Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are survivors toxic towards killers?

graveyard_7777
graveyard_7777 Member Posts: 269
edited August 22 in General Discussions

I've been noticing that survivors are always more toxic towards killers. I've been playing dbd since Ghostface came out. I play both Survivor and Killer.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Because there are 4 survivors and only 1killer there's a much higher chance to see a toxic survivor than killer but they are out there.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Stop throwing word toxic for no reason thank you

• panaku
    panaku Member Posts: 23

cause they think they are good from holding m1 and just loop you so that you have hard time getting them wild the othe do is job... no need skill when you swf

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Here we go again...

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Because survivors have literally everything to bully killer. There are lots of maps that are loop into loop into loop, there are perks that help survivors even if they play like potatoes and it's a 4v1 game where they feel their dominant position. Also there are people with [Bad word] mentality who think it's fun.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

They watched too much Tom and Jerry they started emulating that little rat.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

The reason is that surv are not afraid of killers anymore with their SWF comms,god pallets and stupid safe zones.Reduce the god pallets and safe zones and you wont see more t baggers.

• justbecause

All of those aren't toxic? Annoying? Yes indeed toxic nope the only toxic thing in this game are words and what u say in endgame chat those can be pretty nasty but I'm not offended by butt dance and shake head like on nirvana concert

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

Because they're the power role, and some decide to abuse that and become bullies.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538
    edited September 2021

Perhaps you just notice more toxic survivors than toxic killers due to confirmation bias. I've seen plenty of both.

I must say though, in all my time playing I have only ever had killers go through the effort of messaging me toxic bullshit post game (I'm on xbox). Never the other way around... and I'm a Twins main lol

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Another survivor vs killer post great.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I mean... It probably has more to do with the 4 survivors, 1 killer thing. I see plenty of BM survivors as killer, can't really see a BM killer when I am the killer. As a survivor? Still run into those clowns. They still send me angry messages.

Like, I notice if a killer hits me on hook or something, right? I can't exactly look anywhere else. Kind of stuck. Confirmation bias isn't clouding my vision. Rofl.

Now maybe I have a bias because I do not even know what a killer can do to be toxic besides hit me on hook. Clown can toss bottles at slugs, I guess? Barely ever play against him. To be fair, last time I did he treated me fine and when he killed me, I went to spectate and he was bleeding these two Steve to death. Kind of weird he didn't treat me funky, and then he goes full toxic on these 2. I suspect they probably did something to deserve it? But what do I know.

That could be another factor, usually I leave once I am dead. But if I am curious about perks, I stick around and see a lot more toxicity that I otherwise would. Someone else said it earlier, there just isn't time to be toxic during the match. During the end though? I guess that is where they let it all out. But that isn't confirmation bias on anyone's part so much as they literally weren't witness to the behavior.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

Yeah it's more likely the survivors outnumbering killers 4 to 1 thing, I think as well I have cloudy vision because though I encounter plenty of toxic survivors I don't get nearly as frustrated with them like I do when I run into it as a survivor myself. And I don't mean just general BM like hitting on hook or nodding, I don't really consider that toxic its amusing lol, the thing that springs to mind for me is these 3 specific occasions where my team and I were slugged by a nurse then the nurse just stands there nodding while we all bled out to death and that was the whole match. And then copped rude messages afterwards. GOD I get so annoyed thinking about those games!

Whereas when survivors are toxic to me I either get to kill them or if that fails I just hide in the basement while they t bag at the exits haha, so I guess I feel less disempowered and effected by survivor toxicity than I do killer toxicity

• justbecause

Well they can act stupid and try to get someone mad but I think people need to grow thicker skin and not be offended by game mechanic that might not be intended but it's in game I think toxic ppl are only ones who trash talk and insult in endgame chat

• Maphusail
    Maphusail Member Posts: 41

Survivor's toxicity level quickly decreases when you do - 4 and do it fast. There's literally a dead chat after such a result. Yes, they still can wrtie you some toxic comments but it all looks pathetic.

On the contrary, if you play fair (don't tunnel, facecamp, slug, no noed etc), they gonna teabag you, flashlight and write 'ez noob' after the match.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

The amount of "killer good survivor bad" replies in this thread are quite embarrassing. These forums have a problem with people who are on the killer side and their victim complex.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
  • Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

Wait....nodding to a downed survivor is considered toxic/BM now? I nod to downed survivors to try and let them know that I'm gonna give them hatch...

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I think the responses this thread is getting is your proof enough. The community is toxic, and support doesn't care enough to stop it.

• Introvertedvet
    Introvertedvet Member Posts: 47

Are you talking in match or out of match?

Some Killers ask for it by face camping.

Some survivors do it just because they went up against a more experienced, or better killer.

Some survivors do it just because that are 10 year olds (or acting like they are)

Now, toxic players in match can be a good strategy to tick the killers off, and as a killer main, this rarely bothers me as the more they harass me the fewer gens get done giving me more time. The longer the game goes on the better the odds of me nailing all 4 of them to their perspective hook for the last time. If I have a good time I will normally allow the last one through the hatch or exit as long as it was not the toxic one(s).

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

###### ### ## 🤬🤬‼️

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

both sides are toxic. Although I feel like survivors tend to be more.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Because PvP.

I don't need to play long sessions of Dark Souls PvP to get toxic messages either.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

On my experiencie (playing since release), there are toxic players on both sides but...in general, killers tend to be toxic as a reaction for survivor's behaviour.

Like some killers are toxic since the beginning but...you know which survivors I tunnel/camp more? the ones that t-bag, flashlight click and all that stuff.

So yeah both sides are toxic but most toxicity is born on survivor side, and the killer just get poisoned.

Anyways DbD allows some people to play the bully role that they maybe would like to play in real life. Pointing the one that is different (the killer), mock him, destroy others hapiness. It's in humans DNA.

This discussion has been closed.