Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer name exposed again?

InnCognito
InnCognito Member Posts: 720
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

Since when did the game decide to expose the killer's STEAM ID and name again?

I think the reason why they did away with this is so survivors could no longer grief one another during public matches. Please bring it back. 😀

Comments

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 629

What the F are you talking about?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

Um? This has always been here???

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

If you mean after the game, that has always been a thing.

If you mean before the game, that's either a bug or some kind of weird cheat.

At the end of the day no profiles or SteamIDs should be available whatsoever in any way unless people manually look them up (which can't be stopped unless people use hyper-generic names like "Bob" or something on Steam)

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Huh? Screenshot please

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

what are you even talking about lol

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172

I am playing on playstation, but few survivors always dodged my lobby. It took them like 15-20 seconds to check then leave. I am pretty sure they are not only able to see steam ID, but also player ID.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

citation?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I dodge lots of lobbies as a survivor. I've dodged Claudettes, Megs, Feng Mins, and bad pings. I've left because something suddenly came up. I've never had any idea who the killer was.

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172

That's not what I mentioned. If someone dodged your lobby multiple times, when you play different killers, against different group of survivors, day by day, month by month; then it's absolutely abnormal. I don't know how, but I am pretty sure they can check who is the player as killer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Oh, you meant a few specific survivor players. I didn't get that, I apologize.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

Ah, let me clarify this.

1 ) I dont run add-ons or anything like that. I loathe cheaters and Cheating is a problem in online games and I wonder why folks do this. Since it steals from them the full immersive experience of online games.

2 ) I may be wrong. But didn't the POST-GAME window with Spectate menu option have where it has that red band / ribbon over the Killer's perks AND their name? I coulda swore it did? I see now it only covers their perks.

I appoligize for confusing anyone about this topic. I thought this had been done so survivors cannot add the killer to their friends list and sell out their team mate(s) or stream snipe their twitch.

Thanks!