Length of DC Penalties Should Be Increased

PhantomChimera
PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Apparently the existing time frames are not adequate to curb this. This morning(in the past hour) I have had two survivors D/C right after being hooked. The five and 15 minute are fine. I occasionally have a disconnect. It's the repeat offenders that need to have it longer. Once it hit's 15 minutes have it increment quicker if they keep disconnecting and increase the maximum to 72 hours.

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

They should give a penalty to rage quitters aswell.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

People will still DC. Salt and rage will always trump rationality. Stop thinking this will work unless it's like an hour long, which in turn will punish victims of this game's shortcomings more than the little turds it's made for. And most of them will just suicide on hook or sabotage the game if they can't DC as a form of lashing out.

Your idea is bad and you can still do the fun part of the game (chasing) with dc's. Only killers that play like absolutely wastemen and survivors that love to hold M1 care this much about the DC penalty.

• PhantomChimera
    edited September 2021

The game has had issues with crashing in the past however it isn't happening that often at the moment. Especially to warrant having a penalty above 15 minutes. I crash occasionally. Just yesterday once and had to wait the five minutes which is not a big deal. T

heir was a storm where I live a couple of weeks ago that kept knocking out my internet for short periods of time. Once it got to 15 I just stopped playing until the storm was over. I don't think I have ever been above 15 minutes.

• PhantomChimera
    edited September 2021

Yea I re worded my original post. I have the random disconnects and the 5 to 15 is fine. It is after that it should be increased. If someone is disconnecting so often they are getting above 15 they are either doing it on purpose or are having issues with their connection that they should address before playing again.

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    edited September 2021

And i'm still getting penalized from getting disconnected from the host.....

• PhantomChimera
    edited September 2021

I haven't gotten the disconnected from host issue in a couple of days. Even when was while in matches with the Cenonite I never got penalized for disconnecting from the host error.

• Gitamish0
    Gitamish0 Member Posts: 26

Unfortunately the game itself still has issues with crashing and such, so solutions are kind of limited until those are worked out.

I do absolutely think at the very least it should be able to tell when someone has actively opened the menu and pressed "leave match", and that should come with very harsh penalities. I also think the game should track WHEN the DC happens. Like if someone "just so happens" to disconnect immediatley after they get downed by the killer, after another survivor DCs, or if just the timing of the DC is sus with the timing of a particular occurance in the trial in general.

Another cool thing would be to SIGNIFICANTLY increase the quitter bonus everyone else in the trial recieves when someone DCs. A lot of survivor mains even on this forum admit that they'll DC as an F U to the Killer, so it'd be neat to turn that middle finger into a great treat for everyone who continues to play the game anyway. Of course, set some restrictions on that so that it doesn't get abused as a get BP quick method. Like obviously make it so that any players who are in a swf with the player(s) who DC don't recieve any BP from it.

Regardless, the DCs have been out of control in my experience, particularly on the survivor side. It's annoying as a killer about to pick up the first survivor I just so happen to down in the match just for them to immediatley DC, even more so if I'm one of the Survivor teammates and the rest of us are just doomed and left to suffer. More should also be done about those helping killers and/or immediatley suiciding on hook, because I'm starting to run into that bs pretty often too. Toxic survivor mains just have it way too easy in general right now and the little slaps on their wrists clearly aren't doing enough, doesn't help that they seem to be the main ones on this forum crying to the devs about this and that all the time too.

• Gitamish0
    Gitamish0 Member Posts: 26

Nah, you missed pretty badly with that last point. People want more done about DCs because it has become so frequent and it's very hard to even enjoy the game properly with all of this happening like 30 seconds into every other trial. As Killer all it really does for me is take away a lot of the intended challenge, and as Survivor well good luck trying to have fun playing a match where 2 people need to finish the remaining 4 gens on their own.