On a scale of 1-10, Rate The new Chapter

i’d give it a 2

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I give it a 7. I like Legion and the concept, Jesus I mean Jeff is great, perks are decent for both sides overall, the new map is nice and I just like the new chapter overall

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

I give it a 4.5. I can see it going up to 6 if they work on Legion's power. My main gripe, besides that is they just don't look menacing enough for me. If they at least looked cool, then I might give it a 5.5.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    I give it a 10 😁 

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I had fun playing the Legion. Jeff, I couldn’t care less about, got his perks but his whole persona ain’t appealing to me. I mean, that haircut, cmon... The map is alright, or was, until the took it down hahaha... I’ll give it a 7.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    6.5 average.

Perks are decent, I love the survivor’s perks! Killer perks are also okay.

Backstory however seems kinda lazy. I feel like it could have been more interesting.

However new concept of 4 different people as one group.

I also feel like the new survivor’s grunts are really loud? Idk it could just be me.

Overall not the best. Pretty overhyped but it’s alright.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    7/10. I love all the survivor perks. And as much as I've heard the killer's look is plain, I love it. Especially the Julie purple outfit. 😍 The scariest monsters are the most human. However Legion could use a bit of a buff. I think the perks are a lot of fun.
  • Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    @Gamzello

Yes, Jeff is incredibly loud. Also don't get hooked as him if you want to keep your ear-drums intact.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,891

5/10 and that's solely for the map.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Let's see.
    Killer has useless abilities? Check
    Killer has useless perks? Check 
    Survivor has useless perks? Check 
    Having to spend 20$ to get all 4 versions of the killer, after purchasing the dlc? Check 
    BBQ nerf? Check
    But the new survivor has a cool skin. Check 

Yeah I give it 1 point for that skin.
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    edited December 2018
    Engine changes: 6. I like the immersive feel now, but all the audio glitches and increased corn blindness aren't entirely worth it for me.

New Map: 5 1/2. I mean the place is essentially Asylum 2.0 in terms of jungle gym. That coupled with the game crashing people experienced which lead to the map being shut off really makes this chapter feel rushed.

New Survivor: 10. This guy is awesome both in design and perks. Absolutely love him.

New Killer: 3. Legion is such a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I love the idea of a high mobility killer who's all about leaping over things to accomplish their goals. On the other hand, Legion isn't balanced for #########, if you'll pardon my language. There is no real feeling of challenge or desperation as a survivor or the killer when it's Legion. You either escape, woohoo...., or you get the person, woohoo part deux. There are no long, arduous fights where you and the survivor are fighting tooth and nail, trying to either escape or slay, and one finally managing to eke out the other. It is literally just one extreme or the other. The feeling as well of obtaining a pip without having even killed anyone is very hollow as well. I'm not sure what can be fully done outside of the level of rework that Freddy is supposedly getting, but something needs to be done.

Overall average: 6.125. There's a reason this release has been considered "a game in this bug." Too many game breaking glitches and a lackluster, hollow feeling killer for me to do more than give a slightly better than average score. If it weren't for Jeff this chapter would suck.
    Post edited by Khroalthemadbomber on
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Last Year is Live / 10

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

2 points for survivor perks only

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    I'd give it a 10 for theme, design, backstory for Legion & Jeff.

I'd give it an 8 for both of their unique Perks

I'd give Legion a 7 or 8 personally on gameplay, even though they need some tweaks (which we're getting a few) I still really enjoy running around stabbing everyone and how it feels when using their ability.

Easily be a 10 for me once I get some Perks on them and a set of Add-ons and practice on finesing their playstyle. I dunno something feels really satisfying esp with them being a BP machine!

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

I remember shortly after the patch @The_Crusader made a comment about how that hook-breaking perk was his new least favorite perk (he said it more eloquently, but I can't remember the thread).

I was thinking "c'mon, it's not really that bad!"

but now, after having played MANY games...I actually hate that perk more than DS too. Oh my god...SO freaking annoying!

Is iron grasp a new essential perk for killers? Ugh....

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    3. The survivor perks are the only good thing about this DLC.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

2-3, tops.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

I remember shortly after the patch @The_Crusader made a comment about how that hook-breaking perk was his new least favorite perk (he said it more eloquently, but I can't remember the thread).

I was thinking "c'mon, it's not really that bad!"

but now, after having played MANY games...I actually hate that perk more than DS too. Oh my god...SO freaking annoying!

Is iron grasp a new essential perk for killers? Ugh....

Its if they do it on the edge of the map. That's when it's a b**ch lol because there's no other hooks nearby often.

Or certain locations on the map such as the thompson house. I mean the devs finally fix thompson house then weeks later introduce a perk which undoes that change. Great idea, real genius.

This is with 1 jeff too. God help you if you have 4.

Truetalent put out a video recently where one hook is broke at the edge of the map. Survivors doing what they do best exploit this and run to the edge when they're going down, then just stay there slugged knowing he can't hook them. How utterly toxic.
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    10 across the board
  • Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Even though I don't really like the killers abilities at all because the deep wound makes him a lot less viable in my opinion. I still really love the concept of the Killer.

The this is viver is actually pretty cool and made something of himself. He's probably one of the few survivors that has a backstory they guess it doesn't start off all that grade but he turned himself into a awesome model citizen unlike the rest of the worthless slags that are survivors
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

2/10 for the map

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Map that's pretty neat... but then turns out it's bugged as all hell and they have to take it down (a snow map, through the Christmas holiday, go figure) to work on it so you can't use it.

A thicc unit heavy metal Jesus survivor who comes equipped with with an aura reading-destruction perk and an instant sabotage perk just for messing up and getting caught.

A "killer" who's the equivalent of a survivor main's participation trophy.

Along with a patch that nerfs aura reading further, offers ear-deafening audio, loading screen freezes and other assorted bugs and whistles.

I give the chapter a solid 3 for half-assed effort.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    6.7 Jeff is amazing but Legion is too dependant on survivors derping.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I'll give it 4... the chapter its self is the worse work bhvr has put out.. are the perks nice yes... but this killer needs work... not skill based and theres almost 0 chance of outplay for survivors
  • myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 552

2/10

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    3/10. The only things I like about Chapter X are the new main menu music, Legion’s perks and their lore. Legion was released in an unbelievably weak state and Jeff has two of the stupidest perks in the game. 
  • WINTERS
    WINTERS Member Posts: 127
    10 - for jeff and his perks are amazing
    3 - Legion power is cool but how it works aggravates me and their look is so average and a typical teen horror movie.
    1 - for the map. The map is huge and glitchy.
    1 - for the killer story. So generic.
    8 - for the new update look but the sounds are insanely loud.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

8, I love the legion, they are my favorite killer currently
    (I will explain when I have the time)

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    Because I only play legion now, and love them.
    Jeff is a badass. The map is great (when it works) and I like all the perks. So yeah, love it.
  • Wolff_Bringer
    Wolff_Bringer Member Posts: 90
    1. Jeff looks cool. Story's are pretty cool and i love the fact that both, Survivor and Killer are connected to each other. Heck, even the map is connected to those!
      The Legion looks pretty decent and i love the cosmetics for them (especially Susie) but the ability of the Legion confuses me, especially the fact that he got a perk with Exposed but with his ability he cant use it.
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Jeff/10

• Ugum
    Ugum Member Posts: 26

Anything less than a 10 and Jesus Jeff says you will burn in hell!

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    4, Sadly :(
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

8/10

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Like 2 …?

-Jeff looks like he should have been a David skin.
    -DW as a new status is terrible.
    -Legion is only 50% of what it should have been, with the remaining 2 characters behind a paywall (even for those that bought the DLC with real money). Not even a version with basic legionstyle outfits available for shards.
    -Legion is basically a Ghostface rip off.
    -The new engine is awful. Sounds busted, graphics busted. Scratchmarks bugged. Screambubbles bugged.
    The list goes on and on.
    -Mediocre new perks
    -Bad balance changes (locker hiding auras, mending vs NC, BBQ nerf, Doc nerf, Freddy nerf)
    -New MM to hide SWF more

Actually I might have to reduce it to a 1, since I really can't find a single "good" change that came with it tbh.
    (Change my mind.)