GHERBEARRULES
GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

Which is the worst map in DBD? 144 votes

Lery's Memorial Institute
1%
BabyBubzHeader 2 votes
Haddonfield
13%
White_OwlGibberishTapeKnotTerrorUnleashed[Deleted User]HellraisingPredatorGlamourousLeviathanEntity_Lich94Francesco044DerZuntorFobboGannTMJPAJimboMasonThr_ustTheArbiterHaunterofShadowsSirGandoTroutMaskReplicaNova664 20 votes
Gideon Meat Plant
3%
TromanRodrigoLGruulLadybirdgeneralbeak 5 votes
Midwich Elementary School
4%
Yoshman2523TatariuFengisKawaiiVioletCrimesRez_Marsielhalesnikkishandy7 7 votes
Raccoon City Police Department
50%
AcromioChocolate_CosmosGHERBEARRULESLiunUKNightgamer454RieBabyCameron10kandalphmaaadinsomniacUnnamed_FreakxEamusstang62KeezoFreddoUistreelTheGhostofZgorAhoyWolfTheRealSpiritFuryWTBaconDetailedDetriment 73 votes
Family Residence - Yamoaka Estate
2%
KazimGamerEzraUnderdawg 3 votes
The Pale Rose - Backwater Swamp
9%
kisfenkinTaigaDr_LoomisSpeeddemonsaifChurchofPigJay_WhyaskRattiusbubbabrothaIlliterateGenocideGuiltiiTrickstaaaaaAnni3P4annyKweenPleaseGarlicRice 14 votes
Shelter Woods - Macmillan Estate
4%
Mat_SellaSkeletalEliteScary_Punk_GhostCornHubMarc_go_soloDanyonettaStinkyOrnstein 7 votes
Hawkins National Laboratory
3%
NeonAlienPinkamenElcopolloMrOogieboogieAgstarboy 5 votes
None of the above (Specify Below)
5%
MushwinGeneralVDBD78Awkward_Fiendlav3[Deleted User]TacitusKilgoreIamVoiceOver 8 votes

Comments

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

I was going to say the Disturbed Ward, but I noticed RPD after I voted. That #########'s repulsive

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85

All the licensed maps have issues but they keep getting worse. Midwich is tolerable now that we've adjusted but RCPD is so much worse.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,603

Dead Dawg Saloon is disgusting.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

This nice looking but ugly infinite labyrinth wins by miles.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I was trying to decide between RPD and Haddonfield, But RPD takes the cake with this one. That map is atrocious.

• None of the above (Specify Below)

Springwood is so boring

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    Haddonfield

I’m still having a hard time understanding why people think RPD is worse than Haddonfield.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Personally both Pale Rose and Grim Pantry.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I am a Resident Evil fan from the first hour and i absolutly despise it. It might look great, but it plays horrible - for both sides.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615

I play Hillbilly, Blight and Demo the most. The Police Department is ######### hell for Hillbilly and Blight, and I refuse to play it even as Demo, who could theoretically actually be decent on it.

You won't catch me even hating on Haddonfield really as someone who mainly plays Killer (I love Survivor but I'm stuck in low rank hell), but this map? ######### this map. It's awful in every way except appearance. The aesthetics are nailed as per usual, I must say, but everything else is a failure of map design.

• EliskaMM
    EliskaMM Member Posts: 145

Nah the maps looks beautiful. It is amazing concept. I like how it looks. But the map is unplayable. It is too big, corridors are too small, finding anything there is nightmare, run from the killer or chasing survivor is nightmare, there is so many dead rooms which are there only for the aesthetics. I straight up DC, unless it is split into two or drastically changed, I ain't wasting my time there.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    Haddonfield

I have a seizure everytime I read "Lampikin Lane - Haddonfield".

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    edited August 2021

Sorry, I clicked the wrong option!

The RCPD is really terrible for killers.

I hope behavior realizes that this really needs to change.

The map should be split into 2-4 parts.

Survivors are really taking advantage of this map.

This really needs to change!

Post edited by GamerEzra on
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Haddonfield takes some basic amount of skill, which is incidentally why it hasn't been changed (precious, precious stats). RCPD is a default win a la The Game where survivors accidentally bulldoze the killer just by holding W.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

I feel so bad for not liking the new map because people work hard on stuff, but it's terrible. It's a narrow maze and feels very claustrophobic

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I like RE games but this map doesn't fit to DbD... At least how they reworked it for the game. It's garbage for both sides. Hate it.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

It's just so boring!

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Cold wind Bright Farm I just can't see! lol

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,502
    Haddonfield

Based purely off win rate as killer Haddonfield will always be the worst to me.

• Booba
    Booba Member Posts: 62

RCPD.

It's bad. It's a indoor map, and some people REALLY hate those already (not me though). But look at maps like Lerys or Gideon Meat Plant. They're pretty tough for fast running killers like Blight/Billy, BUT THEY ARE DOABLE! And Haddonfield is at least doable for survivors. And some killers already got used to it (STILL NEED A HEAVY REWORK, BHVR PLEASE.).

But RCPD is something different. I get lost there easily both as a Survivor and as a Killer. It's great that they've kept the aesthetic and the layout and all. But damn, it wasn't designed with DBD gameplay in mind. It's just awful to run from the killer and run after the survivors on it.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Haddonfield

I'd say the RPD map but because I played RE2 8 times plus hardcore s+ runs it doesn't effect me at all

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    Hawkins National Laboratory

I passionately love Stranger Things and Steve is my second-in-command among survivors, but Hawkins is such a pain in the ass as a solo-survivor and not particularly fun as a range or any basic non-stealth M1 killer. And don't even get me started on how freaking horrendous it is for Nurse.

Midwich is one of my most favourite maps by far. As for RPD, as the time goes I more and more think that it's just a matter of getting used to the map layout - as soon as you understand all possible "ins and outs" it's pretty okay. Especially if your opponent side isn't particularly used to it. Haddonfield should be reworked and some tiles on it are busted, but I don't think it's "the worst".

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I don't have a worst map really. I mean some maps can be very annoying if you play killer, but nice as survivor. All maps have good and bad things about it but I don't really dislike any map. The new map is way to big but ok it is what it is.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I hate this map.

It's in desperate need of an update.

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

I don't like Raccoon. I've always had maps that I hate playing but I've gotten over most of them and I'm having fun with almost any map unless I get it a lot on any given night. Sometimes I feel like if I see another corn field I'll go crazy.

But Raccoon is too big and too twisty for the competition of this game, imho. It's apparently a faithful copy from the actual RE game but that's NOT a reason to make a map like that. They're not the same style game. Could you imaging faithfully recreating a DOOM map in DBD? A dungeon from WoW or something? Maps need to have the trappings of the license but they still should have a design that maximizes usage in THIS game. otherwise, it's just a museum piece.

In my opinion....

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Haddonfield

On a second thought, Raccoon City Police Department. They made a beautiful job recreating it with the added Entity's touch, but that map doesn't work at all with DbD's gameplay.

• RodrigoL
    RodrigoL Member Posts: 50
    Gideon Meat Plant

To all whinners learn the map, get used to it, I voted for Gideon, for personal taste only, RPD its fun, big, You'll have to learn how to play there ...

And I'll take this opportunity to give an idea ..

Make bigger maps ! And for those who will say it'll get harder for killers, make those maps need more gens done ! Like 6 or 7 It would be fun as hell haha

Leave all the others the way they are !

I play both killers rank 10 and surv rank 5 

Lets enjoy all and stop complaint for every single thing !

• Gruul
    Gruul Member Posts: 130
    Gideon Meat Plant

Pig's Pallet Emporium

• Bluerry
    Bluerry Member Posts: 233

RCPD is a ######### maze for both sides if u didn't play re2 remake

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I don't like any of the swamp maps... I prefer any other map than those swamps map. I don't know why.

• IamVoiceOver
    IamVoiceOver Member Posts: 24

Autohaven by a landslide.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Boring, uninspired, empty, impossible for either side to properly perform stealth in.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

I've had good games on Raccon maybe because I'm familiar with the map for its complexity I don't blame it for being the most hated but on the oni map my gens go like water maybe because of how easy it is to go from gen to gen and you have that big structure that structure that gets in your way all the time.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Wow I'm surprised at how not even remotely close it is

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

By far red forest. at least RPD has interesting scenery, red forest is just boring and unfun for everybody as the killer has to constantly walk miles to interact with anybody and survivors spend most of the trial alone and holding m1.

• Ladybird
    Ladybird Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2021
    Gideon Meat Plant

Not because of performance issues, frustration or it being killer/survivor sided. (Not that it doesn't have some of those problems) But because it's immensely boring and ugly. Its just a billion safe pallets, no thought required. Doesn't matter which side I play this map makes me fall asleep.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

Hands down RPD; it is not conducive for DBD. I'm not sad it's still broken because of that, but am terribly disappointed by the BHVR team that it is still broken.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

That makes sense. I always loved the map and wondered why people hated it. Then I realized its because I knew it front to back lol