What do you guys think of the perk buffs?

Personally I like them.

The for the people buff is nice. I imagine vigil will be great and used more as well as Babysitter.

The changes to hex perks seems cool too. Overall I like these buffs. What do you think?

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

Retribution was already amazing, but now it's even better. I think it now makes you oblivious while cleansing any totem rather than after cleansing a dull right? That's pretty good. 15 seconds of wall hacks whenever a hex gets cleansed is so damn strong. Kinda scared of this perk

Third seal and Blood Favour seem better. Not great in Third Seal's case because let's face it - Blindness isn't that strong but still. Maybe it'll see some use.

FTP, Vigil and Babysitter buffs seems handy. I love FTP and always wished it had a lower timer

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

They're decent. Not enough to shake up the current meta, but decent. Vigil will be really good for getting Exhaustion back, which means somebody will complain about it soon.

I like them taking away the basic attack requirement of some of the Hexes. I hope they do it with Surge eventually.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

I will probably use Vigil with for the people this look like a nice combo. I just hope i wont miss BT to much.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

i like the Babysitter change, hope it turns out useful

maybe I will switch out BT for it sometimes (BT seems currently to be a necessity in the game and until now Babysitter wasn’t really useful against hard campers..)

Hex changes seem like reasonable changes that should have been here sooner.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Vigil will still be pretty terrible, For the people sounds nice but is still limited to SWF, Babysitter sounds cool but is still worse than BT imo.

Retribution is genuinely scary. That perk is already strong and 15 seconds aura reading on a nurse could annihilate a team

• Foxfire47
    Foxfire47 Member Posts: 232

I think they're great. I'm glad a lot of survivors perks that aren't being used much are getting a rework that is definitely needed. I'm also loving the updates for the hex perks since boon totems will be a thing here soon.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited September 2021

As per usual, they actually do a pretty good job at bringing off-meta perks up to a fun and usable state. They very rarely every fail to buff low tier perks to a good state. I think they are great.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I like the buffs but it felt a little bad that on killer side the perks getting buffed were totem perks. I wish they buffed perks that can be used consistenyly.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

👍️ I hope they buff most niche perks. Hopefully if perks get buffed, some folks venture of the meta combos.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

I really dislike most hexes. And they are barely buffing those niche ones like third seal and blood favour.. Sad to see that only these bad hexes are getting changed (and will be super niche still) and not perks that don't involve hexes. However, retribution duration looks good.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,192

It makes them more likely to be chosen, and anything to encourage people to try out new things is a big plus.

Also, it's nice to see "Hex: Thrill of the Hunt" - an old perk from way back - actually be given the very first minor change to defend against Boon Totems!

These alterations are welcome moves.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Wait they're buffing perks..... I gotta read that now!!!

• RaSavage42
    edited September 2021

Ok... I like the changes to them

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I like the changes. Changes go the meta is good for both sides not just one.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

Well hex perks remain hey perks and therefore a complete gamble and not worth to run for me. There is already enough rng so i don't need to add another coin toss to it.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I will use vigil now considering it's longer and Includes every status effect now

• I am excited for the hex : blood favour buff. I feel like that could be used on so many killers!

• RaSavage42

I'm kinda worried that they made these changes to Hex perks and not any other perks

Especially since Boon Totems are coming in

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I used to run third seal on legion when it worked with her power so that'll be happening again. Am also gonna have to try blood favour out on the game.

• Vigil seems like it could be good, but it's hard to tell. You can guarantee it's useful for Exhaustion and Broken with other Survivor perks, but there are also a bunch of killer effects it works on.

For example, it could shave half a second off the Hindered effect from Clown and Freddy, or reduce the Exposed from Make Your Choice, Iron Maiden and Starstruck. It lessens the Oblivious effect from Hysteria and the now-buffed Hex: Retribution. Who knows how many obscure killer addons it affects, but no one uses "Blindness on hatchets" or "Blindness on clown bottles" or whatever.

The real appeal is that 1. a SWF can coordinate so that one Vigil helps 2-3 people, and 2. It affects so many killer perks and addons that it might be more useful than you can know from just reading about it.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    edited September 2021

I've been waiting for this change since For The People was first revealed.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

They didnt buff exhaustion recovery they didnt said it on tge perk description.Only on those status.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

The For The People change is very meh. Just a number reduction, still a worthless perk when WGLF is a thing. That perk needs more help.

The rest are good changes!