Spirit's Gone :(

Options

Well my most favorite killer to face in DBD The Spirit has been nerfed and now I gotta find another one. This was not required as made the game more unique and interesting than most killers have.

Learning to know when Spirit activated phase was fun to find and now that's gone and now I can't confuse her when she phases to throw her off now because I can hear where she is in phase. I'm gonna miss playing against this I would hope they revert back to this but, that won't happen because Spirit has "0" counterplay right?

COUGH "she does" COUGH

Comments

• fitch
    fitch Member Posts: 143
    Options

This is survivors game~

You can sea their survs streamer like new player.

That it why nerf spirit.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

You act like she got butchered? She'll still remain in top 3 strongest killers if u wanna change, do so nobody stops you

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    Options

OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

🥳🥳🥳

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    edited September 2021
    Options

The Spirits you'll face after the mid-chapter will either be high-skilled Spirit mains unaffected by the nerf, or just people doing their Spirit dailies. She'll be fine.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Still waiting on a camping and tunneling nerf! And like killers haven’t had their way with certain changes (cough cough DS)?

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options

Instead of having a fatigue she have a cooldown and if im not mistaken its 15 second

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215
    Options

lol ds is still op, you just not good. How can you counter ds at egc? Camping and tunneling? Just don’t get hooked, you acting like you spawn on the hook, killer actually have to go out his way to hook someone to camp. Meanwhile swf can end the game faster then 2 minutes without even trying lol.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Not going to lie, Spirit is one of those characters that is annoying and powerful, so 90% of players call it OP and pretend there is no counterplay. Really surprised they decided to nerf her, especially as I thought mmr data would suggest she really was not overperforming that much, especially against competent survivors. But I guess maybe she was which is even more sad.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I thought that stridor was gonna be the only nerf just because you only see spirit players run it.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,393
    edited September 2021
    Options

She's not Legion or Ghostface where no matter what you get the full cooldown. The strongest spirit playstyle is short burst, which also gives her a pretty short CD of only a few seconds in most cases.

You should rarely have the full CD and there's also add-ons.

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259
    Options

Getting genrushed? Just prevent them doing gens, you acting like there is 5 gens done at the start of the trial, survivors actually have to go out and find a gen to escape. Meanwhile top 3 killers just hooks survivors in 20 seconds.

Get a grip man.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

I don't need to play her to tell what's going to happen. Survivors have more information on the Spirit's location than she has on them. She's basically going to be a killer with very little anti-loop and a meh mobility power.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

The reaction to the announcement of those changes seems childish maybe try em out in actual gameplay

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,339
    Options

Not as childish as the vindictive people trolling anyone who enjoys playing a killer they don't like.

And its not hard to predict the outcome of the nerfs. We already had a bug that was close to this and she became easily predictable and countered by humping a pallet or window and listening. Now we'll have more reliable constant audio queues plus visual queues and garbage add ons. Not hard to come to a reasonable prediction of how this will turn out.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I think it depends on the context. During the end game, I'd say it's in that grey area of over powered. Nine times out of ten, it's a guaranteed escape, just like BT. Or when used tactically in a SWF. But then, just about everything can be pushed a few levels higher in a SWF, so meh.

To OP, lets wait and see how the nerf plays out. When they say directional sound during phase, I want to know just how directional, or strong, that sound is. Plus, how much distance plays a part. On long loops, I can see it being pretty strong if the sound fade is adjusted accordingly. As for the dust, well, you could already do that with grass, so it's not like it'll be a big change. Except on the saloon map. . . o dear.

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215
    Options

damn you’re super wrong, you can’t be so wrong in your life. Killer can’t multitask, he don’t have 3 other butt buddies to carry them, you get hooked in 20 seconds say a lot about how trash and whiny survivors are, meanwhile swf have no counters and is a free win with no skills

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

DS wasn’t even OP before this past nerf. The old old DS was OP but that is way behind us. My problem with previous DS was survivors using it offensively but it’s intended use was fine. I do think current DS could use a small buff but it’s in a decent spot. Not sure how people still think it’s OP either lol.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

Imo this nerf doesn't really make sense. She has both a directional que and you can see the dust kick up. They could've just not bother with that and add a 24m audio que. But yeah killers usually move on to the next strongest killer. Blight and nurse or maybe slinger might be next for the nerf. If they rework or nerf dead hard then it'll make things more balanced imo.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

You don't know that. After the nerfs to Billy did he remain within the top 5 strongest killers. After the changes to Freddy did he stay in the top 5 killers. Your assumption that she will remain viable is based off of what. She's not getting nerfs and buffs, no she is only getting nerfs. Her Haunting amulet add-ons are getting changed outright (which was a lot of her mobility) and her other add-ons will be getting number nerfs. In addition, while Spirit is blind, survivors will have an auditory queue of where she is and a visual queue. These are not changes that hardly affect the spirit, no these are core changes that mean that all of the current strategies that a Spirit player may use to get a down are gone.

So again, let's cover exactly what was nerfed.

1. Survivors get an audio queue that is directional and is louder/quiet depending on how close the spirit is
    2. Survivors have a visual indicator that shows the exact location of the spirit
    3. Survivors will know immediately when Spirit is phasing (Gen grabs within 24 meters are much less likely and Standing still mind games do not work)
    4. Her add-ons are all going to get number changes to make them much weaker (Mother Daughter Ring, needs this to be honest)
    5. The Amulet add-ons have been removed altogether (Which was the add-on that provides mobility for an otherwise slow killer)
    6. The primary perk that was used to help locate survivors while haunting (Stridor) has zero effect on individuals with iron will

So you're telling me that even after each of these nerfs, Spirit will still be a top 3 killer (which would put her in the S tier) . You've got to be kidding me.

Now are any of these nerfs on their own justified, sure. But is the combination of each of these nerfs justified. Well, we'll find out I guess. There's no undoing this now, but Spirit is a dead killer in my opinion. I don't think she'll be viable at all.

• justbecause
    Options

Spirit will be top 3 strongest killer and will remain like that no matter of that little counter they gave her none killer has ability to move that fast apart from blight and nurse yes she got litlle coutnerplay where on most map u won't even see dust etc she's kind of killer who is strong by origin and she will stay like that no other killer can run half of map in few seconds like she can apart from obvious two killers

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

The changes haven't even been released I bealive. Wait a little bit once they come out. Don't jump to conclusions.

• konchok
    Options

She moves quickly after several seconds of standing still. We're not talking about an ability that immediately triggers, no we're talking about one where you have to charge it. And now as soon as you use that ability the survivor is notified and can immediately react. So, no you're wrong, when you account for the fact that she has to stand still first, she's not actually all that fast without taking into account the speed add-ons or the haunting duration add-ons. Which I think it's pretty clear that the add-ons that effect her speed will be nerfed and her haunting add-ons have been removed.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226
    Options

I think something along the lines of "Nerf Syndrome" needs to be coined. This goes for literally any video game. Something gets nerfed, gamers freak out, and proceed to stop using the nerfed item/perk/character. A short amount of time passes, and people realize the nerf's effectiveness was vastly blown out of proportion...

• justbecause
    Options

Ummm what? She stand still for 1 second which is not even half of meter of distance for survivor? She can go through whole map in 2 phases no killer can do that and she's powerful now and she'll be powerful afterwards just say u need no skill killer and move on unlike her blight and nurse are high skill required killers which are big pay off once u learn them spirit is nothing but stand still so I can down you because u don't know where the hell I am...

She needed this counterplay every killer has it she ain't no exception...

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    edited September 2021
    Options

50/50 costant guess are not healthy counters. Also she need to be more readable and you need more of a pair of frames window to counter (I have main ed her, but I hate play against her) . Almost unreactable with no fatigues. Hope they fix but not kill her.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

You can't confuse her because you have more information? you make no sense

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

You mean the guy who gets argumentive when people dislike Spirit and his points not always being exact?

• konchok
    edited September 2021
    Options

Haunting amulets are removed, therefore she won't be able to go over the whole map with just 2 phases. And standing still for just a second is a big downside. It's part of the reason the PinHead sucks and is so punishing.

• justbecause
    Options

How are u going to compare indirect hit with a direct phase? Once u hit chain on pinhead u need to commit which isn't a case with spirit she teleports right where she phase and she's literally 593995 times faster than any killer or survivor with no counterplay until now she was overpowered and there's no any doubt in that and she needed a rework what she got ain't nerf but rework of broken power

• konchok
    Options

Pro-tip spell out words. For example, you instead of u.

As for the contents of your message, we're just going to have to disagree. A rework is what freddy got, this isn't a rework, this is an absolute gutting of her kit.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

Cry us a river.

She was put to place for a reason, because there are no mind games in rng, only luck. But now these spirit mains will have to earn the kill and actually show skill.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,339
    Options

What is the mind game at a LT wall with a M1 killer? It's a 50/50 guess if the killer will double back or not, based on reading them in previous chases.

Shocker, many "mindgames" in this game are coin flips on predicting what the opponent will do. Spirit was no different in that regard, but good luck. You can move on to whining about the next killer that outplays you.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Hyperbole and over-reaction - must be the DBD forums.

• 20_Henry
    20_Henry Member Posts: 25
    Options

Shes not gone she just takes skill to play now

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

We Spirit players will have to adjust to the new normal and attempt new strategies for the future. With that said I dont think for the most part that she will stop being as good I just think that the divide between a good and bad spirit player gap will increase it is too often that people condemn us spirits for how she was designed and ddnt realize it took a lot of practice to get there

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

EIther you haven't watched anything or youre not nbig fan either way he brings good points.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,393
    edited September 2021
    Options

Yeah exactly I've been saying the same thing for years now. It doesn't matter how small the nerf people will say the thing is dead now.

Remember DS? Remember how it wasn't seen for like 2-3 weeks? Then where'd it end up? Still in the meta build.

Remember the Nurse changes and everyone yelling she would be unplayable? Where'd she end up? Still the best killer in the game.

Remember Spirit with collision and no vault animation? Remember how people said removing those would kill her? Where'd she end up? Barely affected.

People just go "It got nerfed so it must be bad now".

Nerf Syndrome too strong, pls nerf.

Post edited by MrPenguin on