What are you doing when you know your team has lost?

TicTac
TicTac Member Posts: 2,404

I think we all know this kind of matches. Someone is dead on 4 gens or maybe he even dcs at first killer contact. Sometimes two survivor are dead and you cant finish all gens anymore.

Most of the time i still sit on gens, try to get a unhook and a good chase, but i see people giving up or even hiding until the killer gives up. Before mmr i knew what to do, to get a pip even while dying, survive a long time (10min), 2 unhooks, good chases and 2 gens)

So whats your plan in this situation? Did MMR change anything? Do you try to survive as long as possible, in the off chance that its better for your mmr like the old survival-emblem?

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

search chest for keys while i can so if i cant find hatch before them i have options.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,142

I carry on as normal, but will watch out for the hatch, so I know where to head to when things go wrong.

However, it's always worth fighting until the end because anything can happen. I still remember an epic trial many months back where we were down to 2 survivors with 3 gens to go, yet despite the killer being determined go for a 4k, we both managed to escape via the gate. Granted, that's a rarity. But what a trial!

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Killer brought Red Mori. Mori 2 already, 2 Gen left. Then I thought the game was over. I find totem, chest for BP. TR coming, I saw Killer started to chase Meg. So I do Gen, just for BP, because there was no hope.

And I finished 2 Gen, open a gate and lead her out. 2 escape. That was at least 200sec chase...

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Do totems, look for hatch, try and plunder a key. Worst case scenario I wait for the Killer to close hatch so I can get a cheeky escape waiting at the door.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I just continue to play the game whether that is doing gens, being chased, etc. I don't run around looking for a key - would rather do something that gets me bloodpoints. if I get hooked I struggle to hopefully give the other survivor time to find hatch.

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253
    edited September 2021

Depends on the match. If my teammates have been on gens all game but are bad in chase, I feel confident enough in myself to run and find the killer and go on a decent chase while the other survivor is (hopefully) doing a gen or two.

If my teammates are total potatoes but I have already had one or two good chases, I start memeing. I just had a game tonight where none of my teammates were doing gens or doing well in chase. When everyone was on death hook, I had done the only two gens that had been completed, had two hook saves, got another survivor to escape killer's grasp with Breakout, got Mettle of Man to proc, got 4 WGLF stacks, went on a 90 second chase, and had only been hooked once. So I offered the Nemesis my medkit, searched a chest, found another medkit, offered him that one, and he let me escape through hatch.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886
    edited September 2021

I often run Kindred/BT/WGLF for this exact reason, it has become an anti-tilt build for me, because I can always at least secure some BPs.

Never cared for pips after I've hit Rank 1 for the first time and I care for them even less now.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Either suicide on hook or finish archive challenge

• TicTac

I wouldnt say pips were really important for me, bc i always reached rank 1, but i still preferred a pip over a depip. Now with MMR i want to do everything to get good teammates next match.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

The fact one would always end up hitting Rank 1 with enough time is what demotivated me. Well, that and the fact I struggle with a stupidly competitive mindset, which is something I need to keep in mind, because the second I begin to care about personal performance, pips, ratings, is when all fun stops for me and DbD really isn't built for that with all the RNG and general nature of SoloQ when playing survivor.

How are your games so far, do you feel as though your personal performance impacts the quality of your MMR and thus teammates?

• TicTac

I thought it was balanced, then rank reset happened and i got suddenly bad teammates again. I normally like to be competitive, but i never cared for it while playing survivor. You depend too much on your teammates.

Now i will test some new information about mmr and hope i get better teammates again.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743

Eh I'll just play a lot more recklessly while listening to some music. If the game is already a near lost cause, then playing greedily/recklessly will either get me into another game quicker (good outcome) or pay off and suddenly I've bought enough time somehow for our team to swing the pressure back and clutch a win (good outcome).

That happened yesterday, actually, when going for Adept Steve. I was one of the few to run him for very long so he didn't want to chase me (twas Haddonhell, I'm so sorry Pinhead). So Babysitter let my teammates sneak away as I got his attention by playing very recklessly only for him to leave, have no clue where anyone was, and then ignored me which allowed me to do 2 gens solo and we all got out after I took a hit for David.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

I'm still trying, at least to get as many points as i can.

And sometimes (rarely) it ends up with 2 or 3 escapes.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Farm enough to get a safety pip and then make the killer work hard trying to catch me.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I just go on to play.

Usually I try to find a Key in the basement or any other chest and if that is not possible I will try to get as many BP as possible. Also I try out some fun stuff that would get my team killed otherwise like practising Flashlight and so on (I suck at those). Or just do some bones for extra BP or use the Killers mechanic to farm a bit...

And over all relax.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Obviously every scenario is a bit different but I'm always trying to escape. Could be looking for the hatch, setting up an exit gate escape, etc.

Just because the team has lost doesn't mean there isn't a win out there for me.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 555

I'll always try to play to the end regardless of situation or which side of the game i'm playing (far too many killers pack up & go sulk somewhere when losing too)

The only real exception is if i'm the last survivor on death hook & the killer has hit 3 mori kills i'll let them mori me even if I know where the hatch is.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Try to spawn the Hatch and find it so that if I survive, I know where to bail

• EXPERIMENTONGOD
    EXPERIMENTONGOD Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2021

When that happens I just try to maximize points.

Open chests and complete gens for Objective Points (or just 99% them if only two survivors left and the killer is not busy).

Unhook and heal for Altruism points.

Totems and (eventually) chases for Boldness points.

And finally, if you're lucky, get a hatch escape for another 5k points in the Survival Category.

So basically play normally unless there's only two survivors left, in which case don't heal under the hook or complete gens or you're pretty much dead.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Developing a backup plan around the hatch and hoping for the best.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

One other I thought of was leading the killer to the other survivor who simply refuses to do anything but hide in the corner of the map. Nothing is more annoying than a corner camper who just gives up after 1 or 2 sacrifices regardless of Gens or anything else.

But oh boy does it feel good to find the hatch with a key and nope out of there leaving them all alone with the killer. I always watch those EGC and pray they get slugged to a bleed out.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Farming my MMR in the basement til the end of end game collapse.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

As a Killer I prioritize Chaser and Gatekeeper/Deviousness, mostly just prolonging the trial so I can make it worth my time. If I can tell I'm losing, I'll be more focused on seeing what I can learn from a match than on a specific goal.

As a Survivor my only real goal is Benevolent/Altruism - safe unhooks, heals, and hopefully proper altruism by getting a teammate out the door - I'm more than happy to sacrifice myself so someone else gets out via door or hatch. Gens and totems are more means to that end than real goals of mine, so not much changes when losing.

• TicTac
    edited September 2021

I remember when i always tried to get over 10 minutes for max rift progression. Honestly i dont want to do it again, but good teammates make this game so much better.

• Look for the hatch. If I can't find it, then I start praying.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I still try to finish the gens and escape. There was a match that I played that a person DC'd at the start cause it's a spirit. Thankfully the other 2 were really good so we all 3 escaped. Ever since then I always try to escape. The only time I give up is when I see literally no one doing anything when I'm on the hook.