From a Hillbilly main(the few the proud) which add-ons need to be changed

Options
WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

One of the issues out of Hillbilly’s rework were he went from some of the best add-ons in the game to some of the worst. And sucked enjoyment out of him because there were little good add-ons to work with and I appreciate the devs are finally looking into it. Here are the most important ones to fix since they’re total garbage.(I’m aware of Speed Limiter, but it’s meant to be the meme add- on for BP)

1. Iridescent Brick
  2. Tuned Carburetor
  3. Black Grease
  4. Leafy Mash
  5. Big Buckle.

Comments

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222
    Options

doom/death engravings should also have a heat reduction whilst revving, you overheat too quickly with double engravings due to extra charge time - another billy main

• rabldong
    rabldong Member Posts: 91
    Options

I second this. With engravings you shouldn't be penalized with overheat. Extra charge time alone is already good enough. Billy is one of the most high-risk, low-reward killers in the game. I also wish they'd remove his roar and revert his animation.

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143
    Options

If they're redoing his add ons they should take this as an opportunity to just ######### delete the over heat mechanic. Delete all the add ons they affect it too.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited September 2021
    Options

Over Heat, as stupid as it is, I can live with. But if I had to pick addons I literally never use on the "Reworked Hill Billy"

Mother's Helpers

Low Kickback Chains

Big Buckle

Off-brand Motor Oil

Speed Limiter

Heavy Clutch

Steel Toe Boots

Leafy Mash

Black Grease

Tuned Carburettor

Apex Muffler

Iridescent Brick

Literally most of his addons now are for gimmick builds and are extremely situational, or they are just out right complete garbage.

Extra BP, better for newer players, not saying they can't exist, but most of his addons, complete dog water...

The more useful addons

LoPro Chains

Pighouse Gloves

Spiked Boots

Doom Engravings

Death Engravings

Dad's Boots

Junkyard Air Filter

Notice how all of the good addons are for the overheat (Which is a problem the DEVs made because he needed a resource mechanic? Game design FTW!!!)

Steering, or a bit more speed (Which isn't as good as it used to be for the engravings) on his chainsaw, and then LoPro, which is probably one of his better ones, and actually kind of fun to use.

Infinitely holding his chainsaw? Fine, I can understand wanting to ya know, get rid of that in front of a hook. And the insta saw was disgusting against just about anyone, even good survivors had a hard time.

And no one had a problem with the removal of said chainsaw charge time addons, but BVHR did what they do best, and completely overhaul a killer who was "Performing well, and doesn't really need any changes BUTTTT"

That is my personal and summarized view on his addons and the rework as a Hill Billy main, from the beginning and probably to the end

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

My favourite from him is black grease. Who the hell came up with that bullshit.

And I hope to God that this person is not on the team taking a look during the upcoming "killer addon purge".

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

If they did that and changed rarity to yellow and brown, Xmas would be here early this year.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

First off nerf black grease. My idea, change the effects to

•while being blinded by a flashlight, chainsaw overheat cooldown speed is increased by 2%.

but nah on a real note

just add either additional minor effects or buff the current values of some add ons.

iridescent brick:

• Gain the undetectable status effect after maintaining chainsaw sprint for 1 second.

• Gain a 7% Chainsaw Sprint speed bonus for every survivor outside your terror radius when activating Chainsaw Sprint.

boom now you chainsaw for 1 second less and survivors have to be more cautious and aware of you approaching since you’d be approaching at much quicker speeds.

Tuned Carburetor:

•Moderately Decrease Chainsaw charge time.

• Reduce chainsaw sprint movement speed by 15%.

There now the chainsaw can be used more for direct attacks rather than the map pressure like they clearly intended with the add on. Simple changes could make his add ons improve DRAMATICALLY