Dead by Daylight has a Cheater Problem

PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

hey,

let's see what we have.... As if you don't have enough to do with legacy hackers already: Speedhacks, teleporthacks, stunhacks, insta gen poped hacks and many many other more. (I am tired of having to open new support tickets over and over again) Since the SBMM it has become much more and i feel like cheating is becoming more and more popular here. Seriously though, what makes you cheat in a game like Dead by Daylight? This is really pathetic... In Call of Duty Vanguard, ( another Game ) among other things, a "new Anticheat method" will be used. One speaks of so-called "hardware bans". I find this technology very interesting and I'm only talking about PC platform Steam now. I don't want to know what's going on on the other platforms. Is something like this also possible in DBD? I would welcome something like that in any case. How do you see the whole thing at the moment ? Would you also find something like this good ?

regards

Comments

• PNgamer

yes I play since 2016 and have already experienced and seen a lot. I can only agree

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,002
    edited September 2021

I very rarely go against Cheaters but when I do it's always so apparent what's happening. I went against a Clown yesterday who I'm convinced was cheating as he always knew where everyone was. I had Kindred equipped so it was really easy to see what was happening. As soon as he hooked or downed someone he would beeline straight for someone else who wouldn't have been readily visible if close or too far away to know where they were.

I thought initially he may have the perk that lets you see all survivors for 4 seconds once one is hooked and changed my playstyle to match bit he still was able to come straight to me from the other side of the map even though I didn't run, so no hatch marks, and was hidden by multiple things so no direct line sight.

Once I was sacrificed I had a look and lo and behold: No perks equipped and no offerings given for hexes. No one is that good naturally.

• Every online game has a cheater problem

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

They have prevented them. Problem is, hackers gonna hack. There's always a way in to keep doing what they're doing.

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309

Oh really? We still have people hacking movement- and action speeds, flying, self hooking etc. These have been ignored for years! The variety only ever increased with new added mechanics (like 5 minute headon stuns and kicking animation from victor).

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Yeah.... which proves my point? Did you not read what I wrote?

• FengisKawaii

You said they prevented them when clearly, they have not.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Survival bias. You only see the ones that make it through, not the ones that failed.

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

Had a game as pig against a jake running no mither, every time I chase him he infinite dead hard across the map, I picked him up from a gen and couldn’t hook or drop him. This is why I turn off cross play on my Xbox

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

*nervously laughs in Team Fortress 2*

but yeah, cheaters have gotten a lot more common, especially on high MMR games

• PNgamer

its not only on high MMR, also nobody knows what a high mmr is. Dont forget Grades have nothing to do with MMR, but this is another topic. Fact is: Cheater´s are a big Problem atm.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

"Hidden by multiple things"

So... do you think getting behind a wall hides your aura or something?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

We know but the higher ups don't care because people keep playing the game even with the cheating issue.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259
    edited September 2021

They haven't been ignored those people get banned but the problem is it's probably not their real account that they're using and it's so easy to make a new account , if you're hacking you're gonna have everything immediately anyway so there's really nothing they're losing by doing it , there is no way for BHVR to stop that its more on easy anti cheat than it is BHVR because that's supposed to detect the files and prevent the game from loading it up

Edit: I would also like to point out that by never using their main accounts and constantly using backups they don't have to buy the game over and over because they can literally use file sharing on steam and only the account hacking is gonna be banned , I watched a guy Livestream hacks the other day for like 6 hours he got banned on one account and immediately logged in the other and kept streaming

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

cheaters are going to win a vast majority of their games, which means its only natural for MMR to rank them among the most skilled players.

you are right though, they do have to start somewhere.

high MMR is just where they are eventually end up in, which means there are going to be a lot more cheaters present up there than on lower levels, given that the whole aspect of "lose a game to lower your MMR and get matched more fairly" doesnt apply to them in a good 95% of their games.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

What you mean it has a cheater problem? DbD is the cheat.

• FengisKawaii

I didnt mean the cheaters themselves, per se. I know they get banned eventually after months or years of constantly getting reported.

But the fact that speed hacking and all the other stuff that was around a couple years ago is still used today leaves only two conclusions: Either they are ignored or the devs are literally incapable of handling them. Both options are pretty sad imo.

• PNgamer

That's all well and good, but it can't be a standard platform now.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

They also are no longer subtle about it as they used to be. Before you only caught the hackers when you were chasing them, and checked your clock (because who doesn't play with a clock that shows right down to milliseconds while playing Dead by Daylight) to see that they were running faster than they should have been, and even sometimes turning the speed buff on and off during the chase.

Now it's just every like 12th game you got a Survivor that is instant healing survivors, instant completing gens when the game doesn't go their way, or instantly preparing head on, and flying ghost face using a hatchet firing minigun.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I believe Steams policy is if a family shared game gets ban it also gets ban on the main account.

• The_Krapper

They should have a system that autodetects things in game like for example if you just immediately keep popping up after being downed the game should be able to detect nobody used for the people and it was impossible to get up that fast and there's no bug causing it then autoban for the obvious cheating

• The_Krapper

Well I didn't know about that, that's the only way I could think of that they could just keep getting away with it

• LinkToReality
    LinkToReality Member Posts: 115

I have personally only encountered 1 obvious cheater in over 500 hours of play, and I've seen one in a streamer's lobby once.

Highly doubt the issue is as bad as some want to make it seem.

• The_Krapper

I don't know there are alot more than there used to be and quiet a few have been streaming it trying to sell the hacks more , there was a post the other day with a twitch link and that guy was continually cheating with a mod menu to do whatever he wanted and he got banned on twitch but not the game and had a backup account waiting to stream more on it was ridiculous

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

They need to do something about this asap.

• LinkToReality
    LinkToReality Member Posts: 115

Well, knowing how anti-cheat systems work, they're likely constantly working on it, usually they log people for a long time before they roll out the real update to block the hacks/cheats. Then they ban them all in a wave.

But, also knowing how things work from the other side, the people developing the hacks constantly work on new workarounds and can often roll them out soon after the current system breaks what they had before. It's basically always a tug of war between the anti cheat system and the cheat makers.

Demanding a cure all that will stop the cheats forever is a naïve dream sadly.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Once you were sacrified was the whole game over. It doesnt reveal killer perks offerings or addons unti the game is over and they are back in the lobby too.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I had a Clown the other day that found everyone no matter where they were without any sort of tracking. I was found first even though I started behind rock where there's no way he would seen me but he went right around to where I was - I figured must've had leathap pursuer or whispers to think to circle THAT exact rock. When I was hooked he went directly at my teammate working on a totem not near a gen and quickly downed them. Thought maybe BBQ? This finding people with no issue was the whole match. When I was spectating the last survivor they were behind a rock finishing healing in corner of map when clown closed hatch on other side. They weren't near a door but somehow clown knew to go check that corner instead if checking the doors after closing hatch. His load out didn't have anything to help with tracking survivors - no lethal pursuer, no whispers, no BBQ, no nurses, etc.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,247

It's a huge issue and it's affecting my ability to enjoy the game. I'm running into hackers a few times per day now on both sides. And I know BHVR does absolutely nothing about it because half the time they talk openly about it in postgame chat.

• PNgamer

So you know that BHVR does nothing yes ? I will gladly teach you better. Of course, they do something, but not to the extent that I would like to see.

• PNgamer

again caught a few new ones. This time a whole squad. Grade Bronze 4...Cowshed map. Game was over in 3 min. no toolboxes. I had among others Discordance and Tinkerer at the start. Both not activated. Gens popped one after the other... Survived with under 10k escape...says it all I guess. The internet is full of such Insta gen cheats or hacks or whatever. Soon I'll just upload a video. You'll have to watch it. Becomes more and more pathetic

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

theres a LOT of cheaters.. asd thing is there are people who have been cheating for months and they dont get banned.. hell if you are good cheater you can even unban yourself...

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

The cheaters must be more concentrated in the high MMR bracket because I saw a lot more after SBMM went into effect. It makes you wonder how many others are using slight run speed hacks that aren’t as noticeable. I played a whole match with a hacker and didn’t realize it until the end. Tons of people could be running wall hacks and slight buffs that we will never know. Too bad there is nothing in place to do anything about this.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't BHVR say at some point that one of the things on their 'to-do' list for the future was to look more closely into some of the cheating/griefing reports, etc? As in, there might perhaps be a threshold of reports for whatever that, once crossed, would prompt BHVR to start taking a closer look at the player being reported? Seems like something that would be pretty resource-intensive, but I could have sworn they mentioned it.

• Potassium
    Potassium Applicant Posts: 49

In other news the sky is blue.

DBD's anticheat makes single player games blush

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

I just had a match against an INVISIBLE hacker. Obviously a survivor who made himself the killer cause the game had 2. A Nemesis and a invisible Trickster. Not even his name showed up in the game at all.

How are you supposed to report that?

• Kill4thrillz
    Kill4thrillz Member Posts: 11

I have seen dozens. What I really want to know is why dbd won't use hardware bans like other games are going to. Systems have unique serial numbers, and software can too. Ban them with that and making new accounts no longer cuts it. I would like to know what Behaviors excuse for not going to hardware bans, which are the most obvious solution and deterrant. Obviously with time and money spoofs coule be done but it would be considerably more effective than their current joke of an anticheat and ban system.

• PNgamer

well hardware bans are new stuff. That´s why i think

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

Seeing and facing more and more cheaters. At least 1 or2 everyday in like 2 to 3h of gaming.

Sad that BHVR does nothing about it and doesn't communicate about it at all.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

In three years I have seen only like 4-5 cheaters but just this week alone I seen 3 cheaters lmao.

• Maphusail
    Maphusail Member Posts: 41

Playing against cheaters is frustrating. I usually see people teleporting from the killer when he gets close. Luckily this problem isn't so common yet, because the majority doesn't cheat.

• Nagh
    Nagh Member Posts: 2

Yes, real problem is. That lately is WAY TOO MANY cheaters in the game. If you play on highrank (highmmr) you will encounter them at least every few hours of your game play. And it looks like number of cheaters grows rapidly.

• PNgamer
    edited September 2021

nobody knows what high and low mmr are... that's up front, only BHVR knows. What is just stupid, are always the tickets with video evidence and so on. In my opinion, BHVR should completely revise the reporting system.

• PNgamer
    edited October 2021

i forget that ....most cheaters are in High MMR that´s true @Nagh

Post edited by PNgamer on