Camping Hooks

why isn’t there any punishment for Killers who Camp hooks? Yet when Survivors decide to DC we get banned system is so ######### up

Comments

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

Players that massively camp, every trials, 1st hook everyday should be HWID banned. It's extremely toxic as it prevents a survivor to play the trial properly.

Sanction should be way more than loosing emblems.

Or else, allow a DC if you are camped and this without any points for the killer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,161

Just make killers bots already. They can be programmed to only play in a way others find fun.

Or tell BHVR that killers should be entertainers and make playing killer a paid job.

Otherwise, the game itself has to be changed at a core level. You can't punish players for playing within the game's rules just because you don't like those rules.

• JohnWeak

Rules are arbitrary. DC could be an acceptable rules when you don't want to play against someone playing cheap.

Fact is, the Killer is "driving" the trial. He is the only one who can behave badly towards the survivors. Survivors can't do anything to prevent it.

• TragicSolitude

Then pay them for being entertainers or make them bots. Otherwise, they're people playing a game with their own win conditions.

And my teammates are often as lethal as the killer. The killer does not have a monopoly on bad or stupid behavior.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited September 2021

But it isn't. Aside from hacking Dcing is like the one thing you can do in-game that is against the rules

• JohnWeak

Nope, win conditions are determined by BHVR. I'm not even sure that a 4k with camping tunneling the full game is considered a win by the SBMM system now. I hope not.

• TragicSolitude

Win conditions for SBMM's MMR are determined by BHVR. They are not public, however, and there is no defined win condition for killers unless the player takes their cue from the game and its achievements, in which case Merciless Killer or a 4k are the obvious ones. When I play killer, however, my win condition is often to max out one or two BP categories and/or to get my BBQ 4-stack and after that I just go afk and wait for the next match. Everyone is different.

The killer's win condition is not "Did the survivors have fun?" I wouldn't even know if the survivors had fun, I'm on console with messages turned off. And when I had messages on, even though I never camped or tunneled, I still got messages accusing me of such. If a single survivor died, it seemed 99% of the time none of the survivors had fun. So the win condition "Did the survivors have fun?" would be nearly impossible to achieve without actually implementing bots who play for the survivors, as I keep saying.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943
    edited September 2021

Camping is not against the rules thats why

• Raihje
    Raihje Member Posts: 72

Unlike the killer you're not forced to deal with their #########, you can ######### on hook with no real penalty. Killers can't do the same when 4 survivors are clearly a SWF with Object of Obsession and/or every pallet pre-dropped while the gens pop and they're helpless to do anything but get clicked and teabagged at because god forbid they chose an m1 killer instead of one of the forbidding loop denying killers lol.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

Slugging, camping and tunneling are just a way of life unfortunately.

• JohnWeak

It's not about being entertainer or bots. Playing like they do is like being a bot.

The point of the game is the interactivity between survivors and the killer.

If every trials were :

• Killer chase 1st survivor, down him/her and hook him/her
    • Killer camping the hook
    • 3 remaining survivors doing gens only and escape

Where is the gameplay. So you are defending a terrible game mechanic, "camp doing nothing 90% of the trial" and you call it good and healthy for the game.

Ok, i'm wondering who i'm talking to. Surely one of those campers that don't know to play Killer properly :)

• TragicSolitude
    edited September 2021

I kindly request you don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was good or healthy. I think being camped on the hook sucks and is no fun, but you talked about hardware banning players for doing something that's within the rules of the game.

Getting rid of camping would require changing the rules, which would require changing the game's mechanics. I'm all for changing the game's mechanics. I think there are a lot of problems in the game. But a ton of people come onto the forums saying to punish killers. "Punish them for playing in a way I don't find fun."

Anyone talking about punishing players for playing within the rules isn't making a suggestion that will improve the health of the game. Talking about changing the game? Healthy. Talking about changing the player's behavior via negative consequences? Unhealthy. So yeah, at that point, if all you want is "play my way or get banned," then just ask BHVR to make bots who will cater to your fun.

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • eRock
    eRock Member Posts: 2

....I'm irritated with the heavy influx of killers that camp hooks ....even downed survivors.... my thought went to stopping the timer...after reading forums and discovering this idea had failed its trial. I had a different Idea but am uncertain if it has been tried.. what if the hooked survivors chance to unhook themselves improved the longer the killer stayed within a given radius of the hooked player. maybe even allow the now self unhooked survivors have some sort of temporary immunity to strikes and grabs from the killer . ...just an added thought...maybe this could be implemented on a downed player being camped as well.... gving the downed player a chance to self revive with a skill check or something

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567

if camaraderie was a support perk rather than a personal survival perk (i.e. getting close to someone on hook pauses their timer for a while rather than if someone gets close to you on hook) it would probably see a lot more use and severely discourage this kind of play

but the main bit is discouraging said kind of play, run kindred, try to get people to hammer 3 gens and then mass hookbomb for the save on 2nd stage, show them the kind of points/results they can expect from just trying to camp someone out right off the bat

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

What's been being passed around as an MMR win for killers is 60% hooks, meaning 8 - get everyone on death hook, and you're fine supposedly.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited September 2021

Some killers camp because survivors are toxic, some camp just because they are lazy and it's easy, some because they want you to be mad. As killer, I usually don't camp or tunnel. Still, survivors won't appreciate that. They will make fun of you if you are not that good and if you are good they will insult you. There are exceptions of course, but most of them are like this. You should play more killer and you will understand what I'm talking about. The way killers can be toxic is by camping, tunneling, maybe nodding. If this is bannable they should ban teabagging, click flashlight and bodyblocking as well. Don't you think?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It's fair play, do better at avoiding them long enough to accomplish something in the match.