Rapid Clicking Flashlight is Annoying

playhard
playhard Member Posts: 279
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello BHVR please remove and banned survivor who can make their flashlight become rapid clicking, it is so toxic and annoying killer. You know who the most player that make this game toxic, mostly survivor player.

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

You could also just ignore it.

I actually think it's kind of funny when Survivors really want my attention.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 659

Are you serious ? Are you aware a click click flashlighting can't hurt you as killer ?

It's just a survivor strat' to test your mental health. And apparently it works well...

Just down him with your M1 attack or deny him or shut down your headphones...

But calling it toxic or to ask BVHR to ban someone for that is just a joke... or a bait ?...

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited September 2021

Flashy clicks are survivors trying to communicate with you to try to get power over your mental state.

Which is in most scenarios giving you free information you can use against them, which gives you WAY more power over their mental state if you can bait them into worthlessly following you hoping for you to full commit.

While BM and disrespect can get 'too much' (end game collapse is needlessly toxic right now and adding a REAL concede mechanic would be nice, hatch fakeouts or slugging tben hooking on last kill and other ways of wasting real life time for no reason likewise adds nothing to the game) mindgames are really critical to DBD.

If you really are in the killer zone clickspam should make you smile.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Its a sound barely more audible than killer breathing. If it peeves you that much then run franklins, its really not that annoying.

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279
    edited September 2021

hey do you know some survivor use mechanic coding to enable a insta infini to click rapid on flashlight as i know this is part of hacking.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Or to send you into a seizure if you are prone to that kind of thing.

• n000b51

Almost every player plays both sides. We all meet the same behaviours during trials yet, you are not a exception. Just ignore or resist. As they are saying "it is testing your mental health"...

Use the Franklin's Desmise to disgust them...

• n000b51
    edited September 2021

They can't click click any longer after a good chainsaw's hit in their teeth...

Post edited by n000b51 on
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It is annoying and is obviously meant to be toxic.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

As with teabags, you have to learn how not to give attention to them. People that do that want to anger you, or get you after them (I personaly clicky click and tbag lategame to get killer off the hooked survivor). People that don't do that strategically consider you bad, so go ahead and prove them wrong. Don't overcomit to chases with them. Just play normally and try to chase people that seem bad at looping. This is the only way to "punish" those clicky-clicky survivors: by not giving them the attention they want.

• Ozlotto
    Ozlotto Member Posts: 5

I run franklin's because it annoys the flashlight heros

I've had plenty dc when they find out that I have franklin's and can't click me

It's the easiest way to get to the flashlight heros and really slows there healing and saves so it's a great perk

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340

Didn't they remove mori canceling because it was annoying?

If they did, I see no reason why they wouldn't put a 1 second cooldown on the audio for the flashlight at least.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

I think it can be very annoying on the eyes when survivors click their flashlights very fast in your face. I assume it might be a hazard to people who are sensitive to flashing lights.

There should be a delay of like 0.5s to turning on your flashlight after you turn it off. You'll still be able to click to tease the killer, but you won't be able to potentially causing harm to people who are physically sensitive to that sort of thing.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Ah yes don't use surround sound. Also I don't know about you but most people who click aren't trying to get the killer's attention for actual gameplay purposes.