The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Official Behavior stance on Toxicity

So I am new to the game. I bought it last month and only have like 90 hours in. The toxicity is like outrageous. I have received death threats, been told to kill myself. People who are on my steam list have been harassed by survivors who feel I either camped or tunneled or not running survivor approved perks.

This game is what 5 years old? There has been time to address it? Is Behaviors stance to let it pass? Sony does more to ban people console side than PC.

Comments

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

I find killers to be more toxic than survivors

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

You can turn off the in game chat. Also the devs are working on making the chat more „friendly“. Toxicity is in every pvp game. Just learn to ignore it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited September 2021

if people are being overly insulting / toxic in the end chat, make sure to report them ingame (you can do so by pressing the button that pops up behind their name on the score board if you hover over it, then select the reason you want to report them and, if needed, add a short description)

This is going to save the chatlog and send an automatic report ticket to the support team, which, should the member looking at it think this is a fit punishment, is going to result in a ban for the player.

Should someone get banned due to your report, please be aware that you will not be receiving any notification of this happening. However, i can assure you it works, as i do have a friend who received a ban due to their ingame chat behavior.

should you be on console and / or the people contacting you over DbD are being overly insulting / toxic to you in any third party chat software (e.g. steam comments), BHVR can and will not be taking action. in such a case, contact the respective support teams of those software providers.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Their stance on what you're talking about is that it's against the rules, and they should be reported. When it comes to chat-based offenses I'm pretty sure a simple in-game report is all that's needed too, unlike other rule violations where additional proof must be provided by the one doing the reporting.

Anything outside of DBD (Steam comments, console messages, twitch chats and whatever else) isn't any of BHVR's business, and should be reported on the platform in question. Your mileage may vary of course, as different platforms can have very different standards.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I do not want to be that guy, but it is 5 years too late. If they banned everyone who was toxic, we would lose like a quarter of our entire playerbase. Typically you need systems in place from early on to create a deterrant before the normal people leave. But the more toxicity, the more normal people leave which messes up the ratio and creates an experience that people carry with them to other games.

Back when I was Overwatch only, I heard so much about the toxicity of this game and how it was worse. Luckily for me, those psychos were wrong. This game so friendly compared to Overwatch and I love it here. I only get toxicity like once every 20 matches, if even that. With Overwatch, my own teammates would start while we were WINNING almost every other game.

• HelloYou
    HelloYou Member Posts: 99

Angry Survivor : Baby killer / need to tunnel and camp to win / noob need NoEd..... etc

Killer : Hold your L / Ez / Cry

Don't try to explain anything to them by writing why you did what you did in the match, they have a peanut of a brain, so just trigger them with "Cry" or "Lzz" or something similar and move on. Or just stay silent, but i find it better to ignite them more then leave :3.

If they Comment on your Steam Profile, just delete it if it bothers you, otherwise comment back with a screenshot of their death followed by "Don't be a sore loser, Loser" . If they messaged your friends and they talked to you about it, laugh about it together.

• Then report them in game for communication abuse. Close endgame chat if you want.

And set your steam profile privacy settings to friends only, that will stop people from being able to see your friends list, and comment on your profile.

It's a pvp online game, toxicity is inevitable, behaviour cannot address that, you just need to use the tools provided to you to protect yourself from it.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

There's nothing they can do about it really. They have the censor feature on PC, but that doesn't stop players being angry. People will always be annoyed when you don't play the game how you want them to. The only thing you can do is find the humour in it really, how sad does someone have to be to literally make death threats over the way you played in a game?

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

If you are being harassed - as are your friends on Steam - you can take actions to limit this by making your Steam profile private. You can also disable end game chat. Doing both of these will eliminate what you have described.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

How exactly you want them to adress this? And what do we have from them addressing it? Nothing it can't be fixed bhvr aren't gods to delete toxicity in game if ur getting comments on steam that's not bhvr's business but steam itself and endgame chat u can always turn off I don't understand why ppl keep it on anyway what's the need to tell a stranger gg

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

If you don't like to mine salt like I do the best option is turning chat off.

I still wish the toggle was in the menu and made so you can't change your mind after a game similar to crossplay while not in main menu.