Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Halloween event, will it be good?

So would like to start off by saying I had a really fun game as blight. The perks I used was lethal pursuer, deadlock, tinkerer, and pop.

As I got the 4k I began to wonder what's this year's Halloween event would be? Would it be another sad excuse for a cash grab like last year's or would be like a fun event where the players would do extra fun objectives to earn special Halloween cosmetics.

True we are getting a new survivor that has a Halloween feel but I feel like that would anger the community if that was just it

There are a few killers I want to see blighted

Oni, twins, trickster, and deathslinger. And also if there's a rift for the blight, can some of the charms be blighted killers from the past.

Maybe give out some codes for blighted skins from the past too I'm just saying October is the biggest opportunity for dbd to have for more people playing the game.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

We can only hope it will be fun, I have faith they will do it right! Let's go!

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Can someone share his experience how was last Halloween?

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Sad excuse for cash grab.

• jarjargist21
    jarjargist21 Member Posts: 444
    edited September 2021

I can honestly explain why last year's Halloween event was a pathic cash grab. You had to grind for sherds or buy aruic cells for the Halloween cosmetics. And they had a backlash cause of it, for example the 2 years before that year gave way easy and fun currency to get the cosmetics. In my opinion the first one was the verizon of it. Not to mention the best Halloween cosmetics from last year you had to buy them. Don't get me wrong I love the blight skin

• jarjargist21

It won't be because the devs don't want another huge backlash like they had last year.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

A tad underwhelming. If I remember correctly, they gave free shards, released some new Blighted skins, and had a double bp event. They also introduced some weird/wacky event add-ons for killer and survivor. They also had some event rift challenges where you had to gather serum from pustula plants. That was pretty much it, I think.

This Halloween is already shaping up to be better than last year, if for no other reasons than all the juicy balance changes, and a new survivor that will hopefully introduce Boon perks to the game. I'll be pretty sad if they stop making blighted killer cosmetics because they always knock them out of the park. I'd also love a double bp event this year but they haven't said anything about that yet.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

It was anything but an event tbh.Easily the worst one we ever had so far.

They promised they would focus more on the anniversary and halloween events after the complete failure last year but seeing how much "effort" they put in the anniversary this year (copy&paste from the 4th anniversary) i'm not expecting anything from BHVR at this point.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Idk blight story has kinda ended so I'm hoping we see a new story.

Maybe something to do with all these sigels popping up everywhere

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

You say that, but the 5th Anniversary was basically the same as the 4th Anniversary. I highly doubt Halloween will be much different.

• jarjargist21

True but no one really complain about the 4th year anniversary like they did on Halloween. But in all of honestly if this year's Halloween event is like last year's then here I come VHS

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

We don't get events anymore, too many players complained about added objectives. At best we will get some limited holiday items and some charms.

Personally I would love to see serums and blight pods return.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Unpopular opinion but I kinda liked last years event. After BHVR went on their whole "were sorry please no more hate take free stuff" thing. I really hope we get another thing like the last addon but maybe just a little bit more ya know functional with so many of the killers. The concept of universal addons is really cool I just feel it could have been executed better.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I hope so. Last one was bad. They said they'll put more effort into the halloween and anniversary event but we saw how the anniversary one went so.. who knows. Well, BHVR does.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

I understand that they've done 3 Blight events that all built up to one of the best killers in the game both lore and technical wise. But I feel like at least every original killer released before Blight should get a Blighted skin. So that would leave just Oni and Slinger.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love a Blighted Twins or Trickster. In fact, I'd much rather the Blighted events not end. They had a Halloween feel to them. They were special. People complained about last year's because... why exactly? 'Cash grab'? I just think it's ridiculous and really showed the level of entitlement in some players.

The thing I saw the most was there should have been a Bloodhunt (1000, an event should always have a Bloodhunt). The thing I saw the most after that? That the Blighted skins shouldn't have to be paid for. Don't agree with that at all. A lot of work and detail go into those Blighted skins. I don't mind paying for anything in this game as long as it's reasonable. Some things aren't reasonably priced, so I wait for sales, which happen enough to take advantage of and get multiple skins at better prices.

I just don't see what kind of event and event skins could top the Blight event and skins. Maybe an undead theme, but meh. And what then? Will every original killer get one of those skins? Probably not. I'm guessing the main brain behind the Blight events is the dev that left recently. I'm just surprised that nothing can be kept as a tradition and a way to remember someone's time and work on this game.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
  • JasonIsADove
    JasonIsADove Member Posts: 45

My only hope is that they'll bring back the old All Hallow's Eve lobby/Music. It was my favorite theme. I'm not expecting much overall really, given the recent 'events', but I guess we'll see

• Trickstar
    Trickstar Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2021

Hoping for a blighted Trickster?

Post edited by Trickstar on
  • SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited September 2021

BHVR stated they were only focusing on Halloween and Anniversary events from here on out, and for the 5th anniversary they did nothing but give us more cakes and balloons. Simply put, don't expect them to raise the bar too much for Halloween. It's just going to be more of the same. No new modes, nothing crazy for the two week duration that it's live.

Just seriously lower your expectations and you won't be disappointed. 😕

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited September 2021

Sorry didn't read the discussion but that title made me legit chuckle.

People still have some kind of expectations or hope 😂

Maybe 2 new Halloween skin that are buyable and a little bit of decoration on hooks and gens. More is the reduction down to two evenzt per year not worth I guess.

Takes way too much time for the crative department to rush the next chapter and 20 cosmetics per 3 months. And then there is the dev team trying to fix what breaks everytime.

Edit: Oh i forgot the free BP (mayyyybe even shards) login bonus that will probably come as an excuse after a social media uproar.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

They said halloween and anniversary events are the biggest ones so if you know how anniversary event was, dont get your hopes up for halloween. Like at all

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,541

Don't count on it. It will probably be another disappointment, just like everything that has been happening with the game.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I don’t have high hopes about the halloween event being any good.