Hag buff??

Options
I feel the hag needs a buff already. For example maybe her traps should already have collision? To use an add on that hinders her ability seems kind of pointless to me. She has so much more potential...

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options

For the love of god almighty please tell me this is bait.

Well she is D tier apparantly.
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

You've played in coldwind farm not putting traps ?

• Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250
    Options
    #bait
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

As has been said, this HAS to be bait.

Hag is great.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

She's strong as hell. Joint second with Spirit what are you talking about? She could use 50m teleporting distance for her base but that's not even important.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    Options

@Poweas said:
    She's strong as hell. Joint second with Spirit what are you talking about? She could use 50m teleporting distance for her base but that's not even important.

She's in a good spot but joint second? no.

Billy and Nurse at least are above the hag.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@GraviteaUK said:

@Poweas said:

She's in a good spot but joint second? no.

Billy and Nurse at least are above the hag.

Nurse yes. Billy hell naw. I don't know how people think he's stronger then Hag or Spirit. Spirit has NO counterplay at all and can end chases in under 10 seconds if ur good. And Hag can fly across the map, injure a whole team in under 10 seconds, have shorter chases then Billy, mindgame MUCH better then Billy and she can shut down any loop. I put Billy third for those reasons since he's so easy to loop. Sure he can end a chase very quickly and pressure the gens amazingly but he's not stronger. He's way more fun then Hag though.

• sadmuffins13
    sadmuffins13 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    To everyone who thought this was bait no this is not. Just me expressing my opinion. The hag is so much fun to play with but against a good team can have trouble. 
  • sadmuffins13
    Options

Why would i create something to bait people? I created this disscussion to see others opinions. An clearly you posted this to be funny but instead added nothing to the discussion. So unless you have something to add keep that toxic behavior away from me. 
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

She’s definitely not D-Tier, don’t listen to certain YouTubers who won’t be mentioned.

She’s definitely A-Tier right below Nurse and Billy.
  • Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Options
    To everyone who thought this was bait no this is not. Just me expressing my opinion. The hag is so much fun to play with but against a good team can have trouble. 
    That’s true for everyone. A very good group of survivors can take down tough killers if their cards are played right. 

Hag is in a fantastic spot. Perhaps you need to change your play style or perk selection? How well do you generally do? What are you having trouble with? “Good groups” don’t tell us much... there are enough of us killer and hag mains to give pointers. Just saying “good group beat me buff hag plz” won’t get you anything but flak.
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Star99er said:
    The_Crusader said:

Theluckyboi said:

She’s definitely not D-Tier, don’t listen to certain YouTubers who won’t be mentioned.

"I don't know how to play her so she is D-Tier. I am right and everyone else is wrong." and then proceeds to argue with people in the comment section. - The unnamed YouTuber

Post edited by GodDamn_Angela on
  • sadmuffins13
    edited December 2018
    Options
    That’s true for everyone. A very good group of survivors can take down tough killers if their cards are played right. 

Hag is in a fantastic spot. Perhaps you need to change your play style or perk selection? How well do you generally do? What are you having trouble with? “Good groups” don’t tell us much... there are enough of us killer and hag mains to give pointers. Just saying “good group beat me buff hag plz” won’t get you anything but flak.
    I never said a good group beat me so buff hag please... I can take my loss. I just felt with all the buffs and debuffs going on maybe the hag could use a little adjustments. I try switch up my perks to see what works. My playstyle depends on the killer im using. With hag i know what im doing. I rank up no problem. I know my loops and all about 360s . i just want her traps to have collision already .
  • sadmuffins13
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Hag main here.
    No, she is in a really good spot and doesn't need a buff at all. She might have just a few good addons, but she doesn't need them to do well tbh.
    What are your favorite add ons to use on her?
  • FujinRaijin
    FujinRaijin Member Posts: 72
    Options

Hag is INSANELY powerful if you know what you're doing:
    Most Hags I see just start chasing turboearly for no reason, you NEED to set up your web and shouldnt have more than 2 or 3 traps at hand at any given them.
    -If you find a surv early, pretend to chase them while setting up your web.
    -Do not chase outside of your web.
    -I like to put traps around places with no pallets, but still where survs tend to run to get free hits.
    -TP to a trap even if you're chasing.
    -If youre chasing a surv into a trap, spam the teleport key so you can teleport and smack them instantly
    -After teleporting and not in direct hit range, run for about 0.5 seconds so you can lunge.
    -Don't trap gens, waste of time
    -Learn to use the camera distortion effect:
    I like to trap shack for example in a way where 1 trap is NEXT to the door on the outside, so the surv crashes into the wall, and I put the inside-trap either right next to the basement stairs, sometimes survs fall in there, or next to the window so they don't get a fast vault.

My favourite perks: Nurse's, STBFL, Knockout and MaA
    Other good perks: Sloppy, Rancor, Agitation, Haunted Grounds, Enduring and Make Your Choice come to mind.
    I dont recommend using Ruin, as it usually doesn't spawn into favorable positions to web around of.

Add-ons: Best are Dried Cicada and Cracked Turtle Egg and the yellow variants of those, the necklets are good too since you can set your web faster.
    Don't use any of the purples or ultra-rares, they don't do much outside of camping.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Hag main here.
    No, she is in a really good spot and doesn't need a buff at all. She might have just a few good addons, but she doesn't need them to do well tbh.
    Mint rag is fun, but i usually use bloodied mud and dried cicada.
  • sadmuffins13
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Hag main here.
    I use the dried cicada alot to. I actually enjoy the pussy willow just for the aura reading. 
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    OP has seen Tydes video and wants more buffs. I mean, you could do more and get her second best. Going to be hard to beat Billy map pressure
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Hag main here.
    I use the dried cicada alot to. I actually enjoy the pussy willow just for the aura reading. 
    I always use Range and Phantasm duration.
  • Seclusion
    Seclusion Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hag is in a good spot right now and can be really good if you play her correctly. Not saying there is wrong play-style going on but I think Hag is exceptionally good as of now.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    I dunno, Hag is currently my pocket Killer that I can always rely on if I'm having a bad day....least until I get certain maps where framerate goes to Hell,,but all in all, Hag is in a great spot imo
  • BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Hag is a great killer definitely does not need a buff. 
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

I don't play killer often, but when I do I play hag, there is nothing more satisfying than playing a Monitor and Abuse hag with the darkest cosmetic she has.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Hag main here.

The hag is a good killer, but not fun to play against or to play as.
    You constantly have to break chases and is especially good in defending hooks.

But her potential of downing is fairly low.

• Vietfox
    Options
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:
    Hag main here.

@mcNuggets
     Well, it's fun for me to play as her.
    - The only reason why i break chases is because survivors are working on a gen that i don't want to be finished.
    - Well, i always run MYC with her so if they unhook someone i go for the rescuer. It's easy to catch them because usually either they trigger the traps or they crouch and can't go very far. Flashlights are a great counter, but you can always bring FD.
    - Her potential of downing survivors is certainly not low. Loops are inexistent when the area is trapped already and one of my favourite mind games is when you put a trap on one side of the pallet, they trigger it and quickly go to the other side of the pallet and drop it expecting you to teleport, but you won't teleport >:)
  • The_Crusader
    Options
    Star99er said:

Haha I know she's strong. I was making fun of you-know-who.

I see a lot of people claim she's not fun to play though. Not sure why I think she's fun. I perdonally find Billy boring.
  • The_Crusader
    Options
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:
    Hag main here.

She's really not fun to play against when they camp.Especially a basement camp. I'd take LF over her.

That's why I try not to do that when I use her. I'll trap the basement, the survivor will trigger the trap and run off. Then they'll go back after a little while and crouch walk all the way down to the hook. This slows them down so much that I don't even need to camp, I'll probably be chasing/downing someone else while this is happening. If I can't find anyone then I'll teleport when they're on the way out and get the unhooker instead because I know shes far too strong when it comes to camping/tunneling.
  • GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited December 2018
    Options

Before the changes she IS weak, but now, she's..incredible now! Even she's not as good as Nurse or Hillbilly, she's still one of the top tier killers in the game! She can stop the loop pretty easily, as she can place her traps insanely fast, allowing the Survivors to step on it or forcing them to ran into another loop. Yeah, flashlight and crouching Do can avoid her traps, but without Urban Evasion/Streetwise, this wasted them a lot of time and wasted the charges of their flashlight

So she doesn't really need buffs!

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Haha I know she's strong. I was making fun of you-know-who.

I see a lot of people claim she's not fun to play though. Not sure why I think she's fun. I perdonally find Billy boring.
    Same thing here!  Before I made the jump from Survivor to Killer (still play Survivor just not as much as Killer) I didn't want to play Hag because she made my games as Survivor stressful, with teammates always messing up xD. So it was a weird vindictive thing

But caved in and eventually gave her a go....first few games were 3-4k xD I was like:

Hag is easily top fav of mine because she can still mess up Survivors fairly well!

Just need better cosmetics for her, something Demonic would be awesome tho.

And agree, Hillbilly is my least fav Killer overall, just something about him doesn't feel fun enough for me.  
  • SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

Is that a 2016 post ?

• sadmuffins13
    Options
    Im honestly surprised with the amount of people who play hag and said she is in a good spot.  Its honestly refreshing to see people enjoy the hag. I dont go againsts her often. An i dont see people using her cosmetics when i do. The photosynthesis outfit is amazing def worth the money imo. But ill just say this one more time. Collsion with teleport??? I needs it lol. Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions. Happy holidays!!
  • mcNuggets
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:

Hag main here.

@mcNuggets

• The only reason why i break chases is because survivors are working on a gen that i don't want to be finished.
    • Well, i always run MYC with her so if they unhook someone i go for the rescuer. It's easy to catch them because usually either they trigger the traps or they crouch and can't go very far. Flashlights are a great counter, but you can always bring FD.
    • Her potential of downing survivors is certainly not low. Loops are inexistent when the area is trapped already and one of my favourite mind games is when you put a trap on one side of the pallet, they trigger it and quickly go to the other side of the pallet and drop it expecting you to teleport, but you won't teleport >:)

Her potential of downing survivors is especially low, because of her speed.
    I mained her a while back and I disliked the style she had to be played in order to get a 3k-4k on rank 1 against viable survivors.

You have to place traps and if a map has for example 20-25 loop spots, you can trap 10, but not another.
    So there is a 50% chance when someone goes to a loop, they trigger a trap.
    If you place down all of your traps, atleast 2 gens could pop in that time.

You need 3 traps for a good survivor to go down. (Because of second chance perks)
    If you manage to catch them off guard, on a loop etc., they ain't decent survivors or they allowed you to hit them, because they made a mistake.

I played a lot of devastating rounds with her, but I dislike the playstyle of her very much, because a lot of "camping" is involved and you can't let yourself get into long chases, which is the most fun of the game for me.

viable survivors:
    She has potential, but only if she downs a survivor within the first 2 minutes, otherwise 3 gens will pop and even if she manages to get a down, the other two pop immediatly after that.

• Vietfox
    edited December 2018
    Options
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:

Hag main here.

@mcNuggets

• The only reason why i break chases is because survivors are working on a gen that i don't want to be finished.
    • Well, i always run MYC with her so if they unhook someone i go for the rescuer. It's easy to catch them because usually either they trigger the traps or they crouch and can't go very far. Flashlights are a great counter, but you can always bring FD.
    • Her potential of downing survivors is certainly not low. Loops are inexistent when the area is trapped already and one of my favourite mind games is when you put a trap on one side of the pallet, they trigger it and quickly go to the other side of the pallet and drop it expecting you to teleport, but you won't teleport >:)

I mained her a while back and I disliked the style she had to be played in order to get a 3k-4k on rank 1 against viable survivors.

You have to place traps and if a map has for example 20-25 loop spots, you can trap 10, but not another.

You need 3 traps for a good survivor to go down. (Because of second chance perks)
    If you manage to catch them off guard, on a loop etc., they ain't decent survivors or they allowed you to hit them, because they made a mistake.

I played a lot of devastating rounds with her, but I dislike the playstyle of her very much, because a lot of "camping" is involved and you can't let yourself get into long chases, which is the most fun of the game for me.

viable survivors:
    She has potential, but only if she downs a survivor within the first 2 minutes, otherwise 3 gens will pop and even if she manages to get a down, the other two pop immediatly after that.

@mcNuggets
    You can say you dislike her playstyle, but not that her potential of downing survivors is low.
    She's slow for a very good reason, and no, the Hag doesn't involve "camping". Whoever needs to camp with the Hag doesn't know how to use her.
    Edit: 10 traps are more than enough if you play the 3 gen strat.
  • mcNuggets
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:

mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:

Hag main here.

@mcNuggets 

* The only reason why i break chases is because survivors are working on a gen that i don't want to be finished.
    * Well, i always run MYC with her so if they unhook someone i go for the rescuer. It's easy to catch them because usually either they trigger the traps or they crouch and can't go very far. Flashlights are a great counter, but you can always bring FD.
    * Her potential of downing survivors is certainly not low. Loops are inexistent when the area is trapped already and one of my favourite mind games is when you put a trap on one side of the pallet, they trigger it and quickly go to the other side of the pallet and drop it expecting you to teleport, but you won't teleport >:)

viable survivors:

@mcNuggets
    You can say you dislike her playstyle, but not that her potential of downing survivors is low.
    She's slow for a very good reason, and no, the Hag doesn't involve "camping". Whoever needs to camp with the Hag doesn't know how to use her.

I dont know if you played against a good team in your whole dbd playthrough, but a good team can dominate her well.
    In order for her traps to even function, she needs to PLACE them down, which needs time, allowing 3 generators do be done, because no survivor is chased this time.
    Efficient survivors will just end the round with 1 kill for her, if she camps.

The hag is a good killer, but shes not top tier.
    I can get my swf right now and we can have a friendly competitive match and I promise you, you won't get a kill at all.

• Vietfox
    Options
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:

mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:

Hag main here.

@mcNuggets 

* The only reason why i break chases is because survivors are working on a gen that i don't want to be finished.
    * Well, i always run MYC with her so if they unhook someone i go for the rescuer. It's easy to catch them because usually either they trigger the traps or they crouch and can't go very far. Flashlights are a great counter, but you can always bring FD.
    * Her potential of downing survivors is certainly not low. Loops are inexistent when the area is trapped already and one of my favourite mind games is when you put a trap on one side of the pallet, they trigger it and quickly go to the other side of the pallet and drop it expecting you to teleport, but you won't teleport >:)

viable survivors:

@mcNuggets

I dont know if you played against a good team in your whole dbd playthrough, but a good team can dominate her well.
    In order for her traps to even function, she needs to PLACE them down, which needs time, allowing 3 generators do be done, because no survivor is chased this time.

I can get my swf right now and we can have a friendly competitive match and I promise you, you won't get a kill at all.

@mcNuggets
    Are you on ps4? My name is Vietfox87
    You'll have to wait after NYE cause i'm not at home currently.
  • mcNuggets
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:

mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said:

mcNuggets said:

@Vietfox said: Hag main here. No, she is in a really good spot and doesn't need a buff at all. She might have just a few good addons, but she doesn't need them to do well tbh. The hag is a good killer, but not fun to play against or to play as. You constantly have to break chases and is especially good in defending hooks. But her potential of downing is fairly low. @mcNuggets

viable survivors:

@mcNuggets

@mcNuggets
    Are you on ps4? My name is Vietfox87
    You'll have to wait after NYE cause i'm not at home currently.

I'm on pc, so that's a problem.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

@sadmuffins13 said:

TBH, I am sincerely glad that said this, and used those EXACT words. ALL killers should have trouble against a good team, just not so much as to always be losing. The nurse is an exception that will one day be equalized to that of other killers.

The only thing that I would ever consider changing is the base speed of killers below 115% run speed, by increasing those speeds by 2% across the board, but only if that would not be too powerful in itself. If you know how to truly play Hag, you should be averaging ~3 kills per match. If you are below that, then you need to rethink your strategies.