I’m getting sick of it

dollidahlia
dollidahlia Member Posts: 343
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

I’m getting so tired of people saying “well it’s not fun to go against so it should stay bad” or “delete it lol” (btw I’m talking about the twins). The twins is not in a good spot after that nerf she received and peoples justification to keeping twins in that state is because “she’s not fun to go against”???

well neither is BT, DS, 80 second gens, DEAD HARD, iron will, spine chill, ANY exhaustion perks, flashlights, keys, Claudette, god loops, pallets. All of these are not fun to go against. It’s not an excuse to nerf them

so stop using the “twins is not fun to against so delete her/don’t buff her” it’s annoying

Comments

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Okay?

• dollidahlia

You didn’t have to read it. all I’m saying is not to nerf something because it’s not fun or keep it in a bad state because it’s not fun

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I'm a twins hater, but that back to back nerf isn't what twins needed imo, what they needed is punish victor for missing after being kicked not giving victor some skate, and now dh counters him.

But still they are really not fun to play against, it is boring almost being bled out every single match against them.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
  • Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
  • MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

People still really complaining about claudette who's prestige got made to be a complete bright light actually insane.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

1st nerf was after you down someone with victor he has a 5 second cooldown to start pouncing again, basically down 1 survivor and then you get into this skates animation, as if you are walking on ice for 5 seconds, sometimes even after that animation you can be kicked, basically extremely limiting snowball potential imagine being stunned by DS every time you down a survivor with victor.

2nd nerf is dead hard now counters victor, before you could hit survivors using dead hard.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited September 2021

Is it weird that I actually like the Twins (I like their design, I laugh my arse off at little Vic), but they were not just unfun, but a misery to go against. Just down survivor. Place Victor by the hook. Camp, tunnel, slug.

So I'm conflicted. Love to see a hideous baby flying through the air, but the devs designed their power in a way that promotes a play style most people despise. Not sure about how they were nerfed though or how it affected players who main them, but apparently it was detrimental. I barely see the Twins anymore :( .

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Twins not in a good spot? They are completely fine right now. While those nerfs might not have been the right direction, they're still top tier and better than a majority of the killer roster, and can easily pubstomp a group of solo survivors (and if you're experienced, SWFs typically aren't a big problem either). And yeah people are allowed to complain about Twins because I agree their most effective playstyle encourages what the community considers "boring and unfun" (slugging and camping hook), it's ultimately a design flaw from the dev's part, not the fault of people who play Twins.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Claudette being thrown in made me laugh

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

I would loveeeeeee for twins to be removed.

Absolutely one of the worst chapters we've ever had.

I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. You can love them and I will continue to hate them with a burning passion.

• dollidahlia

You can hate them. But nothing should be deleted just because you don’t like it

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Can I get you to waste another 5 seconds? Which twin is more attractive?

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

Just a personal preference. I can wish for them to be deleted if I please.

It's not that deep.

I don't like them and would love to see them gone but I'm not campaigning for it. Chill.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I feel like my favorite part of this entire post is that nearly everything you listed (survivor side) that "aren't fun to go against" have already gotten nerfed, sometimes multiple times. And the twins are a problem because that killer's best bet to win is to engage in highly toxic camp n' tunnel. Game play that should not only NOT be promoted, should not have had a killer built around that strategy. Luckily they are not played often, so it isn't some overt issue.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2021

I don't know why but it made me chuckle to see Claudette in your list lol.

I've not even started levelling the twins yet, I hope sbmm shows mercy when I do.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

Twins have been ruined at this point. So many drawbacks for so little reward.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

Are the mods sleeping? What is with the harassment at the start of these threads tonight. It's an honest discussion about twins balance, and how people perceive the game.

If you don't have something nice to say, or have to do with the topic. Then move on.

This happens a lot actually, Killers getting back to back nerfs because it's "not fun to go against" while Survivors remain untouched because the Killers fun doesn't matter compared to the fun of 4 survivors.

• Jisp
    Jisp Member Posts: 13

I rather play against 4 full meta perks survivors than going against the twins when I'm survivor...

It is boring... Nobody wants to turn dbd on to be slugged for 5 minutes or camped with sleeping Charlotte while Viktor is roaming around just waiting for the unhook.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

The fact you listed Claudette as an issue is embarassing holy heck.

• Jisp
    Jisp Member Posts: 13

If Viktor was a bot and his purpose was to just scout and tell Charlotte where Survivors are it would be much more fun. Of course she would have some secondary power so she wouldnt be a m1

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

I was about to put my 2 cents in as a twins main who doesn't mind the nerfs but Claudette being thrown in there has me wheezing

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 670

unfortunately, this is the mindset of people who don't like things nowadays. if we don't like it, instead of trying to improve it, we straight up want nothing to do with it or try to get rid of it entirely. this is just something we have to learn to ignore or try to improve on on our own time.

as for the twins, i don't play the character enough to know what they were like before and after the nerfs, but i don't have issues playing against them as survivor once in a while. :'0

i agree though, things that people don't like shouldn't be nerfed or deleted, but rather just be improved where necessary and tweaked 'till its right.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Was hoping that Charlotte could throw Victor at survivors, or just at Claudettes as the OP doesn't like them