PSA: Stop healing each other when someone is being chased late game

I'm seeing this a lot in solo queue when there are 1 or 2 gens left and it's a really bad habit players have. The killer has zero gen pressure when they are chasing another player. Players are healing each other while the killer is chasing another player, and then trying to start gens again when the killer hooks the player they were chasing and is able to patrol. This makes no sense.

The only time you are going to have to work on gens late game is when the killer is occupied by another player in a chase. I don't understand why players are spending 32 seconds to heal each other only to get injured right away on a 10% gen they could nearly have finished if they had just started it in the first place. It's better to work on the gen and then immerse away from the gen to heal each other once the chased player is downed. Jump in lockers if you're that concerned about BBQ. Teams rarely ever finish the last gen in a 3v1 because they get stuck in a constant cycle of healing and never touching the last gen because they spend the entirety of late game healing each other and never touching a gen.

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

My favorite is when there's one gen left, you're on the last gen, and they're teabagging right next to you for 30 seconds begging for a heal.

They obviously have some hidden mechanic where they cant touch or leave the Exit Gate unless they're Healthy.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

That ties in with survivors unable to exit the map without the killer watching them do so.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2021

Isn't it best to heal so that, if or when, that survivor is hooked there is another fully healed member to loop again. The survivors may get the gen to 50% then the killer uses pop. A healthy survivor can then loop him, hopefully, for the remaining 75% or get a less risky save on the hooked person.

What I don't understand are the people who t bag to be healed when Devour hope is active. No, look for the totem you fool lol.

I understand healing, unless you have iron will, is better as it makes you quieter but if you're one shot down, fix the problem first.

From a killer perspective, heal away. As many times as possible, even if I'm camping the hook during egc with noed or infinite tier 3 myers lol.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Especially if you haven’t been hooked all match. I get teammates who are desperate to heal me and I’ve not yet been hooked, I’d really rather just commit to the gen.

But on the reverse side, survivors who don’t heal when they’re death hook but instead do something like group up in the killer’s terror radius and work on an unsafe gen annoys me too. If it’s an M1 killer or they’ve proven they can’t last in a chase, anyway. Let someone who isn’t almost dead take the heat, please, and you play it a little bit safer.

• PyramidFootLicker
    PyramidFootLicker Member Posts: 106

I'd rather not have someone next to me moaning and bleeding everywhere and drawing the killer to us or close to me when we're about to work on the last gen tbh. Unless there's sloppy or we're exposed then we healing up and sticking together to rush those last few gens if the killer is occupied.

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

Not healing is not genrushing. Genrushing woukd be ignoring everything and everyone else to focus on gens. Ie leaving teammates to die.

Healing is often just unessesaary.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,561

I mean, someone on full health can body-block, trade hooks, have a longer chase, can survive an ambush, etc. Someone that’s injured cannot.

It’s game-sense you’re after here, not…not healing.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited September 2021

The tactic your suggesting is unsound for several reasons. The killer can break off at anytime. The survivor being chased might accidently lead the killer to the others or might get tired of chasing the one survivor. The cons significantly out way the pros of your idea.

Healing should be the priority if at all possible. No matter how many generators are done. Does little good having all the generators done if you can't escape after being hit just once. You get no burst of speed since you are not healthy. You just fall right where you are.

Healing frequently means the difference between escaping and being sacrificed. Even cleaning totems should take precedence over generators. That's a different discussion however.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited September 2021

Yes, why don't we all just rush gens instead? That's always so fun for everyone and causes absolutely no issues whatsoever.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Those are the logical next steps in this line of thought.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

A lot of people do this and it costs a lot of possible escapes for at least 1 or 2 players. Most survivor players seem to lack experience or just lack common sense to just push gens over doing other things that aren't necessary in the moment.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

You always fully heal each other you don't know if that killer will commit to chase that long or check gens easier to get the injured person over someone healthy then hook next to your gens ... watch both the gen and hook

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Yeah, healing is unnecessary... sure...

Not meaning to be overly snarky or anything but I think it comes down to game awareness more than the action itself. I was only a couple seconds away from being fully healed, and I know I can't communicate that effectively but it still sucked that she didn't touch me for at least one second to see I was near full health. And yeah, I could have played that better, but it still sucks when something like this happens. It's not the first time that if we had been a little more altruistic then the outcome would have been better.

I personally prioritize healing over generators (in proper situations) because I would rather not have me or my teammates run around exposed while the Killer has clearer priorities, i.e. only three gens left to patrol. I'd rather be able to take a hit and bodyblock for my teammates than get the generator done a little faster and be one hit away from a faceplant.

I literally just played a game yesterday where no one would heal me because they were too busy with generators (I was chased by the Huntress most of the match, didn't go down though), and I ended up being unable to take a hit for my teammate and they went down outside the exit gate and I got forced out. Instead of making a flat statement, telling people to not help out their teammates in an endgame scenario, maybe encourage analyzing the situation and making better calls based on game knowledge and situational awareness.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

The game is designed so that you have competing priorities at any given time and part of the fun of playing survivor, IMO, is that you never know what your teammates are going to choose. You just have to watch what they're doing and try to roll with it.

There's a case you can make for sitting on the gens injured, and there are cases you can make for healing first, and it really depends on a lot of factors, including the play style of individual survivors. I get that it's frustrating when people don't do what you want them to do, but, unless they're sandbagging on purpose, they're probably doing their best.

• wxnickxw

You did see how I stated often unnecessary not always unnecessary

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Well, I was replying to OP, so no I wasn't exactly paying attention to your comment... sorry 😛

But even then I would say it always depends on the situation. In all my games, I can't make a definite statement on it being unnecessary or necessary. I would honestly say however that I've found it to be more necessary than not.

• wxnickxw

So you woukd say it's unesseary at times which is what I said

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

You are really going to use that clueless/selfish Feng as an example? Like, any decent solo player would've healed you after that gen popped. You were smart with finishing that gen before you wanted a heal. You couldn't have known she would do that.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,140

Purely dependent on the situation. Sometimes it's better to bash the gen out and other times healing has saved a lot of survivors.

As for me, I've seen many people who haven't healed fall victim to killers, so it's just as likely this tactic mentioned in your psa has cost as many losses as wins.

Tip for survivors: assess every situation as a constantly changing task and work on best judgement. One problem doesn't fix all.

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186

My policy on this is simple:

Let the hurt person decide if they want heals or not.

Since this is a cooperative game (for survivors at least), we should try to make sure all our team mates are having fun. And since the hurt player is the one currently at a disadvantage, and at a risk of getting tunneled (which isn't fun), we could just be good team mates and let that person decide whether they want to get back on a generator or get heals first.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

This is not a good PSA because whether it's a good move or not is entirely dependent on the specifics of that game - how many survivors are left, the hook states everyone is on, the killer you are versing etc.

I've done some pretty ugly snowballs as a killer in the middle of seemingly losing a match all because 1 or 2 people didn't heal themselves up when they had the chance, I realise this and capitalise on it

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    edited September 2021

I had someone heal on EGC in FRONT of me when it's about to end and the killer was far away forcing survivor out the gate. Makes me want to DC out of frustration lol

Self care is legit a harmful drug and should be banned :^)

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

People heal with devour hope to make less noise. While healed, you make no noise. What I don't get is when people want to heal me when I've got Iron Will, Dead Hard, and Devour Hope is up. I guess they just don't realize I've got Iron Will.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

I'm an autodidact user, I heal anything that moves, as on average it takes me less than 8 seconds to fully heal someone, often faster (We'll Make It is for scrubs).

So get off your dang high salty horse and let me feed on the altruism points, you filthy Meghead!

#AutodidactMasterRace

But in all honestly, healing times are subjective. Sometimes it is better to focus on heals other times is to push gens.

• EXPERIMENTONGOD
    EXPERIMENTONGOD Member Posts: 36

People tend to run around like headless chickens when they're injured even it there's only 1 gen left and each gen is on one corner of the map. Worst when you're behind them chasing them for half the map trying to heal them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,208

If it's a choice between slamming gens or constantly trying to heal and never touching the last gen, yes, survivors should try to actually win.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Yes, don't heal when there are 2-1 gens, I love to not have my power to instantly have it and 4 man slug because of greedy people.

-Signed by a Oni main

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

So that person didn't risk them going down with you and you're blaming them. The irony is people like you often say this stuff in situations where self care probly would have saved you in the first place.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Lmao I risked my life saving him in the basement and again there is zero risk. Killer is away from my body. Keep trying to justify your awesome perk made garbage by people over relying on it.