Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Prestige Custome

i think it's better to make bloody skin available as something like a on/off key on every single skin , because while you are prestige 3 with someone, u have to wear their unique clothes and skins and cannot wear yours with bloody theme.
whats your thoughts ?

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Then they'd have to go and make a bloody version of every single skin. 
  • Ashkan
    Ashkan Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2018

@Cetren said:

why not ? we are paying for skins.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Ashkan said:

@Cetren said:

Too much work and is unnecessary. What they can do is just release cosmetics that has blood on them. 
  • Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    +1
  • Ashkan

@Iceman said:
    Ashkan said:

@Cetren said:

Too much work and is unnecessary. What they can do is just release cosmetics that has blood on them. 

it's a popular and growing game and i think it's not a hard work to just make a bloody theme for released skins , if you can't have bloody theme on your skins so what is the point of buying skins for your main character ?

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Ashkan said:

@Iceman said:
    Ashkan said:

@Cetren said:

it's a popular and growing game and i think it's not a hard work to just make a bloody theme for released skins , if you can't have bloody theme on your skins so what is the point of buying skins for your main character ?

Having a bloody skin doesn't really do anything no reason to waste time on it when you cosmetics in the store
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    edited December 2018
    Ashkan said:

@Iceman said:
    Ashkan said:

@Cetren said:

It's a lot more complicated than it seems. When you're dealing with 3D models, you can't just slap a texture on it. In order to texture it, you have to "unwrap" the model and get a 2D version of it. Then you can make your texture, rewrap it, and you're done. (Very simplified version, there's a ton of other maps that give it texture- cloth, leather, etc.- and tell the game how shiny it should be, for example.)

But in order to use less memory and keep file sizes down, the texture is cut into bits and rotated around so it can fit into a smaller image. The left and right arms could be rotated and stuffed at the top of the texture file.

Example here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/111426studio.wordpress.com/2015/11/17/game-character-unwrap-and-base-texture/amp/

Note how the hands are shifted around and not where you'd expect them. Trying to preserve position is tricky because you're trying to view a 3D object in 2D, and if you try to keep them in roughly the same spot, you have to increase the file size of your textures and waste a lot of disk space on empty space.

This is why giving all cosmetics a bloody overlay is tricky. If you just slap the same bloody texture over all cosmetics, the texture will not line up. You'll have seams all over. Imagine there's a big blood splotch around your shoulder. If that blood splotch spills over the edge of your torso, it probably won't line up with where the shoulder is in the texture file. This will cause a very sharp edge and look awful.

In order to do it right, you would have to go through and manually bloody each cosmetic. While it's definitely possible, the time spent doing this is time that could be spent making other completely new cosmetics.
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I would rather just have more cosmetics than have cosmetics with blood on them.
    Besides, how can I enjoy my new cosmetics if they are already covered in blood? >:(

• Ashkan

@Peanits said:
    Ashkan said:

@Iceman said:

Ashkan said:

@Cetren said:

It's a lot more complicated than it seems. When you're dealing with 3D models, you can't just slap a texture on it. In order to texture it, you have to "unwrap" the model and get a 2D version of it. Then you can make your texture, rewrap it, and you're done. (Very simplified version, there's a ton of other maps that give it texture- cloth, leather, etc.- and tell the game how shiny it should be, for example.)

But in order to use less memory and keep file sizes down, the texture is cut into bits and rotated around so it can fit into a smaller image. The left and right arms could be rotated and stuffed at the top of the texture file.

Example here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/111426studio.wordpress.com/2015/11/17/game-character-unwrap-and-base-texture/amp/

Note how the hands are shifted around and not where you'd expect them. Trying to preserve position is tricky because you're trying to view a 3D object in 2D, and if you try to keep them in roughly the same spot, you have to increase the file size of your textures and waste a lot of disk space on empty space.

This is why giving all cosmetics a bloody overlay is tricky. If you just slap the same bloody texture over all cosmetics, the texture will not line up. You'll have seams all over. Imagine there's a big blood splotch around your shoulder. If that blood splotch spills over the edge of your torso, it probably won't line up with where the shoulder is in the texture file. This will cause a very sharp edge and look awful.

In order to do it right, you would have to go through and manually bloody each cosmetic. While it's definitely possible, the time spent doing this is time that could be spent making other completely new cosmetics.

wow! the most complete answer , thank you for your time and brief and technical answer , it was really good to know what is the process of making objects in 3D models , so the last thing i can prefer is giving players something special for their prestige levels like "sport wristbands" that written the level of their prestige on it or something like that so they can wear it instead of another wearings.

• Ashkan

@PolarBear said:
    Besides, how can I enjoy my new cosmetics if they are already covered in blood? >:(

it's not covered in blood , that was a on/off mode and u could just make it off if u wouldn't like it , however @Peanits answer covered all of it's efforts and costs.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@Ashkan said:

@PolarBear said:

it's not covered in blood , that was a on/off mode and u could just make it off if u wouldn't like it , however @Peanits answer covered all of it's efforts and costs.

What I meant is that I would rather they spend time making new cosmetics than spend time making bloody versions of every cosmetic they make.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Peanits said:
    Ashkan said:

@Iceman said:
    Ashkan said:

@Cetren said:

Can you do me a favor? Can u bring up to the devs the idea of how dark Souls manages armour textures? The community made a lot of custom skin based on the original textures, it is pretty easy to do that. Even I can do that I didn't invested a lot of time for that. It's also always fitting for different character models. So imagine having the blood as a separate texture and kind of convert each skin as the Base model of a character. With the system of dark Souls it should be working to put the blood on any cosmetic on top of that.
    Just an idea from my experience, maybe the devs will take a look with after hearing this idea.