Region Lock Inquiry

Options

Hello,

I've a bit of an interesting story and an inquiry to go along with it.

I'm a Canadian DBD player on PS4. My fiancée and I met on Dead by daylight shortly after the game was released on PS+ back in August of 2018. We became friends and after a little over a year, we decided to meet each other. Her being from England made it rather difficult, especially with the difficulties and harsh restrictions due to big government and Covid19.

I proposed to her, and we've been living together in the UK for nearly a year now.

This has presented a rather annoying issue for me on DBD regarding ps4 region locks.

This is rather confusing and difficult to explain, so forgive me...

Prior to coming to the UK, I had bought all licensed chapters up to Pyramid Head via the Canada PSN store. All other killers/survivors were unlocked via iridescent shards. All on a Canadian PS account on the Canada DBD app.

While in the UK, I switched to the UK app (ps4 launcher for the UK version of DBD). All my killers and survivors were unlocked as normal. It was as if I never switch regions. I started using the UK DBD as my default.

Since then, I've unlocked various killers via shards, such as blight or trickster.

Yesterday I decided to buy the Hellraiser Chapter, but as my PS store is Canadian by default, I bought the $7.90 version of Pinhead. Problem is... It is still locked on the UK app. If I launch the Canadian App, it is unlocked, but for some reason my Oni is now locked on my Canadian App, even though I bought Oni back in Canada, on the Canadian DBD app, with iridescent shards, long ago.

Have I lost my Oni?

Why is it that all my other chapters bought on the Canadian PS store have unlocked on the UK app, but not Pinhead?

What gives?

My fiancée bought the RE chapter on her account, it unlocked for me too, but only on the UK app. I'm so confused by these bloody region locks.

Any advice, tips, solutions would be greatly appreciated. Really don't want to spend 9k shards on Oni.... Again!

Additional info:

I've made my console the primary

I've updated licenses

Comments

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    edited September 2021
    Options

ps4 isnt region free sadly anticonsumer i know so yep you lost oni unless you had dbd on the uk account and bought him again :/ so due to region restrictions it will only work on the canadian account. locked on your canadian account weird try rebuild the database not long back a game of mine wouldnt show up that i owned it rebuilding the database fixed it

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,432
    Options

Hello, for this specific issue, I'd suggest to contact Support here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

They will be able to help you with it.

• RantGod
    RantGod Member Posts: 36
    Options

I had thought about that, but I never bought Oni on the PS store. I don't like buying cosmetics, so I spend iridescent shards on unlicensed DLC. I already have the shards, so sense spending real money. It doesn't show up as bought DLC, because I bought it on the ingame store for iridescent shards.

However, many hours were invested to unlock Oni and all other unlicensed characters. To lose them feels terrible.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

you set the ps4 to home right? in system settings on the account? try restoring the database see what happens outside of that honestly idk .... think their has been some issue people losing there dlc that they need to fix

• RantGod
    RantGod Member Posts: 36
    Options

I saw that too, on the news pop up.

That post along with Pinhead not unlocking after I bought him, caused me to investigate.

I guess Pinhead is locked on my UK app due to a region lock, but that doesn't explain the missing Oni.

It's such an uncommon issue, so finding info on the web has been difficult. I'll try restoring the database if all else fails, but I doubt it'll work.

🤞