Head-On Deserves A Buff

aperoni
aperoni Member Posts: 23
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm sure a lot of people who use/have used Head-On in public matches will tell you that it's practically impossible to pull it off in solo-queue. I was talking with my friend about this and they brought up a very smart idea of showing the locker's aura to every survivor in the trial, or at least within a certain radius. What do you guys think?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Amazing, I love it. Also, double the radius and stun time.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

That’s actually pretty solid.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Not a bad idea actually.

• huntressmain03
    huntressmain03 Member Posts: 120

I feel like relying on other perks to have your randoms get info for when you have a certain perk that can benefit them is good, and I do think this change would be nice, it could help in almost any situation that helps a teammate... which I feel like BHVR will just say that that is the issue, that "Head-On wasn't intended to be a perk to save teammates, it was meant to be used in a solo chase, etc.", and then won't do anything about it. Otherwise, this is a solid idea.

• Yeah, i like that idea.

Head On :

While Head On is active, the aura of locker you are hiding in is revealed to other survivors in yellow within a 32 meter radius.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

Head-on is one of my favorite perks, but honestly, it serves its functions best within a coordinated SWF since IMO, it's the best exhaustion perk in terms of being a supportive perk.

My SWF has mentioned that idea you brought up too, but here are the potential changes we came up with:

• Survivors see the head-on user's aura for 5 seconds upon entering the locker
    • The Killer can not see any scratch marks from any survivor for 3-5 seconds upon getting stunned
    • The 3-second mandatory timer begins ticking the second the user touches the locker (to help with slow vaults)
    • The exhaustion timer is reduced from 60/50/40 to 50/40/30
    • If the user is injured, the stun duration is increased by 1 second (to reward risky plays)

It's definitely not a terrible perk since it helped us in countless and surprising ways, but there's of course room for improvement.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Not a bad idea. I'd be game.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

it is very easily used in solo queue. i've used it and have had it used against me.

i don't think the perk needs a buff to to have an easier time being used in a group setting nor to have more of a reliance in a group setting.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

I think this is a great idea, but now we have to incept it into the mind of the person responsible for the perk design.

Once in the past, a Famous Streamer suggested the changes for the perk rework, including the famous DS nerf.

After some time, all the changes were implemented.

Famous Streamer asked the Developer if they want him to send another perk rework proposal as they did before

The Developer replied he does not remember any re-design proposals from Famous Streamer and perk rework was common sense, but yes, please feel free to send whatever you'd like.

Anyone else here remembers this story? (I need social confirmation)

I can explain the perk changes were implemented only because of the great telepathic power from the twitch chat. This is the way.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I would say, Yellow aura locker only applied when it has a Survivor with Headon ready in.

Otherwise, if Locker always show aura when a survivor in it. Those epic fun moment of Deception on a teammate in random locker will never happen again.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

sounds good, that is until you actually want to hide from the killer.

A toxic, salty and game ruining survivor would then use that aura to reveal yourself to the killer. The killer only sees the Head-On stun, thinking its all choreographed and they rush to kill you, leaving the game ruining survivor the hatch to escape with.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I like the idea!

However for those who think it’s too strong, maybe just have it negate the locker’s aura-blocking for the survivor using the perk. This way you can use Empathy to see if an injured in need is headed toward you or if you need to find a better locker.

That, or just see the aura of any survivor within 5 meters of the killer when you’re in lockers.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Sounds like a good idea. It would make the perk more useful than it is currently.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

I don’t think it needs a buff, certainly not to its range, stun duration or exhaustion length. The locker highlight to other survivors within 10m would be a decent change, though.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

i dont think anything needs to be changed about stun time or radius, but this is just a nice quality of life change

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Head on is a nightmare to deal with in an organized team.

from a survivor stand point, it’s really difficult to use due to getting it setup for solo.

from a killer standpoint, it would be easy to start getting bullied if it gets much of a buff.

I would love to be able to use it with greater effect when playing survivor but I would worry about being on the wrong end of survivor beat downs as killer lol.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I'm also not clear as to why it needs a three second activation period, when it is an exhaustion perk already? It should be rewarding to use in the risky scenario a survivor hops in a locker while the killer is right on top of them.

• Nines
    Nines Member Posts: 26

Honestly i think that would be way too strong. It would be a guaranteed stun on the killer in most scenarios with no counter play. Even Dead Hard is not that strong.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

What do you mean impossible in solo-queue? I use Inner Strength or DS, Head On, Quick & Quiet, Flashbang all the time and I can get head on stuns no problem. Surviving the trial on the other hand is a different story but I have a lot of fun with this build so I don't really care.

I think the buff you're recommending is too strong. If they did do that, there would have to be a downside to it.

I would rather have the buff built into another survivor perk that others have to equip, like Bond or Kindred, Empathy if the locker survivor is injured, etc.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

While that is an amazing idea i can understand why they haven't done that.

Have fun with head-on while new players or trolls are going to point out you're there.

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348

There are to many sandbagging survivor mains that will abuse the knowledge of you being in a locker

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,212

Good job you have a means to defend yourself with Head On then.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I agree! Survivors need more ways to stall the killer and drive them away from the game. Queue times are not long enough yet.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Hard disagree, You have bond for that.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited August 2021

This buff would only help SoloQ, bully teams already know the routine

Currently it's only used in SoloQ if you get enough distance that the chase is already over

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
  • ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Easy yes. Another kind of "support" perk.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Wouldn't even call that a buff. Thats just basic QOL, the perk does VERY little except act as an exauhstion pallet at loops, which is lame. Giving it a little team coordination possibility would be very nice

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Quality Of Life.

This is said for buffs or changes that make something "easier or more comfortable to use" sort of speak.

Small hunt now count broken totems in the game, doesnt matter who break it,QoL change.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

Wow, I honestly only expected the words QOL stand for.

And great example as well, thank you!

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

Bond doesn't help surv that doesn't know where is the Head-on player. Plus, I don't really know why you don't want that change, it's just a QoL change...

Oh, the "big majority of people are sc*mbag so this change will not work" argument, it makes me think about the people who wouldn't like to see a unranked matchmaking.

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348

I never said majority are just that there is enough of a sandbagging player base that it might cause more harm than good

• Emeal

@DoomedMind Have you ever played against a team who uses Head On way too much? I don't want that in every game.

Head-on should stay the way it is.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

So swf will continue to use it way too much while solos struggle to get use out of it. Yet another perk that's a middle finger to solos.

How do you expect the devs to balance perks to be useful in both swf and solo if they never give QOL changes to make them more useful in exclusively solo??

• SmellyGoat
    SmellyGoat Member Posts: 14

Eh. Head On is already a meta perk. It'd help with solo queue but it really does not need a buff. It'd be neat I guess but.. eh

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    edited August 2021

As a Head on User, I do not like this change. As I don't want Survivors to end up relying on me to help them all the time. It's nice having a one off now and then. But most times I'm usually being sandbagged when I'm seen entering a locker with Quick and Quiet, this makes it worse. As someone who's mained Head On ever since the Plague chaper came out it's no where near as bad as it use to be. It's in a good spot right now

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,212

I think this is a great idea, though I would maybe limit the effect to within 12 meters or something, just so it's used opportunely, rather than baiting a killer to chase you all the way to a yellow locker half a map away.

It's pretty disappointing when you're in a locker with Head On ready, and your team mate runs right past... to the opposite side of your locker...

This would be a decent way of levelling the playing field between solos and SWFs, without giving SWFs any further advantage.

• Emeal

You can still use it in solo, SWF are rare and there are other ways of playing it in solo.

If you struggle to get use out of it make a friend.

• GoodBoyKaru

I already use it in solo, and in swf. I mentioned in the thread it was my favourite perk, you really think I'll not use it?

My point is that you complained about dealing with SWF using the perk a lot, and said you didn't want to deal with that in solo. Well, great news, if that became the case the devs could then adjust the perk based on both gamemodes! Which is how we can actually balance dbd!

Shocking, I know.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Bond doesn’t reveal the aura of survivors in lockers.

• Emeal

@GoodBoyKaru You are not the only person in this thread, I didn't read all your comments. Only the one you addressed to me.

• GoodBoyKaru

Do forgive me for expecting people to read other comments in a thread before they give their own to avoid repeating something that doesn't need repeating.

• Fogfactor
    Fogfactor Member Posts: 45

no

• Emeal
    edited August 2021

@GoodBoyKaru You cant expect people to read every comment. Sorry.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,226

I'd love this. It'd make it a lot better in soloq.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Cool...do this as soon as Enduring is buffed to shorten the stun.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

That actually happens 1 game over 1000... I even don't remember where was the last time I got this kind of game...

That's actually well said !