Endgame Solution

On occasion you run into situations where survivors have completed all the generators and have both exit gates open, but prefer to waste the killers time by not leaving. I think I've come up with a solution that is fair for everyone. When the following two conditions are met, a 90 second countdown timer begins that is visible to all players.
1. All generators are done.
2. No survivors are hooked.

At the end of the 90 second countdown timer, the killer can see the aura of all survivors. If the killer puts a survivor on a hook then the effect ends and the countdown timer is reset. 90 seconds is more than enough time to leave after the generators are completed. But if a survivor is hooked, the other survivors can attempt a rescue as normal. Thoughts?

Comments

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    I think it would just be better to have a concede button that only works if at least one exit gates is open, no one is in the dying state or hooked and it has been at least 60-90 seconds since those conditions have been met. The survivors don't get an escape bonus if the match is conceded because if these conditions are met, it's likely the game is a already won and survivors are prolonging the game intentionally.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

@shadowsfall42 said:
    I think it would just be better to have a concede button that only works if at least one exit gates is open, no one is in the dying state or hooked and it has been at least 60-90 seconds since those conditions have been met. The survivors don't get an escape bonus if the match is conceded because if these conditions are met, it's likely the game is a already won and survivors are prolonging the game intentionally.

I would be okay with a concede button for the killer, but obviously if the killer is throwing in the towel then the survivors deserve their bloodpoints. Your idea feels like it could be abused by the killer just hoping to bone the survivors out of their hard won bloodpoints. For example, the killer could down a survivor but refuse to hook hoping to bait the survivors into waiting past the concede time just to screw them over. I like my idea better honestly. It forces a conclusion to the match without unjustly punishing anyone.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201

@shadowsfall42 said:

I would be okay with a concede button for the killer, but obviously if the killer is throwing in the towel then the survivors deserve their bloodpoints. Your idea feels like it could be abused by the killer just hoping to bone the survivors out of their hard won bloodpoints. For example, the killer could down a survivor but refuse to hook hoping to bait the survivors into waiting past the concede time just to screw them over. I like my idea better honestly. It forces a conclusion to the match without unjustly punishing anyone.

I don't think you read my post correctly. The only bloodpoints they miss out on is the escape bonus. They still get the BP they earned throughout the game. If they want the escape bonus they should get out before the killer concedes. And concede only comes into effect if there is no hooked or downed survivors for 60-90 seconds, and downing or hooking resets the time before concede is available again and it only starts up again if the conditions are met again. You can't slug someone and wait for the concede, it's only available to prevent situations like survivors not leaving when they are perfectly capable of doing so but arent because they want to spite the killer and hold the game hostage.
  • Dreamnomad

@shadowsfall42 said:
    Dreamnomad said:

@shadowsfall42 said:

I don't think you read my post correctly. The only bloodpoints they miss out on is the escape bonus. They still get the BP they earned throughout the game. If they want the escape bonus they should get out before the killer concedes. And concede only comes into effect if there is no hooked or downed survivors for 60-90 seconds, and downing or hooking resets the time before concede is available again and it only starts up again if the conditions are met again. You can't slug someone and wait for the concede, it's only available to prevent situations like survivors not leaving when they are perfectly capable of doing so but arent because they want to spite the killer and hold the game hostage.

The escape bonus is 5000 blood points. That is not insignificant. If the survivors finished 5 gens and powered the exit gate then they earned those points. If the killer doesn't want to waste time after the game has reached this point and a concede option is available, I'm fine with that. But under absolutely no circumstances should the killer be able to deny survivors bloodpoints because he/she doesn't feel like playing anymore. That's not okay.

Games that just abruptly end feel unnatural and dissatisfying. That's why I prefer the option that I initially suggested. If the killer can see all the survivors auras then that game should end quite quickly from that point shouldn't it? And it would end the way that games in DBD should end. With the survivors either dead or escaped.

• Dreamnomad

No one else wants to discuss solutions to the end game? This is something that effects us all.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited October 2018

You want to see survivors get out quick? (From a survivor main - I play killer 40% right now)

After gens are done and door is opened:
    1 - 90 seconds (no hooked players) the killer can see all auras
    2 - All survivors suffer form exposed
    3 - Hooked players are immediately sacrificed - no chance to get off the hook or be saved (just like 3rd hook)
    4 - Decisive Strike is disabled
    5 - Killer's blind resistance is increased by 90%
    6 - Survivor is stunned for 3 seconds after being downed and will be moved 3 meters away from exit - therefore standing at the exit will not save you.

Survivors will get the f out in a hurry.

• Dreamnomad

Lol, that seems extreme to me. If I can see their auras then I can either push them out or kill them fast enough. Survivors deserve an opportunity to make hook rescue attempts.

• Warlock_2020

Yes, but most of the survivors we are talking about are the toxic ones that just want to taunt and teabag the killer. Better to discourage their behavior by overpowering them. Again, I play survivor mostly, but I don't live to torture the killer. I play to have fun, and work to "win", not always by surviving, but by earning a pip and helping the team. So, I am all for survivor chances, but I have played killer enough (topped at rank 10) to see how toxic and ridiculous survivors can be.

Especially SWFs with a rank 17 and three rank 2s vs a rank 13. Not fun at all.

• Dreamnomad

If a survivor wants to make a run to the basement to grab an item from the chest before they leave, they don't deserve to be one shotted and insta killed on hook. I don't mind chasing around survivors. Hell, it's what I live for. But I don't find it amusing when a survivor creeps around locker to locker to waste my time. That's all I'm asking for here. A reasonable amount of time for survivors to get their business done before they are revealed so I can either kill or push them out.

• Warlock_2020

It does not take 2 minutes to do that though. It takes many a minute to a minute and a half. Most of them will do it while others are opening gates. After the gates are opened, it is time to get out. If you are hanging out and trying to taunt the killer, then the killer needs to be given tools to eliminate the harassment.

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

@Dreamnomad said:
    On occasion you run into situations where survivors have completed all the generators and have both exit gates open, but prefer to waste the killers time by not leaving. I think I've come up with a solution that is fair for everyone. When the following two conditions are met, a 90 second countdown timer begins that is visible to all players.
    1. All generators are done.
    2. No survivors are hooked.

At the end of the 90 second countdown timer, the killer can see the aura of all survivors. If the killer puts a survivor on a hook then the effect ends and the countdown timer is reset. 90 seconds is more than enough time to leave after the generators are completed. But if a survivor is hooked, the other survivors can attempt a rescue as normal. Thoughts?

Wow, this is nice! I like! :chuffed: