The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is de-mmring viable?

Cos like I would not want to verse a good squad as a slowdownless pig.

I would love to verse them as Twins or Slinger, just not ya know, someone like Trickster and Pig where the chances of me having fun are literally 0. Especially on busted maps.

Thing is that I don't know if de-mmring is "unethical". Mainly because there's a bit of a grey area whether killers have separate MMR.

So if I de-mmr on pig, I don't want slinger on low mmr as well.

Has anyone tested this?

Comments

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

Define de-mmr, because if you mean like AFKing multiple matches in a row to lower it I believe that's bannable.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Getting 4 BBQ stacks, getting max chase, objective, and devioussness, then meming with the survivors.

TBF I do have more fun parkoring onto cars than actually playing the game.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

One of the strong killer streamers I watch talked about burnout from MMR on a recent stream and how he has been sitting afk face to the wall for a bunch of games off stream in an effort to lower his rating. Not sure how effective it’s been. Some of his games still look a little tough.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

No its not. Especially when killer queue time is what it is, not worth

• DeadByDedicated
    DeadByDedicated Member Posts: 134

The "separate MMR" thing probably just means that your killers will just have similar MMR to the others. This probably means that if your MMR changes for one killer, it changes for all of them. This would be to prevent a 3,000 hour player who's playing a fresh killer from going against people playing their first match.

If you de-MMR on pig, your slinger will probably also go down, even if they have different MMRs. I would much rather meme around though than have to go against people trying their absolute hardest to win.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Your MMR will also effect other killers like if oyu demmr as pig you will lose slinger and twins mmr.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You have to lose some games. But you would already be doing that with Pig.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I wouldn't afk, I do not trust tat method. BBQ stacks and then just chasing around and slugging? It works.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

Oof...I don't think he should've admitted that on stream 👀

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited September 2021

I'd just play like normal, but play without add ons or use meme perks. Lull the MMR into a false sense of security. Then when you're really needing to win pop on meta perks and ultra rare add ons and fulfill your mission. (This is the method I use.)

You could impose challenges on yourself. Like a hit and run strategy without downing anyone. See if you can find each survivor after they heal up and injure them again. If a survivor starts following you because he thinks you're farming do a 360 (VERY IMPORTANT) and put him into the dying state.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Id much rather them add in Unranked play so you can test stuff and practice without worry about your skill or rank

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If you think sweaty ######### won't go into unranked to bully casuals, think again.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Im not saying they wont but maybe unranked wouldnt allow teams who knows its just an idea i had

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

I think it has to be over longer period. Even doing it 10 matches in a row is not very noticeable.