Holding The Game Hostage

Options
It is known that survivors dictate how the game goes and it is up to the killer (mostly) to capitalize on survivors actions to win. I was just in a game with 2 people holding the game hostage, one would try and get the hatch with the other sacrificed, but it went on for so long it was unbearable. Could there be a system where this could be prevented?

Comments

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    no
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    no

Well obviously with this amount of dedication and research, and after such a good argument was made we should trust this input.

correct and youre welcome
  • Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Maybe a timer. When the exit gates are open and only 1 survivor is left a 2 minute timer starts and if they don't escape in these 2 minutes they get sacrificed 
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I remember when the Devs talked about a concede option so that when the Exits/Hatch are available and a certain time has passed, you can end the game and keep everything you earned. They never talked about it again.

• aufovsky
    aufovsky Member Posts: 52
    Options

Survivor never take in game hostage when killer is not bming. Its normal, if ur dick killer who facecamps and destroy game prepare for looong game .

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:
    Maybe a timer. When the exit gates are open and only 1 survivor is left a 2 minute timer starts and if they don't escape in these 2 minutes they get sacrificed 

Powered? Or completely open? Also groups would still BM. Also it makes no sense in the lore. Just make a concede option.

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    Options

There's 3 ways to stop it...
    1) Let them hatch
    2) Run them out if by exit
    3) If hiding find them (Whispers) and run them out, also more than likely they'll hide near the exit

There's your fix.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    None of those are "fixes".
    1) Why should I throw a game just because a survivor thinks they deserve a free win?
    2) Yeah, you try and fine a lone survivor on these maps.
    3) Why should I run one perk for one specific incident?

Not throwing the game, either you killed the other 3 and already won, or vice versa and lost. Also, if they can freely escape anyway, you’re not throwing the game. Next point is true. Third point, well I’m always told the hatch close is fair, and if I want ANY chance to escape I ought to run left behind. Else the killer will patrol so fast he makes any action impossible, holding himself hostage. Perks SHOULD NEVER BE NEEDED.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I just think a concede option wouldn't be that difficult to implement. Let it kick in X minutes after an end game scenario kicks in (1 survivor left, last gen done, etc).

Or just make it a button.... or pause menu option.