Games progress way too quickly

Options
Triadequinaxor
Triadequinaxor Member Posts: 213
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Too quickly when im spawned on one side of the map, and i traverse to the other, and im getting 2 tinkerer notifcations and my oops, there goes my ruin because my totem was misplaced in the open. gg.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

That’s the risk of a totem perk. If you don’t want that to happen bring more reliable perks in

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

Mate you're running the most meta build and still complain that the games go too quickly. Maybe practice a bit more or switch roles and learn the game from the other perspective

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,289
    Options

The classic training wheels Blight Ruin Undying Tinkerer?

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

I doubt he is playing Blight. There is no way Blight is not going to find survivor before Tinkerer notification. It has to be some 110% killer.

• cyniChris
    cyniChris Member Posts: 207
    Options

I love how this thread has devolved into "You play meta Blight, get good".

Blight is hard to learn and gen regression is necessary on 90% of killers anyway, either because they lack mobility or that player is still learning the killer in question. Stop assuming because someone's playing a strong killer that they HAVE to be good at them.

Anyway, yes, games go by too quick because survivors often have instant access to several gens before the killer can even walk across the map. Spawns are complete BS and in dire need of changing.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

Ruin and Tinkerer might be 'meta' but they require you to effectively pressure gens in order to get anything out of them. If you're not playing well already, those perks are worthless.

• Triadequinaxor
    Triadequinaxor Member Posts: 213
    Options

mate i know you are playing in green ranks but you dont understand how fast gens pop in red ranks

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

i think most red rank players would tell you that it is absolutely possible to pressure gens in higher ranks, myself included. only advice i can give is get good and don't rely on perks so heavily for pressure. ruin and tinkerer on blight are more than enough really, if you can't work with that then it's a you problem.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

I've been playing since 2018 at red rank (not that the rank matters honestly), so I've been around for a while. Once you gain some experience you start to have less of a problem with gens.

That's why I suggested to take off the meta build (which has carried you above your skill cap) and try to learn how to actually play with your killer of choice. Initially you might lose a few games until you start getting people around your skill level, but with time you'll find that as you get better your games will become easier.

If you're still struggling it's good to play a bit more survivor to understand how people play on the other side.

With time and practice you'll get there

• Raihje
    Raihje Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2021
    Options

"Training Wheels" trying playing around midnight EST without that loadout lol, you'll be absolutely bullied and gens will be done regardless of how fast you hook people. Even if you get a hook every 30 seconds, which is insanely generous considering time finding survivor, first hit, second hit/down, and walking to the hook with them, gens will finish regardless. That's without even considering all the stuff survivors have to prolong or completely prevent chases/hooks xD

Post edited by Raihje on