Actually Worse Than Before

Options
DoomedMind
DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Okay, so,

Some of you know that I dislike the SBMM that is proposed to us by BHVR.

Not stubborn, I played several games as killer, I had not games with a skill gap between me and the survivors, that was pretty good.

Same as survivors. But there, it wasn't okay at all, like, every game, my mates kept opening the gates instead of waiting to see what's next after 99'd them.

And then left me on the hook, when I 5 gen run the killer, when he hadn't NOED, when no one's ever been on hook. And in postgame, they have BT.

On what Earth you have BT, you were never hooked, and you open the gate and instant leave.

And it happened to me a lot,

I mean a lot.

"Well, you have to play more so the MMR can gather data, and you'll be placed with better surv", so you're basically saying that everyone started with a Elo = 0 ? As old rank 1 as rank 20 (I say that because I was rank 1 before the update) ? I'm sorry but it would be stupid. I really, REALLY hope they didn't make the start like that. You're rank 1 before update ? Let's say, the game gives you 2000 Elo score, so it would prevent being matched with ranks 20, that are put with Elo = 0. It should start like that to provide an healthy start.

I don't know how they made their SBMM, but for the moment, it's a pain. Yesterday I was saying it was (kind of) like before, but the more I play, the more I see stupid moves from survivors (as a survivor).

Post edited by DoomedMind on

Comments

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227
    Options

The problem, in my strong opinion, is SWF. That is going to break whatever they've come up with re: SBMM.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited September 2021
    Options

Im honestly more annoyed with how its making people play. The idea everyone has is that the higher your MMR, the better your teamates. That means survivor prioritize winning at ALL costs so they can assure they'll have better matches in the future. This leaves much less sweaty survivors in the dust as they constantly die from teamates abandoning them over and over again. It also leaves the majority of killer players in a bad spot since said sweaty survs will generate absolutely miserable matches for the sake of increasing their MMR. Even if you don't play sweaty as a surv, consistently winning will just put you against the absoloute most toxic spirit/blight/nurse mains this game has to offer over and over and over again. DBD did not need even more of a reason to sweat, and yet BHVR just gave the community a BIG reason to sweat. Its pretty bad.

• Saviorace
    Saviorace Member Posts: 60
    Options

IMO that's how a "nearly" perfect game for survivors should go now that rank can't go backwards. There's no incentive to even slightly risk going for a save Now that pipping backwards is impossible. Benevolence has gotten killers more hooks than anything else.

• DoomedMind
    edited September 2021
    Options

While talking about SWF, I wonder how does SBMM work if there is skill disparity between the members of the team.

That was one point I hardly defended before SBMM comes : it emphasizes competitive gameplay and tryharding.

This is why I keep saying that they have to implement a Quick Game matchmaking, more commonly called Unranked Game. It won't prevent [BAD WORD] that want to bully to go in there, but it would be a minority, and casual players would have great games.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • DoomedMind
    Options

Well, imo escaping with all your team mates is also a major goal on the survivor side. I think it's kind of easy to escape no matter the price, but escaping while actively trying to help your team mates is another thing.

The system shouldn't reward super selfish gameplay. I mean, I don't ask people to trade while there is NOED for example, but, man, they haven't hooked even once during the game, and they have BT, that's rough to just leave like that.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options

They might wanna be transparent about how swf effect sbmm. Or the potential of it to do so, if swf does better and climbs faster due to being more optimal, having more info, than Higher sbmm killer matches will be against swf

• Saviorace
    Saviorace Member Posts: 60
    Options

Yeah I would think that if you're gonna have BT in that you would go for the save but honestly there's no incentive to do so objectively anymore