We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

BSOD after cutscene by easyanticheat.sys

burzzum
burzzum Member Posts: 4
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

Hi,

Ive been playing successfully for ~month and till yesterday every attempt to "press space to continue" continues with blue screen (or when I wait -+20sec It without pressing anything). Ive tried removing easyanticheat.sys from filesx86 then reinstalling it and it doesnt work.

Win7 pro 64bit

8GB RAM

i5-6600 3.3ghz

GTX 750Ti 4gb

Help please :c

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Answered · Last Updated

Comments

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,952

wow this is ######### up

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,849

Hey I'm actively looking into this issue right now and have brought it up to the team, but please be aware that we do not officially support Win 7 - that's not to say it's not going to work on a Win 7 machine but due to that system being end of life with Microsoft, more and more things are not going to work with it.

• burzzum

Thanks, ye I know Its not being supported but I installed it and it worked correctly so :c

• BooosteRx
    BooosteRx Member Posts: 11

Hi, I have the same problem since yesterday evening. DBD was always running fine on my PC, since I installed it on my computer in 2016.

Even if the splash screen of EasyAntiCheat said my PC was lacking SHA-2 code signing support, I just had to clic OK, DBD worked then, and this for months and months. My line of conduct is : as long as it works, do not change anything !

So, after the BSOD, I installed the SHA-2 code with the KB4474419 update. But nothing changed, I still have BSOD each time I launch the game, after nearly 45 sec. I can sometimes have the time to access to the ingame menu, but not further, BSOD comes.

BUT it happens only when the game is on the foreground. I tried to watch the windows task manager and MSI Afterburner to see if there were any clue about this, and all the time DBD was running in the background, the BSOD doesn't appears !! This for many minutes. As I put DBD on the foreground, 3 secondes later => BSOD !!

I didn't installed any new driver, or hardware, nothing at all, since the last time DBD worked, and I play DBD each day.

The software "Bluescreenviewer" said it was "EasyAntiCheat.sys" wich would be the cause of the problem.

So I tried differents things :

• repairing EasyAntiCheat via the integrated tool in EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, located in ...\steamapps\common\Dead by Daylight\EasyAntiCheat
    • giving administrator rights to EasyAntiCheat.exe, EasyAntiCheat.sys, EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe
    • deleting EasyAntiCheat.sys (it is recreated the next time the game is launched)
    • deleting the folder "EasyAntiCheat" in C:\Program Files (x86), and then choose "install" with EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe => new folder created, just with EasyAntiCheat.exe inside, not EasyAntiCheat.sys
    • deleting (with backup) the "DeadByDaylight" folder in C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local => recreated at next launch
    • launching the game For Honor that is already installed on my computer, and wich use EasyAntiCheat too => runs fine, no BSOD !

Nothing worked, still BSOD !!

So I guess that maybe EasyAntiCheat has made an update yesterday, and that could be the reason DBD is crashing now, for some people.

Because :

• it worked fine before yesterday
    • I changed nothing on my side
    • DBD had no patch yesterday

Could you please see if this is a possibility ? I'm really sad that I can't play DBD right now 😥

Thx 😉

ps : sorry for my english, it might be not that good 🤔

Win7 pro 64bit

8GB RAM

i5 760 2.8ghz

GTX 1060 6GB

• BooosteRx
    edited September 2021

If it can help, I made a screenshot of the Bluescreenviewer software informations.

BSOD first appeared at 01:05:25 01/09/2021 , and created a dump file. What is weird is that the following BSODs did not generate a dump file, but the BSOD reasons displayed on the screen are the same each time.

By the way, I have tried to desinstall and install DBD, but nothing has change ...

• burzzum

Great

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I just got my first BSOD today for what seemed like no reason whatsoever. I've been playing this game for five months, 600 hours in, all types of games and variables and circumstances, yet boom, right after a match with my friend my computer crashed hard. That's never happened before with this game and has only ever happened with this particular machine maybe once or twice several years ago.

I AM on Win 7 but the game's been running just fine for me all summer. Nothing was out of the ordinary today.

• BooosteRx

@miketheratguy : do you have BSOD now each time you launch DBD, or did it happened just one time and now the game runs fine ?

• BooosteRx

I played "Friday the 13th : the game" right now, wich is a game using EasyAntiCheat too, and I had no problem at all.

And for more information, I notice that when I launch this game, the EasyAntiCheat.sys file is "modified" (the date and hour of the last modification of the file is exactly when I launched this game).

But the size of this file now (2327 Ko) is not the same as when it is generated by DBD (3502 Ko).

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

So far just the once. I can't say that I want to replicate it though if it DID happen regularly I'd at least be able to provide more information. I just wanted to add to this topic because I was surprised to see that someone else had also gotten a BSOD during the same period that I did.

• burzzum

2 weeks we are working on it 👍️👍️👍️👍️ every game support be

• BooosteRx

I think there are words missing in your phrase, no ??? I don't understand it🤔

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,849

As I pointed out in my first post on this thread, we do not officially support Win 7 - so whilst this is somethign that the team is aware of, I do not know if it will be fixed, due to us not supporting the platform.