.

• BlazePyron2
    BlazePyron2 Member Posts: 145

Tbh if you just go ahead and play other killers with different perk builds you'll derank naturally. I find that I'm much more comfortable playing around rank 10-5 than in the reds. 15 is much too low though, chases stop being interesting once you drop below rank 10.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

Why are we talking about Rank like it matters? Trust me OP you're going to find just as good survivors rank 15 as you do rank 1. To go against easier or less skilled players create a smurf account.

Can we please stop lying to players and convincing everyone Rank = Skill when it only equals monthly game time.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423

Like some said, perfect time to drop add-ons and perks, and practice more difficult killers. You get the sweat practice and depip.

Most people hop on wraith and just never decloak, waste of time though to me. There is always going to be a killer worth practicing in a situation like this.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

You're rank 1 and you want to go all the way back to rank 15. Jesus Christ.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

No, not really, just don't idle or spam dc on too many games and you're good. Playing bad or lazily does the trick.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You will just pip back up in rank again. Unless you become a catch and release killer.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

If you play normally, without all the high tier stuff then you'll be depipped/deranked into lower brackets. If you intentionally sit out a dozen games, you're at-risk for being reported.

Farming will likely result in safety pips after you leave ranks 1 and 2, so simply play other killers until the playing field levels out.

• Lenox
    Lenox Member Posts: 234
    edited August 2021

I don't know about being banned, but if you equip the non-meta perks you want and the killers you're bad at, you will de-pip naturally. I purposefully do not ONLY play with killers I'm good at so that I don't pip up too much.

However, this is the exact problem SBMM seeked to solve. And for that last SBMM test, it was glorious. I played as killers that were new for me and at level 1 and got easier survivors, and played as killers I'm good with and got harder survivors.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I've tanked from rank 3 to like, rank 6 burning Haddonfield offerings and playing House with Twins and even just that much took long enough, rank 15 just seems absurd.

You're still going to face cracked survivors no matter what. But going down THAT far just sounds stupid because you won't have fun there either. And when you do face somewhat decent people again, you'll be so out of shape you'll only make your problem worse.

Just try to soft-derank with a meme build but doing anything more than that is honestly a waste of energy and an exercise in futility.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Heck, I was thinking about dropping a bit and I am only rank 8. I wouldn't go to 15. Just maybe back to 12ish. Rofl. He doesn't want chill games so much as he wants to play against bots.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

What makes you think you won't see red rank survivors at rank 15?

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

The most fun way of depipping:

Basement Bubba.

DBD devs have confirmed that since there is no official win or loss, you can decide what is a win or a loss. If to you, securing the item in the basement is a win, it's not bannable. If you lose the item, you lost. Any survivor entering the basement is fine untill they touch your precious chest, at which point any survivor trying to rescue the sinner will also be severely punished.

For the best success of this strategy, depip down to rank 5 or rank 9, then wait for rank reset.

• Msterflex
    Msterflex Member Posts: 126

I mean at least pretend like you’re trying lol can’t hurt to just play like a noob and chase one guy around and get looped while the others repair the gens

• Esperiae
    Esperiae Member Posts: 75

No, you cannot be banned for intentionally playing poorly, unless you take the game hostage.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

I ######### hate smurfs.

@pizzavessel15 if you really want to depip and learn new killers, then play new killers at your high level and you’ll naturally depip. Kill two birds with one stone.

• pizzavessel15

I want chill games. Id like to see you play at rank one non stop bud

• pizzavessel15

sbmm is a bad change in my opinion because it'll just make the killer sweat more while the survivors are getting cracked teammates, this will lead to another problem like this where killers/survivors are intentionally loosing. there should be separate modes in my opinion. one is casual without it and one is ranked with sbmm

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

As long as you play the game. I totally understand as a fellow killer main though how annoying red ranks could be though but you should always play the game because dont forget it is an online game.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
  • Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,286

@pizzavessel15

This would be your best bet. Who knows, you may enjoy it more than playing normally.

I would personally recommend you just find a new game to play. One that is less stressful for you and more fun and take a two to three month vacation from Dbd.

• PoodleDoodle
    PoodleDoodle Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2021

There's people who blantantly been hacking for weeks if not months and haven't been banned yet. Yeah you'll be fine depipping. If anything just run meme builds and not even try too hard.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

I don’t think you can be banned for not trying. That’s kind of a tough thing to judge

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    edited August 2021

Do not go into a match with the intention of de-pipping.

You got Rank 1. Gratz! You won! Now it's time to just have fun and I promise the de-pips will follow.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2021

I understand where your coming from but your best bet is to take a break from the game, and let rank reset depip you.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Thank you!!!

Me as well, can't stand people just looking for noobs to stomp. Play more chill and you will naturally depip and your rank will settle where it should be.