How’s the new update?

Options

Pinhead, performance, how’s it all going so far?

Comments

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Pinhead is good. Could get some buffs but I’m still learning him. Performance is good as pinhead I saw some stutters but it wasn’t Terrible. People once again overreact cause of a stupid audio line that’s gonna come back soon people still protesting about Health. Overall not bad

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options

I think the performence are fine the main issue is the game crash sometime but no one get a DC penalty at least i receive 0 penalty in 5 crash

• [Deleted User]
    Options

it's alright... not as bad as the RE update but it's still not satisfactory.

• Vulgun
    Vulgun Member Posts: 439
    Options

He didn't came.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

What platform you on. Cause none of this happened to me

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    Options

PC, I haven't had a single game where the game didn't abruptly end to "player was disconnected from host"

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I wonder if his power was somewhat similar to Doctor's with the add-on of a circle instead of a line PR if he threw out his power like Clown would've been better...or too broken? I really want to play Pinhead, he's an all-time favorite Horror icon of mine, but I feel he's gonna be unfun to play against the better Survivors with trying to land hits that MUST be used at the best time/spot or you wind up with not much of a net positive, even if you land the hits. Also afraid of what the performance & aiming will be like on console for myself.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,569
    Options

Performance is fine, so far as I can tell.

It isn't worse.

Avoid The Game tho. There are a ton of unbreakable pallets that create god loops.

• PyramidHeadLooksDumb
    PyramidHeadLooksDumb Applicant, Member Posts: 7
    Options

Im also on pc and have only played 2 games. But both of these games have abruptly ended

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Thanks for the heads-up!

I'll probably wait to hop into matches tomorrow, as I know the players I get matched with layer in the day are way less chill than if I played mornings

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2021
    Options

Don't buy him hes trash, use the 5 bucks to buy something actually worth while

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184
    Options

The killers fine, he just takes a bit of learning to get used to playing. A lot of people complaining about him are people who i can guarantee to you aren't using his powers properly. Right now hes a safe mid tier killer. Not strong, but not weak. You have to mind game with him occasionally.

His addons are strong. His perks are Ok - Good.

The performance this afternnoon from release to about 4 hours later, there were constant host disconnections. You still got the BP, but the games just kinda ended early. This seems to have been fixed.

If you're a fan of Hellraiser or enjoy playing killers with Slowdown and mind game mechanics, then Pinhead is good. Hes really fun to play. If you want a killer who just flat out stops you without any skill needed, then hes not for you.

Watch Nototzdarva on youtube play him. You'll get a better grasp of how he plays than anything anyone can say on here.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Absolutley horrible :D

Just the usual with chapter launches no biggie.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

Its terrible. A new feature is god awful latency hits where you die 10 feet away and get hit through walls.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

Good, other survivor mains will say hes fine and this and that but they don't play him or they don't verse hard survivors so they think hes good. It's all misinformation but for me, im at Iridescent 1 and i can tell you he's ass

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Wait how? I got 2 crashes and got 2 penalties.

I gave up dbd for today because I don't want to rack up that penalty.

To the OP: pinhead can be buffed for a bit, currently he is not even mid tier, kinda like a weaker clown.

Still learning but meh, honestly not impressed.

To the performance part, not that bad honestly, I still get 60 steady fps with a few stutters.

Be careful of playing pinhead because most likely you will get dc'ed.

10/10 bhvr patch.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options

I dont know i just played normally and i never got a dc penalty i do know some player report they have a penalty but most of the time they are the only player to quit the match vs my experience is everyone quit the match at the same time

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

My initial impressions are not good either. That said though, I'm curious how Cenobite will fare as we start to figure out where the Lament Configuration is likely to be and start triggering more Chain Hunts ourselves.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

Pinhead is not "Coming", matches are constantly crashing, i mean the server closes, everyone gets their points and go back to the lobby as if everyone had a victory, RPD still the worst map released, hits still not registering when you are stunned by a pallet, trying to grab someone has never been this frustrating, overall this update is a big let down, it was expected tho, we are talking about DbD after all...

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Weird, I don't dc but my game did crash and got the penalty.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Wow it’s crazy that all these players are experiencing these issues. I’ve only played 3 matches tonight and there was some stuttering when survivors were getting unhooked.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    Options

I have purposely not logged in and played as pinhead nor have I played any survivor games.

With the crashing issues atm I just don't even see the point. Plus this 'chapter' is overall just boring for the most part.

I'm just frustrated that the devs once more released a broken ass update, and they still get away with it? Just baffles me at this point and it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

From what I can tell the update overall seems buggy asf and just a let down, I have heard performance issues for console have been better which I have to test and that is the only thing I am excited for tbh. Oh but I am excited for sbmm too, so let's hope they make it better for me personally.

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Smoking nothing my frend. I just know how and when to use his powers correctly. His power is a slowdown mechanice similar to freddys traps. They're not meant to hold a survivor in place for long, just to slow them down and u catch up, if you use that correctly like i do, you get a hit 9/10, if you dont like a lot seem to be unable to, then you dont and you come on here crying that his powers useless. Its useless because you're not using it right.

His passive ability causes one person to waste time to retrieve an item, hold it and be oblivious while holding it. It also requires you to further waste time to solve it, while if the killer uses it correctly, can teleport and 8 times out of 10 will get a hit. He's a slowdown killer and considering my games as killer are taking around 5-10 minutes longer than usual, id say hes doing fine at slowing the game down *When played correctly*

Is his power amazing? No. Is he top tier? No. Is he fairly weak right now with people playing him with sub optimal builds and having barely any perks on him? Yes

Is his power useless? No. I'd consider myself a mid to upper ranked Killer, and im having a lot of fun mind gaming survs with chains. Thats how hes meant to be played. He could use some buffs, but hes really not that weak if you're playing him right. Out of 11 Killer games i played as him today, all but 3 were 4k's, all games lasting between 15 - 20 minutes (usually around the 15 mark) The others btw, were 2 3k's and 1 2k. If SBMM is working correctly (and it should be as im getting good survivors who know how to loop and 4 games with 4 man swf's with a combined total of around 4.2K hours) then im not going up against bad players. So i have no real sympathy for people coming on here crying that his powers bad or hes weak. Put some damn effort into learning him and wait til you have better perks and you might start enjoying it instead of whingeing about it on a forum.

People like you just cant accept you're not playing him correctly with optimal perks. Simple as that.