Please Get Rid of SBMM

It’s not working properly. The old ranking system was flawed, but it was better than this. In the last 48 hours I’ve had too many players ragequitting early, screwing me and the remaining teammates over. The teammates I am getting are not on the same skill level as me, and appear to lack experience/game sense. They are suiciding on hook, ragequitting, hiding (intentionally not participating to help team) farming players off hook, failing to do other objectives, and intentionally sandbagging. I do not play like that. Then to add injury to insult, the killer is better than all of us (the equivalent to a Red Rank 2-4 from old system). It’s like the system throws me in with 3 inexperienced players for “balance,” and expects me to carry the team. That’s not fair. I’m being severely handicapped most times.

On the old system, I was a floating between Rank 5-4. I feel like the teammates I am currently getting have a play style of Ranks 8-13, based on the old ranking system. This is not good. I’m not great at the game, but I’m not as bad as the SBMM teammates I am paired with either. There’s a huge skill difference between us. There are others like me as well, who post their frustrations on this forum, Youtube, Reddit, & on the official DBD Twitter.

This is not about winning. I can take my losses with the best of them. But when I lose, I expect it to be because we were outplayed by the killer- not being both outplayed by the killer AND having inexperienced teammates with lower skill. The players I received before SBMM weren’t always perfect, but for the majority of the time- they were on the same skill level as me, and occasionally better. They would do objectives and help the team with strategized altruism. If we lost, that’s fine because it felt like we all did our best but the killer was just better. I would still have fun and reflect on what I personally could have done better. Fast forward to now, when I run bond and see teammates cowering in the corners instead of doing objectives, I come to the realization that it doesn’t matter how long I keep the killer in chase, my team is not going to do anything. It’s pointless. Do you know how disheartening that is?

@MandyTalk please let the Devs know there are players out there who have fell through the cracks for SBMM. I understand currently there are quite a few players who are having a good experience with it, but please don’t leave the rest of us behind. I have spent over $200 in all the DLC (except this latest one) & cosmetics. I’m seriously considering quitting this game, because I have the impression that SBMM is here to stay for good. TBH, I don’t have faith in “tweaking” the system either. I know that’s the plan and Devs are monitoring everything. I am not happy, and quite frustrated. I am seriously not having fun any more.

Comments

• Szakally
    Szakally Member Posts: 62

Like I said, SBMM will slowly kill this game. But this is a BHVR so no surprise