What Nemesis should have been

Options
TheDarkTyrant
TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm going to show a minute of REsistance footage of Nemesis to show what Nemesis really is and why he doesn't feel like Nemesis much at all in DBD. Also if you're looking for multiplayer Resident Evil gameplay I 100% suggest this game over DBD. It deserves way more time in the spotlight than the absolute travesty of the RE chapter. Oh and if you don't get what he is supposed to be I can explain it to ya if you would like.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

My browser cannot play the video, apparently. So... I guess I will take that written explanation with a side of fries, please.

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

So the reason the Nemesis in DBD isn't that great of a version of him is that he just doesn't play like a Nemesis even a little bit. What Nemesis does is hunt down Jill and stay on her tail with a specific set of skills and some of his most iconic ones were thrown out the window in DBD in favor of something Nemesis does not even do. He is extremely fast, strong and smart. You can see glimpses of it in his animations where he only kicks a gen 1 time and it breaks but its only represented there and not in the most important part which is the power. He should have been able to run really fast because that is arguably his most iconic trait and what makes it so iconic is everything else around him compliment it. Like his being an extremely big guy AND running faster than Hillbilly and Oni ever could is intense and probably more fun to most people over the zombies.

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

Felt like making a video because some don't seem to understand what Nemesis is an think he is perfect or something.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,481
    Options
  • Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

He's a well-designed killer for this simple game, you can't expect much in terms of source material in this pallet demolition simulator

Reworking him would never work out

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

Being more accurate would have been better for everyone when you think about it.

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Heck, as a pallet demolitionist, you really can't ask for more. Like, seriously, it will never get better than Nemesis. Just pretend the pallet is a STARS operative and there you go!

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

They have to adapt him to the game though. Do we really need another "rushing" type Killer? We have the Billy, Oni, Blight, Leatherface to an extent with his chainsaw run, Spirit, Wraith, Legion... I'm pretty sure that niche is pretty well filled.

He might not be wholey accurate to Nemesis in the game(s), but he looks pretty good and he fits his character. He is an unstoppable, relentless, brute force of destruction. He might not be "perfect", but he's a reasonable adaptation of an iconic character.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Wish he had the Flamethrower from Resi 3.

• Tomplexthis
    Tomplexthis Member Posts: 23
    Options

hey, did you know that Dead by daylight is a different game than Resident Evil?

cause you know, different game, different rules. i guess

but what they should do is let him bulldoze through pallet boards and destructible doors.

maybe fix his utterly worthless see the survivors for 7 seconds perk, which is just a waste of a slot.

the zombies should be at 3, not 2. their a.i is worthless, they get stuck in everything and dont move.

the tentacle is ok, but lag makes it hard to use, and his punch is a funny what to hit survivors.

nemesis has a ton of issues that need worked out, but to me its mostly the terrible zombies and that 1 perk that suck.

he cannot function as he should, and his overall look is terrible.

• ezrank1
    ezrank1 Member Posts: 32
    Options

If you wanna make your own nemesis just have a kid with your sister and teach him to be the perfect nemesis.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    Options

πŸ˜‚

Joke aside, i find that last killers (almost non original killers except Blight/Twins) have a boring kit. They are boring to play...

Only fun and original killers are :

• Trapper
    • Nurse
    • Huntress
    • Blight
    • PH
    • Demo (strong map control but weak base kit)

Every other killers are just the same than the one listed above. Nothing new. Standard attack not requiring any skill, no originality at all... Boring to play, only W + left click. It's sad.

Releasing too much new content is killing the possibilities for originality.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

People STILL don't understand that Nemesis is NOT SUPPOSED to be S+ rank? Really?

He's meant to be a killer that makes getting into the game easier for people coming into dbd from RE, just like Jill and Leon. Their perks etc are meant to show new players to ropes, and that's a real good thing.

Maybe one day the RE license is expanded and other RE characters come into the game that will be S tier, but Nemesis is good for what he's meant to be (albeit they ought to tweak the facecamping zombies)

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    Options

Man why would you bring Resistance in here ? That game is super dead and its a shame because it had some real potential. But the decision to bundle it with the somewhat short RE3 remake and then giving it zero support killed it.

Also in this game, Nemesis was Nicholai's BOW and was seriously overtuned compared to the other BOW, to compensate for the fact that Nicholai was the gun guy and couldn't really throw strong creatures at the survivors.

Anyway, of course Nemesis was never going to have his full RE3 arsenal. Thats why I would have prefered to have a T-103 in DBD. But Nemesis is more popular and recognizable so he got picked.

But you know if BHVR want to make a Super Tyrant skin where the tentacle arm is replaced by a claw on fire and each tier increase the range of the flames.... I wouldn't mind.

• Renjiro
    Renjiro Member Posts: 53
    Options

I don't think Nemesis should've been in dbd in the first place. He doesn't fit. Look at his power, it's boring and uninteresting. The gameplay on pallets is the same as Huntress. And AI is mostly a bad idea in general. They should've choosen a Differnent more fitting character. But money.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,281
    Options

Fun is subjective, people have fun playing different things

Also PH and Demo arent original, unless you mean original in the sense their power?

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 976
    Options

True, current Nemesis feels more like Mr. X did in RE2 and I think Mr. X would have been the better fit.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Maybe not as fast as Oni or hillbilly but I would be agree to be somekind like wraith maybe?

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

That's the problem some don't understand. They didn't even attempt to adapt Nemesis. They tried to make DBD feel like RE as a franchise which simply doesn't work out well. The way he is supposed to be would have fit perfectly and the excuse of " We don't need another faster killer" is bull. People said the same thing with all these other killers but guess what? People love characters like Blight and Oni now right? And its different when its a license to. You need to stay faithful to the CHARACTERS. Not franchise. And thats how chapters FAIL in every single way. With specific licenses its a different case though like Saw. I mean what else are you gonna do with SAW? They needed the traps. But do you feel like youre playing a Halloween video game when going against Michael or you feel like you're playing the legendary MM in DBD? When facing Nemesis I feel like I'm playing a multiplayer experience trying to mimick RE as a whole. So why would anyone even playing RE X DBD over REsistance or RE.as a whole? There is no reason.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

I made a thread about a potential nemesis rework I think would be a great change if you didn't get to see it. I agree, I think nemesis could have been so much more

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

Yeah. Like Mr. X just with a tentacle. You could also just replace Nemesis' model and animations to make him Lisa Trevor and it won't change anything.

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

He fit perfectly. What I am saying is his power had nothing to do with him as a character in the RE franchise. Some just don't realize that this isn't Nemesis they're playing as. I feel like I am playing Lisa Trevor with a Nemesis model.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

You seem to purposefully ignore the fact that that Nemesis would be broken af in this game.

• TheDarkTyrant
    Options

I've said many times before that I'm asking for his abilities to actually be in the game. I don't care about how they are balanced. I just want them to at minimum be there. They could make him the worst killer with it and I'd be fine.