RPD - DBD's dumbest map

Options
VikingWilson
VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

To hell with that damn map, it's absolutely ridiculous and not conducive whatsoever for DBD's gameplay.

Enjoy your free win, I'm not playing it.

Comments

• killer998
    killer998 Member Posts: 100
    Options

God I seem to have found a salt deposit so large it will cover us in the 3000s

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    edited September 2021
    Options

HAHAHA indeed, it's true. Nothing but salt for it.

There really is no wonder why..

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220
    Options

I like the map

• stormy_
    stormy_ Member Posts: 208
    Options

me to ;(

been playing like a month now ! no RPD map

i really missed it .. its so easy for survivors.. its like a break of streak losses

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

So actual fixes I would recommend splitting the map in two from east wing and west wing. The center remains the same and then after we do the bare minimum of making this map playable we can actually looks at the pallets and vaults.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

I, for one, like the map as killer and survivor.

• Exult
    Exult Member Posts: 101
    Options

Yeah I really enjoy it too. It's exactly what you'd expect a big indoor map to feel like.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

The map is just atrociously annoying. I enjoy it neither as killer or survivor. Too big; gens, pallets, and hooks spread out far too much, and it has bad performance.

As survivor I will play it out, just to not doom my teamamtes, but as killer I am really tempted to just go AFK for the rest of the match.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,004
    Options

Theres evidence theyre planning to split it into three maps somehow, but its not confirmed.

• killer998
    killer998 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Needs Mr X walking around the map alongside the normal killer, that would spice it up and freak people out. 😂😂

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

What narrow corridors gimps ranged killers). Massive area with an inability to track gen progress and weakening further low mobility killers. Its all style no substance. There is no clever outplay or cutting off survivors the map wasn't built for dbd. They should stop doing license maps if they insist on adding maps that don't play to dbd's strengths as a game. Claustrophobic environments like narrow hallways are terrible.

• babydemoboi
    babydemoboi Member Posts: 23
    Options

hawkins is worse in my opinion

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I like the map too :(

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,802
    Options

Besides it being disabled again I actually haven't gotten the map since the start of August

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

I don't agree. I like actually RPD lmao

• Exult
    Exult Member Posts: 101
    Options

I understand why it's frustrating, and someone can say it's the most killer or survivor sided map, but it's just a map I have fun on. I played the game so that helps, and I've seen either side perform well on it too. If you know the layout I think you can do well on it.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

Apparently it's Survivor heaven for infinites and safety pallets well I don't know where the hell is that and I'm even seeing parts of the map that I've never seen lol.

Even if it's a free win for assuming a killer or a survivor I don't want it. unfun map.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

The Raccoon City map is plate of hickory smoked buttocks. It's terrible.

I've said it before but I'm 100% serious when I say I would be pleased if it got removed.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

I think it's almost entirely dependent on the killer whether this is a breeze or a nightmare for survivors. Those narrow corridors severely help killers like Demogorgon and Twins, yet the sharp turns are cripping for killers like Huntress or Trickster. Stealth killers have their natural indoor advantage, while mobility killers are crippled like usual. Nemesis is right at home here since his zombies in those corridors are utterly brutal.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options

Yeah honestly RPD is the worst map so far, and I thought BHVR couldn't get any worse than with Hawkins, ha.

In all seriousness though, did BHVR even playtest it before releasing the chapter? I would think they play a few matches with every killer to see how a map feels before releasing it to the public, so who the ######### played RPD as a killer and thought "Yes, this is fine" its honestly incomprehensible for me.

Hillbilly, Nurse, Huntress, Demogorgon, Oni, Deathslinger, Trickster and Blight (unless you're literally a god blight player) are incredibly affected by the layout of the map. That's over 1/4 of the killer roster that can't properly perform on that map. And if that weren't enough, literally every other killer is also affected just by the size of the map itself.

I will never understand how BHVR could green light a map like this. Like, I knew they don't play their game, but this was such a confirmation

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited September 2021
    Options

This map is everything that makes a bad map in DBD bad. They ignored absolutely everything all in the name of making a cool, amazing replica of a RE map. Yes, amazing job, but you sacrificed gameplay for that and people dislike it.

Stop making bad maps. Stop not listening to the community and start creating maps that are actually good gameplay wise for both sides. Not massive maps or maps with a dozen safe pallets. It's not fun. It sucks.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I've played it 5 times and I still like it. Yes its bad for many killers, but I like the atmosphere of it. If hallways were foggier it would be even better

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

I agree with the rest, but Demogorgon is strong on this map. His portals have plenty of blind spots to sneak up on survivors during undetectable. His pounce is garunteed in corridors cause they're so narrow. His ability to see heartbeats is incredibly useful on a map where hiding is a lot easier than normal. And unlike most mobility killers, his map traversal isn't brutally gutted by the map layout.

• Introvertedvet
    Introvertedvet Member Posts: 47
    Options

I agree! I hate terminating a match but I do when I gen on this map. Unplayable!

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,743
    Options

I really like the map, like whats the problem?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Cant blame you. I hate to repeat myself so i appreciate you do the job for me ;)

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

I HATE this map. I have only played it as killer but I can’t imagine it’s fun for survivor either. I was playing Blight with Tinkerer but I can’t get to the gen before it pops because it’s down a 20 corridor maze. It’s so hard to follow scratch marks because of all the turns a survivor can take. There were also no hooks in the library area so I couldn’t even hook 2 survivors I had downed. And if I DC to get away from the awful map I get penalized so I’m stuck playing it. It’s not fun, it’s not fair, it’s not good.

Is it cool looking? Sure, but for a map in this game? It doesn’t work. Please devs disable it and fix it.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

yep its a ridiculous map but what can you do. i hate it. stupid ######### long winding corridors etc spending half of the time wandering around to find a gen etc lol

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

get the [BAD ASS WORD] key and start locking doors omg i can't w/ u 👹

• razberrypizza
    razberrypizza Member Posts: 132
    Options

Its not even dbd's map, they ripped it straight from re2 with minor changes