Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New bug or hack?

Irisora
Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Hi, the last match i played i coudn't move my character at all, just rotate the camera and crouch, is this some kind of new bug of the new build or a killer hack? I recorded a video if its needed. When i died i could see the camera in game from the hook death point of view with the end match menu... very rare.

Comments

• Irisora

Here is the video is someone wants to check what i said. It's a bug fest..

https://streamable.com/gqepd

• Juhonna
    Juhonna Member Posts: 23

i hate when this happens, it usually happens to me when i'm hiding behind a tree then all of a sudden i can't move and am just able to spin in a circle and crouch -_-, wish they would fix it, happened when the game first came out too except some killers were nicer then lol

• Juhonna

not sure why you can't move at all in your case ( after watching the video), that's really weird

• Irisora

Yes I couldn't move from the start of the match, i even tried pluging an xbox controller and still i could only rotate the camera, you can hear the windows sound in the start of the video. And i tried everything.

It looks like it's a new bug, i never experienced one like this in the 850 hours i have in the game. But.. can be a killer hack? idk if there can be such things.. the game is getting more popular everyday so it woudn't surprise me that a killer could freeze your character like this.

• Juhonna

hmmm I wonder what it is or why it happens, one time I was in a game with a leatherface i think and there were huge lag spikes and he went to EVERY person and downed them and hooked them and the match was over within a minute, don't know what the heck happened but i reported it in case it was a bug/hack. If what happened to you is a bug I hope they fix it soon.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ZVflTFV1k

It’s a rare bug called “Bundling”. Basically your character gets clipped into a tree, wall, the ground, etc. The game registers your hit box collision with the offending object(s), and says your hitting it and will disallow movement in any direction. Not a hack, just a rare and unfortunate bug. I’ve come across it a couple times. I find them stuck as Killer, down them, carry them a bit, drop them, and walk away. It’s the only way you’ll get out of being “Bundled” is if the Killer downs you, and takes you away from the spot. 

Just have to hope they might be nice like me, and give you a free pass and not hook/kill you for free. ;)
  • Irisora

Oh i remember getting stuck with trees and pallets while playing survivor or killer in older versions of the game, but getting stuck with the ground at the start of a match? that was new lol.

Surely the killer didn't know i was stuck and he thought i was afk. If a see someone now in the same situation i'll try that, it really suck if happens to anyone, i was forced to leave the match and lose 2 pips.