MMR isn't helping whatsoever.

Options

My killer games are still against 4 man sweatlords running full meta and powerful items/addons, which is nothing different.

My survivor matches are still me carrying the entire team, having to get all the saves because nobody is going for them, having to do all the gens because nobody is doing them, getting chased, almost certainly always being 1 hooked at the end, survivors going down in less than 20 second chase, running weird goofy builds and generally just wandering the map aimlessly or hiding at the mere sound of a terror radius. Meanwhile the killer is quite competent and running full meta builds/killer which makes me wonder why the Killer isn't a potato like my teammates are.

Comments

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    Options

My solo survivor matches have been nice. Every teammate has been useful so far. I can't speak for killer because I really don't feel like dealing with sweaty teams, so I haven't played killer. If you are a decent killer you probably have decently high MMR. That means you are going to get better survivors. Decent survivor players are going to be more of a challenge do to well against.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I had the for the people/soul guard squad earlier today. First time encountering this kind of team and end game did not go well, as soon as I downed someone they were picked straight back up when I was in the cooldown of my attack.

It was awful.

• panaku
    panaku Member Posts: 23
    Options

same for me as a killer.. i get these sweaty survivor who chose there small map they need to be easy for them gens rush the hell out of me .. always there to flashlight save or heal themself to come back and body block.. this game is ( not competitive ... then WHY the HELL you put MMR .. i rather wait longer for a match and have a good game and not sweat all night and going against these show off survivor.. where the fun to be hardcore all night... i almost want to delete this game for mental health

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

I managed to play only 1 game as Survivor. We got Shape with ward for addons and he was playing Infinite Tier 3 with slug build (Knockout, Infec. Fr., etc.) and the game lasted 7 min and then he just left us on the ground. Fun stuff.

I am scared to try Killer lol.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I went from needing survivors to stand still at the exit gates to do my Nurse daily to 4 man slugging them. It helped, A LOT.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    Options

You have to understand that as Killer, if you're having "really easy matches" it means the survivors you are playing against are having really hard matches. That's why asymmetrical games like this are a nightmare to balance. And this is exactly what I'm on about.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,167
    edited September 2021
    Options

I'd like to think my survivors had good matches too. I didnt slug i didnt tunnel and i didnt camp. Everyone had 2 hooks on them and i think there was 1 gen left when i killed them. Also i had matches i didnt kill single person but i still had good time since again i had time to practise on those matches they didnt gen rush and i got some hooks in.

Only 1 match was like *old times* They gen rushed really fast and i got 1 hook in and everyone had dead hard and decisive strike.

I also played survivor yesterday. My matches were nice. i had easier ones and i had harder ones but overally i think i had the best time in weeks yesterday with both sides.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

My matches today with SBMM

Killer matches @ Iri 1: Thana, Corrupt, Tinkerer used on every killer plus another perk depending on my mood. No Hex perks used.

Doctor (My main): 2k, 4ik, 4k - Only 1 gen left at both 4ks

Legion (2nd main): 3k, 3k, 2k

Pig (3rd main): 2k, 4k, 3k - 0 gens left at 4k - note 3k match had a Disconnect mid match

Blight (Only played twice before): 2k, 1k

Huntress (Prolly played 20 matches with her before): 2k, 4k, - 2 gens left at 4k

Nurse (Played MAYBE 5-6 matches before): 2k, 0k, 3k - 7 hooks on 0k - granted I made A LOT of mistakes and bad blinks

Survivor matches @ Iri 1: (All matches as solo survivor) - Lithe, Kindred, Inner Strength, Borrowed Time - Iri Map + Crystal Bead + Retardant Jelly

Cenobite: Dead at 2 gens, Dead at 0 gens, Escaped, Escaped, Found hatch after everyone sacrificed (No offering or key), Dead at 1 gen

Spirit: Escaped

Deathslinger: Escaped

Blight: Dead at 1 gen, Dead at 3 gens - personal note - I loathe going against Blight - my escape rate is much lower with him

Bubba: Escaped - this match was given to me after a suicide on hook and a DC

Nurse: Escaped - personal note - I love going against Nurse - my escape rate is significantly higher against Nurse

Wait times seemed the same as before for both survivor and killer.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

sbmm wasn't even on yesterday (tuesday). sbmm wasn't activated until Wednesday morning 11am est.

Sounds like you were having pretty good matches on the old system...

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

Solo survivor. My matches have been as smooth as a moist gummy bear. I'm very much enjoying the game.

• Hannacia
    edited September 2021
    Options

I am not from america so im sorry to tell i had good time with the new system. For me it was activated 6 pm wednesday and i started playing 6.10 pm :) I'm already living in thursday. It's shocking i know... not everyone lives in america. ;)

• Hannacia
    Options

I live in europe so for me it was activated 6pm yesterday. So yes i did play on the new system.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

For me tonight Survivor felt great with the exception of the Trapper game where my team 3 genned because they kept looping him to where I was trying to break the 3 gen. As killer three of the four pinhead matches were 4ks with 1-0 gens remaining and close/fun games. The other match was a 0k with 7 hooks and full meta builds but sbmm needs time to settle and you'll still probably get a couple outliers based on queue times and upticks in sbmm scores.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Finally started seeing some low grade bronze survivors, in swf.

Trust the devs & mods when they say grades don't mean much in the matchmaking cause these players might have well been iridescent. Full meta builds and highly coordinated, if it wasn't for light born it'd been instant blinds at every pallet.

• jaawn
    jaawn Member Posts: 80
    Options

I'm glad it's not just me. I honestly think SBMM is going to ruin the game for a lot of people if there is no way to indicate to the system "I do not want to be placed in matches where everyone is sweaty and competitive". Maybe the issue is just that it thinks I'm a top-tier survivor or something idk, but I do not have fun AT ALL playing against sweaty rank 1 killer mains. Even if it ends up being true that I'm good enough to be matched with them sometimes...I don't want it. I'll just quit playing if most of my games end up like that.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Grades have absolutely nothing to do with the MMR system. Grades are ONLY for End of Season Rewards. Nothing else. MMR is completely hidden from everyone.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I mean, that is just flashlights being broken. Lol... Low mmr people can still blind off a stun... Probably.

Praise be to Lightborn, amen.

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177
    Options

Guys..SBBM has been out for a day now... give it some time.

MMR Systems don't get implemented and just magically go BRRTT and every game is balanced from the get go.

MMR needs to adjust itself over a decent amount of games.

I'd say give it about 50 games and you should usually start to see an effect and get even better over time.

That's how it should work at least, we'll see if it does.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,361
    Options

This.

It's less than 24 hours old, wait until the MMR actually starts to move people.

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131
    Options

Exactly, MMR systems always work like that but just like always, player are slow to understand, quick to complain.

Furthermore, the player that complain that their matches are too hard may be the one that got carried in by other in the old system, so even if they played casually they are what we could call "boosted player" and will need just like you said quite a few match to realign their MMR with their actual skill level.

This is the same logic as nearly every new killer receving a nerf or buff thread after the first day in the ptb.

• papabear2009
    papabear2009 Member Posts: 115
    Options

First 8 matches with pinhead....not one kill. Like how many games does it need to know that I'm not that good with this guy? Every survivor group I get has Iron Will, Dead Hard, Unbreakable, etc. It feels like with this new matchmaking it is not giving us separate MMR for our killers.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

"My survivor matches are still me carrying the entire team,"

Do people really expect their mmr to be super high on literal day 1.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

The system has been tracking our MMR for a long time now

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264
    Options

They gathered data for months just to afterwards throw it in the garbage can. Now i need to get stomped for 20 or what ever games on each killer to get somewhat enjoyable games?

And on the survivor side (SoloQ) it feels even worse. You might get weaker killers when you lose rating, but also you get weaker and less experienced team mates. Thats the reason the system makes no sense to me. Your games will get worse each time and you will get trapped in it.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351
    Options

interesting that a lot of the people defending sbmm have no explanation for the whole "good survivor leads team of new players against a good killer" thing that the sbmm loves to do.

• Daisymoon87
    Daisymoon87 Member Posts: 68
    Options

I am gold grade IV and yet the game continues to give me bronze teammates and killers. If this is how solo is going to be for me then I'll stick to playing with my bestie or try and get swf teams because this is garbage. I did not get to the grade I'm at by being an awful player, so why am I being stuck with teammates that leave me on the hook, hide in corners or down right look like newbie players? This is such BS

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    Options

Only played Survivor since SBMM release. I have 1500 hours in the game, most of the mas a survivor (playing killer aswell but lesser).

For now on, the matchmaking is terribly inconsistent :

• sometimes grouped with survivors with less than 100 hours against a comptent (average+) killer, ez 3 to 4k for the killer
    • next game i'm against a noob killer but with 2500 hours survivors, killer doesn't even do 1 hook
    • Then i have a balanced game with good survivors and good killer

etc... Really weird.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I only played killer last night but mine went like this.

Game 1 - Blight with Ruin, Pop, Lethal, Disco = 4k at 1 gen remaining. They played optimal but sucked in chase.

Game 2 - Oni - Wanted to try for the 12 expose challenge and this went terrible IM, Noed, Tink, NWO. Had an endgame build that did not work on Haddonfield = 0k

Game 3 - Ghostface - Pulled my head out of my ass and realized he great for this challenge ran BBQ, Devour, MYC, Undying = 4k at 4 gens (9 exposed hits).

Game 4 - Pinhead (first gm with him) Ran his 3 perks with Lethal = 4k at 1 gen remaining.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited September 2021
    Options

I played 4 games last night as well.

Game 1: Myers, 4k at 1 gen remaining.

Game 2: Myers, 4k at 1 gen remaining.

Game 3: Doc, 3k, hatch escape, 2 gens remaining

Game 4: Leatherface, 4k at 1 gen remaining.

Pretty much every time, the survivors would play efficient on the gens, but were not strong in chase. Once they knocked out the first three gens, I managed to get pressure and chases going, and that was when they fell apart.

Only game where I had strong chase survivors was the second Myers game, which was on The Game map. I had to hold Tier 3 until I could get that Bill and Leon cornered and then nail them together (they always ran together, like a SWF Duo).

I expect the above to change over the coming weeks. I haven't played since the fiasco of the Twins release almost nine months ago, so didn't participate in any SBMM tests and the system didn't exactly have much data to go off of for me.

I also don't main a specific Killer. In any given week, I will rotate matches between Myers, Freddy, Ghostface, Leatherface, Pig, Doc, Clown, Oni, Legion, and Wraith.

Like, tonight, I plan to play Oni, Freddy, Wraith, and Pig for my matches.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited September 2021
    Options

Knockout nurse who slugged everyone until they bled out, mint rag hag for me yesterday.

Fun I guess.

I'll try again today. Probably killer too.

• chargernick85
    Options

Yes the above average should change but those are great games and my personal favorite. 1 gen remaining means the game could have gone the other way for you just as easily. They just made too many mistakes and you made the right call which should be what determines the outcome of a match (who played better) but old matchmaking was not like that. I love down to the wire games where everyone scores around 20k or more.

• Kilmeran
    edited September 2021
    Options

I felt the same way. None of those four games felt lopsided, and except for in the case of one of my Myers games that had a TTV on the Survivor side that wanted to (it seemed) show off more instead of being efficient, all of us were within 2k to 3k BP of each other at the end.

That TTV ended with only 7k, because being a show off got them hooked and left by the other Survivors.

• Kilmeran
    Options

@chargernick85 I'm also okay with a 0k or 1k. I'm not watching Kills, I'm watching the BP totals at the end. If they're relatively close, I consider the match fair under the SBMM. It just means I probably made a lot of mistakes.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Mine's really inconsistent and i usually get 2 swearlords and 2 absolute potatos soooo i have no idea what's going on.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Was one of them a legacy nea or claudette + on EU servers? Bc I got my first squad with that combo yesterday

(I killed them and they took to my steam profile to express their grievances)

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143
    Options

Every match has been 2 or 3 people sweating their nuts off. I am also sweating my nuts off to keep up. I hate it. The worst part is the end game chat. Everyone is always salty and toxic beyond measure.

• chargernick85
    Options

Exactly. 0k with 7-8 hooks is good BP and I could have won if I was more efficient or targeted one at some point.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

SBMMR has been working very well for me. I've been playing Pinhead, a killer I'm brand new at, and SBMMR is allowing me to learn him without getting decimated.

Most likely you have to let SBMMR gather more data till everything evens out. If you have been slaughtering Survivors before MMR, you have to remember that the current MMR system has to start getting the better data from the MMR system and let it adjust the flawed data from the previous MMR system out.

A lot of people I've seen complaining on the boards, have had good games. I think they just aren't use to slaughtering "skittle" survivors, where there's always a weak link.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

My survivor games have been wonky in that I am II Gold but I am being put up against Ash grade killers. Not fun for me and not fun for that killer.

My killer games have been like what has been mentioned above. Swf squads that are outmatching me easy (also II gold).

I guess overall I play more killer than survivor so maybe my mmr thinks I am a better killer then what I am ^^" Which is odd, i think I am a lot better at survivor then killer, I juts have more fun with killer ^^

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

@chargernick85 @Kilmeran

Just a thought about the SBMM: I think you guys are along the right lines with BP, but I'm thinking it's not the end resulting BP or who "won". I feel it's not even the right page to look at for an idea on SBMM, but I think there is a page that would help more.

If it's skill-based, the main measures of skill were based on the Emblem system. But the ranking system based itself on the total of the emblem scores; not individual.

If I'm right in thinking, SBMM may be measured on those 4 measurements on the emblem page and pair people up based on how close all emblem scores are. For example: someone who gets gold,gold,silver,gold for emblem scores on that page will more probably be paired with a gold,silver,silver,gold player than a Iri,Iri,Ash,Iri player. And then over time the averages of each measurements are used to pair with those of similar close measurements.

I'm not sure if I've made it clear, but if this is how it's working, then this could be a genius matchmaking system, as trying to rig it becomes far more complex, and most likely will result in very imbalanced matches, whilst those who strive for high marks in all of the emblems will get much better team mates and opponents.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

We all knew this new implement was gonna do nothing. I'm not surprised, to me if anything it feels like im getting even more of the sweat lords with full DS,DH,BT,Unbreakable, or Adrenaline. That;s all they bring out of that whole roster 90% of the time

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options
  • Kilmeran
    Options

I absolutely get what you're saying, and have thought of that myself. I just haven't played enough to get a feel for it yet, and how it might work. Plus, I've also been away for almost a year, so my general skill level is rusty, which is going to affect what I can determine right now. 😁