Which addons should be nerfed in your opinion?

TicTac
TicTac Member Posts: 2,406
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

I just want to know which addons (survivor/killer) would you nerf. If you want you can add why and how. The reason doesnt need to be that they are too strong.

My list:

Survivor: BNP (Toolbox), Styptic (Medkit)

Killer: Mother Daughter Ring (Spirit), Tombstone piece (Myers), Tampered timer (Pig), Pinky Finger (Clown), Engineers Fang (Cenobite)

Comments

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    edited September 2021

I try not to play Wraith because I feel cheap and disrespectful to survivors when I do (I'm serious, that's how far it's come) so I don't know how much of his kit is base and how much of it is add-ons, perks and everything else. All I know is that I don't feel that he should be invisible, AND super fast while invisible, AND be able to see where everyone and everything is while invisible, AND be able to go in and out of invisibility within the span of two seconds, AND do it in complete silence, AND have a super lunge every time he does, AND be able to use all of the above with absolutely no cooldown or compensatory punishment whatsoever. I'm surprised that they haven't just taken him to his logical conclusion and given him a gun yet.

Er, I mean, "he's fine, he's barely C-tier. I'm just mad because I can't "bully him anymore".

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Survivor: Gel Dressing, Anti-Hemorrhage, and Weaved Ring.

Gel Dressing: You literally get a full heal with one addon.

Anti-Hemorrhage: Once again you get a full heal even though the med-kit can have one charge left.

Weaved Ring: An addon that removes the risk of losing your key from dying.

Killer: Alchemist RIng, Scalped Topknot, Tampered Timer, Mother-Daughter Ring, Tombstone Piece, Flowered Babushka, and Wooden Horse.

Alchemist RIng, Scalped Topknot, Tampered Timer, Mother-Daughter Ring, Tombstone Piece: I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain what's wrong with these.

Flowered Babushka: I think that it lets you wind up way too fast.

Wooden Horse: Bit strong for a brown isn't it?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
  • Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Survivor: maybe medkit charge add ons especially the gel dressing

killer:

Clown: pinky finger and cigar box

Wraith: All seeing blood

Huntress: Exhaustion removed

Pig: Tampered timer and slow toxin removed

spirit: MD ring and yakoyoke amulet

oni: top knot

Nurse: range add ons

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I would nerf every flashlight add on. The last thing we need is crazier flashlights. To compensate, they can buff the medkit and toolbox add ons. Ez.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I'm surprised that they haven't just taken him to his logical conclusion and given him a gun yet.

Because BHVR typically balance by stats. If their stats say he's fine, by their metrics, they will not touch him.

If he wrecks lower ranks, like most killers do, but doesn't perform as well at higher SBMM, they won't care. And I doubt we will ever see the stats soon, so we don't know what their data is with him. We probably won't for a good long while, if ever.

I'm still at the point where I am baffled anybody has trouble against Wrath, he's still one of the easiest killers to against for me. But that's just differing experiences.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I don't want to turn this into a Wraith discussion (not that I'm saying you are, I'm the one who brought him up) but just to address your comment it's really a matter of him being too easy to use, too many abilities that work too well together, too few ways to counter them (the arguments are always "use flashlights, run spine chill, loop constantly, play with headphones, and be by windows at all times, which is frankly kind of ridiculous to expect out of anybody to reasonably defend against a single killer). Wraith games are cheap. Run up while invisible, turbo uncloak (often while silent), super lunge for free hit, rinse, wash, repeat. How anyone doesn't at least consider the possibility that this is cheap is beyond me, but as you said, different experiences. Everyone hates the Nurse, I enjoy facing her. :)

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Killer: None

Survivors: Toolboxes, Medkits, Keys(lul like the devs will ever do this one), all flashlight addons.

Although survivors are mostly carried by their second chance perks, ######### map designs and the ######### servers that they use to their advantage.

• It's funny too because half of those add-ons are crutch asf but "surv main"

• Phasmamain
  • TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

Please dont make this a wraith discussion. Every addon is listed in the wiki if you want to list some.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I don't either, I'm tired of seeing them. And all I can say in response is, yeah, different experiences. I have an easy time against Wraith, so I don't get the hate. I get the hate for the Hit and Run playstyle, but I think his basekit is fine. At the end of the day, it matters only what BHVR think. If they are happy with him, he's probably going to stay the way he is for a very, very long time.

More onto the actual discussion:

I can't remember every single add-on, so I'll just talk about the ones I remember.

Wraith: I would actually get rid of Silent Bell and All Seeing - Blood, I think they're too strong at the moment.

Cenobite: what the ######### with Engineer's Fang. I can't believe we went from Nemesis' garbage Iri add-ons to Cenobite's.

Michael: Definitely Tombstone Piece and Fragrant Tuft.

Nurse: Double fatigue and double range.

Oni: I still have no idea why Top-Knot is still in the game.

Survivor: I don't really have an issue with any add-ons at the moment. Part of me wants to say Styptic but that's only because I've gone against them a lot recently and it's really starting to irritate me. And, just, everything with keys. But if they really are getting reworked, I'm really, really hoping that just removes them from the blood-web. Get rid of some of the fluff. Same with Mori's.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Are you sure keys will be reworked? 😉

I mean, were now about 1 year further down the line and there is still no change/rework, tho when they announced it the mori was changed in a week or so?

And still there was talk about changing mori even more because it was still "to toxic"

And during all that time i believe the only change they made to keys, is that it need at least 1 charge.

IF they ever gonna make a real rework for it, then my guess is that it will take another 1 or 2 years.

Sure everyone says it's more than just changing a number, but let's be honest sbmm is imo way more complex than changing keys.

Especially since they said they changed things from the old test sbmm and the current one.

My belief is they will never make a real rework and it's only to keep people quiet about it.

• Aven_Fallen

I mean, they confirmed that a Rework will happen in the upcoming year (which means - until the anniversary). And the Mori-Rework will most likely make them better, at least Keys and Moris should be reworked to something that you earn.

I guess the "recent" Mori-Nerf was just a bandaid, even tho I was fine with that one. For me, Moris can be weak, I dont really care about the animations and I am happy to not see 1-5 Moris every day.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Killer, none but spirit speed /duration above green rarity (these give her too much time to adjust in phasing so even if you mindgame she can correct herself too easily)

Survivor, BNP, septic (not insta heal) and just remove keys for escape and use them for aura reading only

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Waterlogged Shoe

• Phasmamain

Yeah why even play clown or Freddy when this menace exists?!?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
    edited September 2021

I want Brand New Part just deleted, I don't care.

Scalped Topknot as well, that's going ASAP.

All Seeing blood could use a slight tweak.

Trickster's throw rate + Iri Photocard- actually just delete Trickster

Pig's Tampered Timer and Crate of Gears (yes we should buff her basekit)

Engineer's Fang gone and Iri Puzzle Box bugfixed.

Yakuyoke Amulet- actually no we can toss Spirit in the trash too.

Tombstone Piece + Fragrent Tuft

And just delete keys in general.

Edit: Almost forgot to yeet Blight's speed add-ons and Alchemist Ring, whoopsies!

• GoodBoyKaru

Most of the flashlight add-ons outside of batteries don't do anything anyway

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

For killer:

• Alchemist Ring
    • "All Seeing" - Blood
    • Pinky finger.

For Survivors:

• BNP

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited September 2021

Survivor:

• Addons that don't let you lose your Key upon death or using it;
    • BNPs should have a pre-requisite before being used, like idk escaping at least two chases;
    • Make charge addons not stack with purple medkits. Medkits should not be able to heal you more than twice.

Killer:

• All Seeing Blood from Wraith;
    • Recharge and range addons from Nurse should not be stackable;
    • Tombstone Piece from Myers;
    • Mint Rag and Rusty Shackles from Hag;
    • Basically any addon from Pig that makes it easier for heads to pop;
    • Basically all speed and duration addons from Spirit above yellow rariry;
    • Scalped Topknot from Oni;
    • Alchemist Ring, Compound 33 and Blighted Crow from Blight;
    • Engineers Fang from Pinhead.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Spirit

• I wouldn't nerf anything.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Hahahaha yeah i don't have much fate and trust in what bhvr say.

I mean they confirmed a console optimization, yet till this day that hasn't happened.

Don't get me wrong, i play on ps5 and it's running at 60fps which is much better and it runs much smoother, they said they will push for 60fps on console but still ps4 is running at 30fps.

Just a small example of what they promised.

As for mori, i agree with you and with Tru3ta1ent that if you have 11 hooks, you can kill the last survivor as a reward for getting 12 hooks.

About keys, I've been calling it for even when they talked about a rework for it.

They should make it you get say 3 skill checks like ds before opening the hatch.

Failing 1 will result in your key being broken and that is what you left with.

Imo the best way to make these 2 things work well

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I mostly agree with all of them Engineers Fang can go, I do not need it to have fun with Pinhead. All Seeing is not needed anymore for Wraith, Mint and Shackles for Hag are an overkill and all of Spirits add ons aside from her passive phasing are bonkers.

However I would like to make a case for Myers and his Tombstone piece. This and the Tombstone are probably two of the only things that make survivors fear a Myers because he can actualy do something to them. Without those add ons there is little to no tention for survivors facing Myers.

A Nerf would be finde however: You can only instakill a fully stalked survivor. That way Myers could no longer suck out Claudette who tbags him at the pallet and then kill you at a generator. It would be on the Claudette who messed up. The instant kill should stay but it should hit the right person.

For survivors it is quit easy and I agree with you.

• GoodBoyKaru

There's a difference between fear and annoyance, and the majority of the time tombstone piece triggers the second reaction. Constant exposure to the game means it stops being scary after about 200 hours no matter what, and whilst you can't please everyone because someone will always find a reason to be annoyed at something, the general consensus around those addons is that being deleted from the game within 4 minutes because of a random so teammate who sat tbagging him behind a pallet in clear line of sight is just purely frustrating.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

Half of the flashlight add-ons don't do anything impactful, they don't need nerfed again.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited September 2021

All seeing blood.......that's about it. OH and alchemist ring

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Survivor:

• Brand New Part (Toolbox)

Killer:

• Redhead's Pinky Finger (Clown)
    • All-Seeing Blood (Wraith)
    • Engineer's Fang (Pinhead)
    • Tombstone Piece (Myers)
    • Mother-Daughter Ring (Spirit)
    • Scalped Topknot (Oni)
    • Alchemist's Ring (Blight)
    • Black Incense (Plague)
    • Mint Rag (Hag)
    • Rusty Shackles (Hag)
    • Tampered Timer (Pig)

Yeah... there's a lot of killer add-ons that need to be toned down or reworked. I absolutely despise BNPs though.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I feel like there are tons of killers with addons that change their whole kit and lots of addon reliant killers. But I think Michael's tuft of hair and tombstone addons need to be nerfed. But if they're gonna nerf those they need to update his power tremendously bc his addons are what makes him playable half the time.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Survivor:

Blood Amber

BNP

Syptic Agent

Gel Dressings

Killer:

Mother-Daughter Ring

Scalped Topknot

Engineer’s Fang

All-Seeing Blood

Alchemist’s Ring

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited September 2021

Engineers fang.

Silent bell. All seeing.

Keeping key add-ons.

Nurse recharge and range.

People saying flashlight add-ons I dont understand. The only good ones are the batteries.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Game is survivor sided, no add ons need to be nerfed at this time.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

BNP and the wallhack addon from the key need to be removed from survivor side. Megablink makes no sense and the pinky finger has to go or get a similar treatment to huntress instakill hatchets.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Majority yes. I agree with you on some (Alchemist ring, Tombstone piece, All seeing, I guess MDR but IMO MDR is only OP with Yakuyoke Amulet) but the rest have plenty of counter play/negatives. Fragrant takes quite some (Same as the tombstones) and the rest are only powerful if the survivors are complete garbage....yes I know a lot of them are.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I just feel your reaching a bit there is all. Especially with Clown (Pinky finger), Pig (tampered timer, Toxin....LOL) and Plague (insense) which only shows your aura when you vomit.....Which is only once your broken now so cleanse and it over. Oni's blood aura reveal Iri add-on is stronger than Plagues but not on your list, Honing stone which imo is stronger than half maybe more of those add-on's you listed especially with Auto trap reset or purple bag.

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348

I play both sided equally.

Survivor:

Get rid of brand new part, styptic agent

25% progression in 5 sec is just way too fast. Styptic gives you an extra health state when you are being chased and are close to being hit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Killer:

I don't play all killers yet, but only cycle through 11 out of 25

Get rid of bubba's Iridescent Flesh, and Wraith's purple All seeing blood

Iri Flesh because the potential to snowball into something stupid. Wraith's all seeing blood because there is no mind game needed when at jungle gyms/ walls.

• Aven_Fallen

I dislike the Speed Add-Ons on Blight and I think he does not need them either. But I also put a "maybe" behind them, I am not that good with Blight to say for sure that those should be nerfed.

The thing is, I really wonder why they did not change Pinky Finger. Since he does not slow down after a Bottle Throw it is laughable easy to get direct Bottle Hits, because once the Survivor is intoxicated, it is really not that hard to hit. (Even without Intoxication it is not really a masterpiece)

Tampered Timer-->Unhealthy Add-On IMO. It just gives you a cheap RNG-Kill when combined with either the Crate or the extra Box. It is impossible for the Survivor to search all Boxes with Tampered Timer and one of those Add Ons, if they are not perfect with their movement (aka disturb them only a little bit and they might be dead). And while Headpops are quite funny, they dont really feel deserved, if they are because of Tampered Timer.

The Toxin mainly because it is a) an Exhaustion Add-On (those are outdated, see the removal of other Exhaustion Add-Ons) and b) it promotes a Tunneling-playstyle - the Survivor with the Trap cannot use Exhaustion Perks, aka is an easier target. +

Black Incense-->To go to your comparison with Oni: But for the Glove you have to dedicate your whole build to it. You have to run Sloppy Butcher, possibly Coulrophobia as well. And a Map Offering. AND you basically cannot use your power, if you want full effect of the Aura Read. With Plague, you just have to slap the Add-On into your build. And it is basically a perma-Aura Read, the time between vomits is not that long. Sure, you can cleanse, but it is quite clear that cleansing is not popular, because her Corrupt Purge is super-strong and there is a reason why Survivors prefer to be Oneshots with non-removeable Sounds against her (+missing out on Healing Points on purpose). If they would tinker Plague a bit so that her Corrupt Purge is not as strong as it currently is and the Survivors get more incentive to cleanse (a Penalty, putting into Dying State after a time, unable to do certain things, etc.), Incense would be fine.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I don't think any survivor add-on needs nerfed. BNP isn't as bad as before and the instaheal add-ons are counter able. Just nerf keys.

Killer:

• Clown: Pinky Finger
    • Hag: Mint Rag and Rusty Shackles
    • Pinhead: Ultra Rare injure add-on
    • Wraith: 12m
    • Blight: Alchemist Ring and maybe a change to consecutive rush combo
    • Pig: Something to the 3 very rare box add-ons (you know the combo)
    • Spirit: Mother-Daughter ring
    • Oni: Topknot (increase basekit slightly)

Sounds like I'm a survivor main complaining about killer add-ons but I don't think the community can argue much that these don't need a slight change.

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123

Honestly Michael's addons need a major overhaul.

Other than that there's no other addons I have an issue with besides Alchemist Ring, and Topknot.