youtuber/streamer getting viewers banned in dbd?

i was looking on youtube and i saw one guy... i will not say who, but i think you know who.. made a "tutorial" about some custom character icons in the game . and since these character icons are game files, you can be banned, right? i like the idea of changing in game ui elements, not only character clothes, and maybe the in-game store should have character icon packs, or other ui related things to change. anyway, the question is, it's ok to show to people how to change things, and it's ok to change that icons? i think it's not safe, and as a youtuber you can't just make your viewers to get baned because you have guts to do that :))

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

As @EntityDispleased said they don't actively go looking for it but the devs have said that any and all EAC bans won't be overturned by them. Since you're modifying games files which is against the rules you're putting your account at risk.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    To be fair I saw people asking on these forums and yet they got no reply. Not even a simple yes or no.
  • BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@MandyTalk said:
    Modifying any game file, even those for changing perk icons is something that is done at your own risk. Whilst we are not actively hunting people who change their perk icons, if you do get banned by EAC, we will not unban you.

So what you are saying is...you know people do it , even streamers, but you don't ban them because it's not an issue...so...what's the problem having EAC exclude modifications to picture files?
    You guys obviously don't have anything against it and it's YOUR game, but you let EAC ban (if they even will) for it and won't give an F even though you don't have a problem with people doing that...ooook.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    BigBubs said:

@MandyTalk said:
    Modifying any game file, even those for changing perk icons is something that is done at your own risk. Whilst we are not actively hunting people who change their perk icons, if you do get banned by EAC, we will not unban you.

So what you are saying is...you know people do it , even streamers, but you don't ban them because it's not an issue...so...what's the problem having EAC exclude modifications to picture files?
    You guys obviously don't have anything against it and it's YOUR game, but you let EAC ban (if they even will) for it and won't give an F even though you don't have a problem with people doing that...ooook.

So what you are saying is, you want behavior to contact steam to modify the checked files list, to create a exception rule for 2 companies. So you can change the color of your icon.... oooook 
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    The YouTuber in question did make jokes in his video about the consequences. He’s been banned before for trying to illegitimately regain Legacy cosmetics and should fully know the consequences, as should those that try it themselves. It’s not on BHVR’s shoulders to moderate the consequences of altering the game just like how it is not on EA’s part to moderate any mods to their games.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    MandyTalk said:

But what is the reason that you don't unban people who got false flagged?
  • powerbats

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    MandyTalk said:

Because they're not the ones that falsely flagged them and they've got no way of knowing that, which is why they've stated they won't overturn an EAC ban.

You've got to deal with EAC for falsely banning you just like if Steam bans you for something they catch you have to deal with them. Think of it like this, the cops where you live tell you while they know you're speeding across town in another jurisdiction.

But they won't punish you for it because they've not actively chasing you and thus don't catch you in the act. However if the other police department tickets you for speeding they won't intercede on your behalf nor will your traffic court judge overturn it.

If you think the cop who radar gunned you had a miscalibrated gun you have to challenge the ticket in the court of the one who nailed you.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Tsulan said:
    BigBubs said:

@MandyTalk said:

So what you are saying is, you want behavior to contact steam to modify the checked files list, to create a exception rule for 2 companies. So you can change the color of your icon.... oooook 
    Tsulan again .. Mate at this point I'm not sure if ur just 12 years old and can't comprehend basic logic and combine sentences or ur just a massive undercover troll in this forum.
    BHVR can decide which files are getting checked by EAC and which not. Same with the ini files. They can give EAC a rule NOT to check folder XY (ideally the direct folder to the UI stuff) and everyone would be fine. Simple as that. Same is with some other games where u can change UI and even install whole mods for even more than that.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    powerbats said:

MandyTalk said:

Because they're not the ones that falsely flagged them and they've got no way of knowing that, which is why they've stated they won't overturn an EAC ban.

You've got to deal with EAC for falsely banning you just like if Steam bans you for something they catch you have to deal with them. Think of it like this, the cops where you live tell you while they know you're speeding across town in another jurisdiction.

But they won't punish you for it because they've not actively chasing you and thus don't catch you in the act. However if the other police department tickets you for speeding they won't intercede on your behalf nor will your traffic court judge overturn it.

If you think the cop who radar gunned you had a miscalibrated gun you have to challenge the ticket in the court of the one who nailed you.

Ehm, I think the game dust had massively false flags and the devs were able to lift the bans. The reason was AHK if I remember correctly. So yeah, that's not the point.
    Also, the example with the cops is really bad.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Tsulan again .. Mate at this point I'm not sure if ur just 12 years old and can't comprehend basic logic and combine sentences or ur just a massive undercover troll in this forum.
    BHVR can decide which files are getting checked by EAC and which not. Same with the ini files. They can give EAC a rule NOT to check folder XY (ideally the direct folder to the UI stuff) and everyone would be fine. Simple as that. Same is with some other games where u can change UI and even install whole mods for even more than that.

Maybe they could do it, but they won't. Therefore, you modify files at your own risk.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Orion said:

Maybe they could do it, but they won't. Therefore, you modify files at your own risk.

Yeah, the thing is: why? Laziness? Or being happy for those who are getting banned and buy another copy?
    At least we talk about this topic, maybe the devs change their mind and give us a way to do it safe (steam workshop for example)
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited December 2018

Yeah, the thing is: why? Laziness? Or being happy for those who are getting banned and buy another copy?
    At least we talk about this topic, maybe the devs change their mind and give us a way to do it safe (steam workshop for example)

I don't know. Maybe they're too busy with more important things, like a ban system for console, optimization, balance changes, and thus placed the "problem" of having to use default icons very low on their list of issues.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    BigBubs said:

@MandyTalk said:

I'm undercover...

You realize the paperwork to make an exception for a anti cheat program would be huge? All because you don't like the color of an icon.

I mean, why should they even bother spend workforce on this? There are really more pressing issues. But the color of an icon?

For real? That looks like one of the most useless requests in history. 

Something like: "hello steam? Yeah, I'm calling from behavior. Yes, us again. Yeah, could you change your anti cheat engine, so 1 of our players can change the color of his icons, please? No, this is not a joke... hello? Hello???"
  • liviu0011
    liviu0011 Member Posts: 9

@Tsulan man it's about player's prefference , don't say that you don't want your custom ui look... yes, devs have a lot more important issues/things to do, i agree, but why players need to risk to have something done by themselves for example . steam workshop it's a good thing if will ever happen, but as you said, this is not so important, but i love the idea

• powerbats

It's about priorities and working on an icon thing which they've discussed is way down the list and thus they're not going to spend time, money and work on it. If it means so much to you and the others then pay them the money to hire someone to specifically work on it.

Since balance, and fixes etc are more important than you being able to change your icons.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Creating custom icons for perks and character Icons is always use at your own risk. EAC may autoban you, it may not.

This discussion has been closed.