The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pinhead and Multi-Floored Maps (THE GOT DAM GAME....) and my ideas

Been playing Pinhead non-stop since release. When he works, he's a complete blast. Of course his chains need buffs and all, everybody's already talking about that. I am here today to rant about how abysmal to play this killer is to play on any map with multi level structures.

I consider myself pretty good at this killer for how little he's been out. Been getting 4k's like every four out of five games. However, lately I keep getting sent to Gideon, The Game. Oh my god. The feelings this map has bestowed upon me while playing this killer.

I have won only once on The Game. This map is the antithesis to this killer. Infuriatingly so. The Configuration's teleport mechanic is completely broken on this map: you have a very high chance to get sent to the opposite floor the survivor is solving the box on. Had a survivor solve the box on the second floor, above the entrance to the basement, which sent me to *the basement stairwell*, costing me an insane amount of time. On top of that, his chains have some of the worst spawn logic on Gideon, consistently spawning behind survivors in chase, making you walk into them and break them. And my god, the extra chain spawns are so useless in chase... Even then, there's more! It's probably similar to Nurse and I doubt it will ever get fixed, but aiming his gateways between floors is the most inconsistent thing. The fact that the indicator will flicker between the floor you're on and the spot you want it on the opposite floor is disgusting. You'll finally get your marker right next to a generator you KNOW a survivor is working on, you release the button... and the gateway opens against a wall on the upper floor. Oh... my.. god. It's such an insult to injury for this ######### to happen when you're already fighting for your life just to contend on this map.

It's not just The Game... Survivors are able to completely render your teleport useless by solving it anywhere near a multi story structure. On Badham, a survivor can solve the box in the preschool stairwell and send you behind a dropped pallet in the basement. On Haddonfield, a survivor solving the box on a roof is scott free 100% of the time, you will NEVER warp to the second floor, always on the ground below. The 10-12 meter warp alone is not enough to make teleporting worth it: The teleport NEEDS to guarantee that you end up on the same level as the survivor. Or at least, that you have an unobstructed path to them. If the survivor is not on a single level plane, the minimum meter distance rule should be broken. Put me up in that house, BHVR. Let me at them.

Honestly, it wouldn't even be that big of a deal if you could consistently place your gateways through ceilings to interrupt solving...But I don't think BHVR will be able to help that, considering it's a safe guess that the gateway mechanic is just a copy & paste of Nurse's blink. Anyone else have ideas on how the warp could be made not useless against elevation? Maybe an aura read on survivors you warp to? I dunno. I'm at my wits end, I want to love this killer but these Gideon matches are breaking me.

Comments

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Ironically, I find lerys and hawkins not to be the worst for pinhead, and I enjoy Midwich as well, but dear god, The Game is just horrible. Like you said, the entire map is cluttered with garbage that can be used to interfere with his chains, and not to mention the amount of god pallets the defeat basically any killer. I was gonna say the Game is his worst map, and it is, but I think this still just shows how awful this map is in general. I think the portal is fine and even in its most powerful on indoor maps, he has very quiet footsteps and his TR is hard to pick up as well, combined with his chains you can make solving the box near impossible on hawkins and midwich, lerys is a little tougher, but the game has such a higher amount of RNG compared to other maps I'm just convinced it is like the worst map in general. The biggest tip I can give for pinhead on the game is control the center, and upstairs. Getting downstairs is much easier than getting upstairs, and your movement combined with the gateway can be used to stop solving fast if you stick around the center. This is still really hard to keep going but that is the best strategy I have been able to use.

• wayneradiotv
    wayneradiotv Member Posts: 26

I agree with you, Hawkins and Midwich aren't too bad. I didn't mention them because box teleports actually tend to work on them, Midwich less so, there are a few spots where survivors can force you to the lower level. Pinhead seems to struggle a bit in the early game on Midwich but ######### dominates once you get to a three-gen. Hawkins is also fine but it's going away forever in two months, so... whatever lol. I actually have only ever been put on Lery's once. Don't have much to say about it. The Game though...... the worst part is I'm almost certain nothing will change about how bad it is. The only buff they might give Pinhead that could help him is some major change to environmental breaks.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

Haddonfield seems quite ok for the chains though, since you can't dodge them so easily.

• wayneradiotv
    wayneradiotv Member Posts: 26

Yeah, it's not bad. I prefer Haddonfield any day over Gideon as Pinhead. Only issue is the warp there, but the chains are waaaaaaaaay more consistent.