The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Guilt

SaboBoy
SaboBoy Member Posts: 32
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

I was playing a match today. Started working on gens, and our Jacob got downed after completing a generator. Kindred showed me that it was a Wraith, and that he was face camping the Jacob. I thought about saving him. Yet I kept working on gens. I saw our Nancy try to go for the save, but she couldn't reach him without dying. I managed to get four generators done, but unfortunately the Jacob died on hook. I then managed to open the exit gate, and all three of us escaped. I know what I did was right, but the Jacob we lost made me feel guilty.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Duke_Ragereaver
    Duke_Ragereaver Member Posts: 215

you did what you had to, even though he griefed you that jacob is stupid if he tried to do different for you.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

You did all good!

But who is Jacob? (I guess you mean Jake^^)

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

That was the correct play. Chances are the Jake struggled on hook for as long as possible hoping that you would do exactly what you did. Well played.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I mean... One of you could have hook traded and still had a massive lead and potentially a 4 man escape, assuming no NOED. But I guess it is better to be safe than sorry.

If he was actually mad about it, he could have killed himself on hook to more or less guarantee another one you was killed.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

You did the right thing. Altruism kills.

Sometimes it's best to cut the loss and move on.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

You did the right thing.

Players in such a situation don't want survivors to save them, to prevent the killer from getting a free kill.

I had the same guilt so many times and in most cases, only 2 escaped because we all tried to save each other.

It's not worth it.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

It's a tough call. You're splitting the difference between trying not to reward the camper and trying not to let one of the other players get forced out of the game without getting to do anything. I don't think either choice is wrong.