Why is the disconnect penalty off instead of Pinhead being disabled?

Options
cyniChris
cyniChris Member Posts: 207
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

So instead of disabling the new killer, who is the only one causing problems, the disconnect penalty is removed, and thus more people will just disconnect for the sake of it when they go against a killer they don't like, or who does something they don't like, or the killer will disconnect when they're not doing well or they lose a totem at the start, etc...

The last time the penalty was off, 99% of my games, as any killer or survivor, had at least one disconnect. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Now it's gonna be the same again until a patch comes out to fix the issue.

Either Behaviour grossly underestimate the amount of people who will disconnect over nothing, or they really want people to play a killer who crashes their servers in almost every match he's in.

Why not just disable Pinhead until he's actually playable? Not being able to play as/against ONE killer is better than not being able to have actual games as/against anyone else.

EDIT: It's not off - I encountered a bug. Sorry, it's hard to tell.

Post edited by cyniChris on

Comments

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

Because they aren't disabled? Did they just do it?

Anyway, I paid money to play as Pinhead so I have every right to play as him.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,347
    Options

It isn't disabled, I found our after DCing against a Pinhead who was tunnelling less than a minute into the match.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

Wait, what's wrong with Pinhead? I haven't been able to play against him yet xd

• cyniChris
    cyniChris Member Posts: 207
    Options

If it's not disabled, I guess I need to submit a bug report.

My bad. So hard to tell with this game, sometimes :/

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,618
    Options

I mean, I played one game last night (not as Pinhead or against him), and I got DCed because of Steam Maintenance and did not get any penalty.

So from my side, it might actually be off, but I have not read anything about it.

But in general, if Pinhead is the problem, they would most likely not disable him. It would be a really bad move to disable something which the players just bought for actual money.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    edited September 2021
    Options

Apparently people are disconnecting as and against him

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
    Options

When playing as Pinhead you get disconnected at random times in a public match.

Is the DC penalty really disabled? Can anyone confirm...?

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

its not disabled

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

DC penalty is off?

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147
    Options

No, when you DC as pinhead, it comes up with an error message - those who are in the match when it’s a BHVR error disconnect does not incur a penalty.

normal DC penalties are still on.