The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I feel like the lament configuration should be immune to perks

Msterflex
Msterflex Member Posts: 126
edited November 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

From the way they designed it you’re supposed to go after the survivor with box and if you can down him you’re rewarded with massive map pressure or if you can’t do that at least you get a assured chase. I feel like Franklins and Hoarder makes getting the box too easy and takes away that hard fought reward and also make it too difficult for survivors to stop the chain hunt. I say this as a new pinhead main

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2021

Without chain hunt this killer has zero map pressure. Survivors can also take the box to a position that is advantageous to them. His passive is the one good thing he has going for him and it's in the survivor's control.

It is very lucky if Pinhead finds the box himself. Lately I've been equipping range add ons and trying to interrupt the person solving the box. The chain hunt is my top priority when there are still gens to be fixed.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

It gives 2 niche perks some really good value and usage, just keep them in. Other Killers have perks that make their powers much more powerful. How many Killers can capitalize on MYC the way Hag can? Spirit with Stridor? Leave it in, its not that oppressive if you know how to play against Pinhead.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Why? Those perks kinda save him, and even then, he can't do anything if you open the box while he's hooking a survivor.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited September 2021

Hoarder is straight up nasty on pinhead, unlimited chain hunt. the survivors cant do anything when chain hunt is just repeated over and over again against hoarder. that about it I don't mind it working with franklins.

• EvilJoshy
    edited September 2021

I hope once this combo catches on they don't nerf it. Killer's can't have anything nice. I literally unlocked twins because I like playing as Pinhead. If they nerf it I will be upset. Though I didn't pay them real money for the twins. I used shards. They aren't worth dollars.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

No they cannot. If it’s fun or useful it gets poo’d on.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Viablw reason to run Franklin's for survivors who do not understand counter play? Better nerf it!

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167

Geez Pinhead is weak enough, they seriously don't need to nerf him further. Hoarder is one of the ways to make Pinhead at least a bit usable.

• EvilJoshy

Seriously was anyone using hoarder before pinhead? This is shaking things up. Would people rather go back to facing spirit, nurse, blight with ruin+undying+tinkerer?

• PapiKingley
    PapiKingley Member Posts: 46

That's what I'm saying it's like they want to keep going against the same killers with the same perk combo let him have this so that we can have some variety lol

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167

I... think I don't understand your answer. I literally said that:

• Pinhead is weak and they don't need to nerf him or Lament Configuration
    • Hoarder is strong with Pinhead and it's great
  • dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

this post is such ignorance .... lol. ive tped across the map too the box a few times survivor and no box to be seen pinhead is weak as anything in his current state. "from a pinhead main" not saying you arent but if you are a main then why the f would you want something taking away that gives you some help or an advantage when killer is a strugglefest at times as it is. i dont even have hoarder the box disappears anyway if they get interrupted after teleporting too them so what does franklins have to do with anything?

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

i know what a joke claiming to be a pinhead main the ######### lol makes no sense whatsoever

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Oh god I hope they don't change that. Hoarder is pretty much useless on every other killer, and I honestly fail to see how those perks are op on Pinhead. If you aren't stacking the two addons that slow the box solving down, you won't always get to survivors in time anyways. And even then it can still be close if the survivor detected by Hoarder was at the edge of the perk's range.

Franklin's is good, but once you get into a chase with the survivor holding the box, you might as well down them anyways. Which already then gives you the box. Franklin's has the upside that it's much easier and faster to get the box, but you also have to break chase to activate it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

I have not played this combo myself (I am prestiging Pinhead currently and I dont have the Perks), but currently I would not say that it is too strong. The Killer is dedicating half of their Perk Slots for that, there have always been Killers which benefit from certain Perks more than others.

And personally, those are two Perk Slots less used for Slowdown and I am always for Killers using different Perks than Slowdown-Perks.

• Msterflex

I don’t know I guess I play too causally. It just seems to me like the box is met to be taken from the survivors on occasion when you get lucky. I’ve seen games where it’s just impossible for them to stop the hunt with these two perks and felt bad for them. My perception is that these perks working with the lament configuration broke the killers intended design. But if what you guys are saying is true then I’ll use these perks guilt free lol

• Msterflex

In my experience the only map this killer struggles on is the really big map with the building in the middle because survivors can get a huge distance.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Sure, let's nerf the Franklins + Hoarder combo on Pinhead so his players can use two more slowdown perks.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    edited September 2021

Why on Earth would you ever put Franklin's on the Chainslinger? Pinhead needs the survivor to be holding the box when going down.

Hoarder, on the other hand, has great potential to be outright oppressive.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

I've seen gameplay of Pinhead with Hoarder and I'm honestly not sure if it's OP or not yet. Survivors may find reliable counterplay to it.

Right now, I'm just happy to see another forgotten perk get at least SOME use.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

To be fair, the size of all the large maps are an issue.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I personally find hoarders to be fair on him. You still don't get to know the box location, and you don't get to see where the survivors go with it. It at most gives you a couple seconds to try and stop them. Franklins could be a little much, but I am glad hoarders gets good use finally.

• EvilJoshy

I understood your answer I just phrased mine poorly. I should have put another space in my response. After I said "Did anyone use hoarder before pinhead?" I should have made a separate paragraph. Everything after that was meant to be addressed to the community.

This discussion has been closed.