The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lower Legion Walking Speed

Some killers are starting to notice that just slashing with the knife and chasing is better than inflicting the Deep Wound effect on a survivor, its actually too easy to be chased down and killed by him when people know this.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited December 2018

If I recall correctly, the only characters The Legion moves faster than are Level 1 Meyers and a non-blinking Nurse (though there are several killers that move as fast as the Legion, namely Hag, Huntress, Treatment-mode Doctor, and non-Phase Walking Spirit).

@Orion said:

@Pitayah said:
    try looping a 110% killer without abilitys. Incredible to think about it right? You literally force legion to frenzy then, what an unnecessary idea of a nerf.

The Legion already moves at 110%.

OP, have you tried moving when you see the Legion coming? You know, so they can't hit you?

Pitayah is telling OP to try looping the Legion because the Legion only moves at 110%.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

If you can't escape from a slow killer who isn't using their ability to catch you, then you need to git gud because you sound like you could be caught by a Hag who doesn't use traps or a Tier 1 Myers, who is actually slower.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@HatCreature said:
    If you can't escape from a slow killer who isn't using their ability to catch you, then you need to git gud because you sound like you could be caught by a Hag who doesn't use traps or a Tier 1 Myers, who is actually slower.

To be fair I've knocked down people without the use of Legion's power, but that might be just me. Might be because of potato survivors. At Rank 4-1

• WhiteAqua7
    WhiteAqua7 Member Posts: 30
    The legion needs a buff not a nerf
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

This is definitely a troll thread.

• Blight
    Blight Member Posts: 14

If you're getting easily caught by powerless Legion you must be that potato who only get's chased by full movement killer's for 20 seconds and goes down. If I play Legion and you sit there and wait for me to hit you I'm not using my power. If you don't respect the fact that you're one hit from being downed, I'm not wasting my ability on you. Why chase you for 2min with my power when I can chase you for 15 seconds without? Don't meme the killer, run, loop, git gud.
    The only reason I chase a good survivor without Fury is when I can't catch them with Fury before they make the pallet, waste of the ability, saving it for the hit.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@Shad03 said:

@HatCreature said:

To be fair I've knocked down people without the use of Legion's power, but that might be just me. Might be because of potato survivors. At Rank 4-1

I've done the same thing, I think it's a combination of potato and oppurtunity. These moments are usually out in the open with a lot of places to run but no cover and if there is cover, I'm flanking them. But I don't think it's a viable strategy or way to play, just getting across the map with this speed to chck on Gens i like walking through mud.

• SonicHalo117
    SonicHalo117 Member Posts: 7

So what your saying is we need a nurse that takes 3-4 hits to down, can't go through walls, and is super short... that's intelligent. The next killer that comes out shouldn't be able to use M1 and can only get survivors by pulling them out of lockers. That sounds like a GREAT IDEA!

• Shad03

@SonicHalo117 said:
    So what your saying is we need a nurse that takes 3-4 hits to down, can't go through walls, and is super short... that's intelligent. The next killer that comes out shouldn't be able to use M1 and can only get survivors by pulling them out of lockers. That sounds like a GREAT IDEA!

-Cough- No power Freddy -Cough-

• SonicHalo117
    edited December 2018

Or we could have a killer that says completely stationary for the entire game. This is the best idea for the killer we could ever have. We should take perks and add-ons and offerings off killers as well and Survivors can use as many perks as they want to.

This is sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.

• Shad03

@SonicHalo117 said:
    Or we could have a killer that says completely stationary for the entire game. This is the best idea for the killer we could ever have. We should take perks and add-ons and offerings off killers as well and Survivors can use as many perks as they want to.

This is sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.

Sarcasm or not this is a definitely great idea. Like I don't think I've seen a much better idea then this.

Or we can have SCP-173 as a killer. Either way works.

• SonicHalo117

@Shad03 Now that's epic

• Shad03

@SonicHalo117 said:
    @Shad03 Now that's epic

SCP-173 has a built in unlimited aura reading ability and moves super fast. He can instantly kill survivors by breaking their necks.

However you cannot move if a survivor camera angle is facing you, and they are given skill check to avoid blinking, skill checks are huge for 'fairness'. If they fail they can die.

This is fun.

• SonicHalo117

@Shad03
    Wow... I don't think anyone will complain about that at all...
    They should replace all of the other killers with SCP-173 as well

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

nerf legion more like Buff legion, you know that legion only suffers from the inability to apply map pressure due to his base movement speed right?

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

Tasty bait

• SonicHalo117

@Killigma said:
    Tasty bait

i dont get it...

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@SonicHalo117 said:

@Killigma said:
    Tasty bait

i dont get it...

This is obviously a bait thread, which tries to get people to argue, or 'bite,' over a troll topic. This topic is working, meaning that it must be tasty bait as people are biting.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Are you the player who went down almost immediately in the last game I played against the Legion?

Literally was confused about how it happened, and this was before I knew I was against the Legion. So, just imagine when I found out.

Let's just say I never saved that person.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Sure. Lets nerf Legion to survivor speed so he can quit the Killers Anonymous club and join the SWF Squadette.
  • Seclusion
    Seclusion Member Posts: 3

If anything I believe legion needs a movement buff on natural speed, It's hard to get someone after deep wound unless you manipulate the chase and make it so they are still dropping their meter.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited December 2018

nuff said

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    mike4156 said:

Some killers are starting to notice that just slashing with the knife and chasing is better than inflicting the Deep Wound effect on a survivor, its actually too easy to be chased down and killed by him when people know this.

Stop it 

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    mike4156 said:

lol no
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    See this is problem with devs they see number changes as quick answer. So many in community push number changes. But noone ever learns that its futile to do number changes.
    If i raise his speed then a month later have people asking for lower speed. Then after lower speed back people asking for higher numbers on killer side.
    This leads to many months the killer not getting fixed cause survivors and killers trying to get there numbers. But seriously ######### numbers and lets think of good ways to fix legion beyond numbers. I don't want to have many years where legion is awful cause devs are listening to community wanting there numbers. It didn't fix freddy and it won't fix legion. I think base legion was fine until they made it a numbers game rather than fixing his internal issues. Lets really not repeat history. But i got a feeling devs are only seeing number changes and that is just gonna repeat history again. To many speed nerf and buff posts just like freddy.... *sigh* ... we gonna have legion broke for 2 years.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited December 2018

@mike4156 said:

I've seen this situation lategame with Legion a lot, the real answer is to just loop them, but that only lasts for a little while until they down you with 3 frenzy slashes or just catch you out in a bad spot. The issue I see is when they use their power to get ahead, then body block effectively or corner you, then stab. Essentially it's like dealing with wraith with a shorter uncloak time and you have no reason to heal against him. Sure it's a "git gud" kind of situation, but it's hard with a killer with so many ways to deal with survivor's tools.

EDIT: To the op, try balanced landing or Dead hard if you run into this situation often, that way if Legion is trying to force a slug, you have options to escape more than just looping.

This discussion has been closed.