Camping should be fixed…

Options
Danjaman
Danjaman Member Posts: 2
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, after playing game after game where the killer is bad and just camps their victims, I would really like developers to actually do something about it. The game mechanic is that the killer hunts the survivors, and the survivors work as a team to escape. When a survivor is hooked, their team works together to get them off. that’s the point of the game, and as a survivor, we lose points if we don’t do it.

The killer is not supposed to camp. They also lose points for their proximity to the hook. That’s the developers saying they should they shouldn’t do it. However, it keeps happening, and it’s rather frustrating as a survivor for the killer to be bad at the game, face-camp a survivor at the end, and then survivors lose points for being unable to safely unhook the victim.

Wouldn’t it be nice that if the killer is within the hook radius, the hook timer paused. Then the killer is welcome to stand there as long as they want, but the game continues. It just seems unfair that the survivors lost points when the kill chooses to camp and that the killer likely gets more points because they get more hits on the survivors attempting to rescue their teammate… like they are supposed to because of the game mechanics.

Comments

• Bravobro
    Bravobro Member Posts: 117
    edited September 2021
    Options

Sorry that dont Work. The Most Facecamp ist in the endgame collapse. And only Killer at the begining face Camp because they have No Idea what to do.If they are more experienced, they will not do that anymore. Or you really annoyed him a lot. Then you don't deserve it any other way.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

Well, first off, it doesn't say anywhere that the Killer isn't supposed to camp. Its not against the game's rules. Thats just how it is. And just because you loose bloodpoints for doing it doesn't mean anything.

Think about this, if survivors losing points for being unable to save someone because of camping is unfair, then isn't it also unfair that a Killer can lose bloodpoints for intercepting survivors who are trying to rob him of his/her objective?

Second, if the hook timer stopped when they camped, you would just die in egc anyway. And you still got camped. Sure the Killer was loosing all control of the game just to get that one sacrifice, so they're losing a ton of points anyway. Really, as the camping "victim" and I use that term very loosely, you're doing your team a service by keeping the Killer off gens.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

The way to fix it is for the hooked survivor to remain there as long as possible, too many dc allowing the next victim to be camped.

The second part is, if you are being camped, survivors do gens. A lot of them right now decide to hook bomb and stay downed near the hook. Two camps in one. Worse still hook bombing the basement camper, seen this far too many times.

Kindred needs to be basekit for this very reason.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

There is nothing to fix.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options

The only thing I could think of that could fix this is if Deliverance is reworked. Where they remove the Survivor rescue aspect requirement of the perk and build it as a stand-alone perk.

Example to change it:

The longer a player hears the terror radius of the killer while hooked. The player gains a token. If they gain X amount of tokens. They can unhook themself and the Deep Wound Status effect is applied with a 20 second required time before they are put into the Dying State.

If the player is in the struggle phase, the struggle meter is paused and tokens are gained. After X amount of tokens are gained. They can unhook themself and the Deep Wound Status effect is applied with a 20 second required time before they are put into the Dying State.

Don't get me wrong. Borrowed time is nice. But it is only strong if the other person using it knows what they are doing. Otherwise they most often do more harm than good and it becomes a situation where they are hook farming their team mate(s).

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,118
    Options

The killer loses points in emblems for survivors healing. I wouldn't take emblem point loss to mean "x isn't intended".

The killer can defend hooks from survivors trying to rescue their friend. Camping isn't an issue that needs to be "fixed".

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

It's a mechanic just like everything else. I think it's fine as is, but I'd like to see survivors getting camped gain BP for it so they don't leave empty-handed. I'd be fine with killers getting more BP for hatch escapes too to balance it out.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

The Last two posts I read, "Camping should be fixed" "Body blocking should be banned"

SMH

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Camping isn't a problem, it's a situation that your teammates have to overcome. Nobody should be complaining from the campee position as it's their own failures that led to being placed in that predicament to begin with.

• SabunoHakia
    SabunoHakia Member Posts: 465
    Options

Staying in 5-8 meters of hook for 15 seconds extends the hook time substantially then if no movement or distance from 5-8 meters for over 10 seconds causes point lost up to a single pip and no further. There problem solved but never gonna happen. Camaraderie was to fix it but seems it can only happen once ironic they added a perk to deal with it then nerfed it if I recall seeing a while back.

• SabunoHakia
    SabunoHakia Member Posts: 465
    Options

New players do it with literally no play time or knowledge and a team if new or perkless in the way of fighting back it becomes impossible unless SWF. An still doesn't promote better killers in the future just crap until they quit the game.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

If they don't know how, eventually they learn. A solo squad can pull together for a camp save, even without the counter perks. If they play with friends then should be even easier. Plenty of youtube and twitch pros they can watch if it really stumps them.

I think free agency for killer is the best means of player retention in the long run. Killers excel in different areas and its up to the player to discover their best means of using each one. If someone never moves past a camping skill set, then they become completely reliant on survivors to feed them that success.

Either the killer adapts with better plays or survivors surpass becoming the weak link that allows camping to bring down the team. Worst case is one or both sides trap themselves in sbmm where their play styles are successful.

• Kaimick
    Kaimick Member Posts: 24
    Options

The counter to this is simple

DO GENS problem solved you can do three gens before they die and about 25% to 50% of a 4th. By that time the killer then needs to find, hunt, and down a new person before you finish the 5th gen, and even if he gets him you got the door open and 2 people get out.

the other solution is become a better looper