The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What do you guys think about the new Pig addons?

Saw these on Twitter

Comments

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

You missed the second batch of revealed addons.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I like them. videotape seems amazing.

also...you missed a couple

• 7eewilsmi
    7eewilsmi Member Posts: 51

I like them, makes piggy gameplay more fun!

• Alice_pbg

they didn't. they missed the second addon change in each batch.

• Duvie
    Duvie Member Posts: 80

I'm terrified. I already get scared playing against her normally (because I hate the beartrap), now I have even more worry.

• Alice_pbg
  • graveyard_7777
    graveyard_7777 Member Posts: 269

When you use the new Video Tape addon

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited September 2021

Workshop Grease should literally just be a base kit change. Her ambush is trash and we shouldn't have to waste an addon slot trying to bandaid fix bad design.

The other addons are cool mostly.

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

I noticed after posting. I am gonna blame the fact that it is late here.

Back on topic, most of them seem interesting other than the brown one, no one should fail those easy skill checks.

Video tape seems fun but dependant on luck. The sketch I am unsure of, I don't think anyone with the trap on would actually be repairing a generator for the second effect.

Workshop Grease is just old Video tape, though moderately vs percentages. Kinda interesting how some of the changes are you just changing the names around.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

They look pretty great. Except the one that gives deep wound to survivors that fail a skill check, because that one will be useless at higher ranks.

I still hope that Pig will one day have her crouch movement speed increased.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Is Video Tape even really all that good? Some early game delay, but it's unlikely any of the traps will activate. THough combined with Rule Set 2 (assuming it doesn't get reworked/nerfed) it could be pretty deadly. (Then again, the survivor could spawn near a Jigsaw Box and get it off in one try...)

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,062

Obligatory "you're just an ungrateful killer main" comment.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited September 2021

Though I don't really believe that ultra rare = ultra fair, I hope that is the case. Unless they do something to make party hats have a little consistency like what they did to trapper traps where it's really unlikely you'll get it off first try. I might just be imagining the worst but I just feel like while you're either looking or chases, someone will get the trap off.

But the very least they can do IMO is make her go 100% movespeed when crouched. I get that they don't want her to be able to 'camp' her traps, but it's 2:30 minutes. It's longer than actually camping someone. You're better off just throwing the dude on the hook and staring into his soul.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014

This is what killer add-ons should be, add-ons that completely change the way you play.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I wish I can see them all...

But so far I do like a few

• Revolutionary

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Workshop Grease is literally Video Tape now. It's simply the unused grey workshop grease turned yellow(aka, free addons if you use video tape commonly). Video Tape becoming pink also means you gain quite a lot of free pink addons.

So they simply swapped 2 addons here, which isnt really bad. If that addon was basekit, a lot of other addons would need to be removed since they would be too powerful.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I'm reserving judgement until the PTB and the full list of add-ons. My instinct says they're nerfing the head-pop combos and maybe replacing rule set 2 with the video tape add-on, but maybe I'm wrong. My instinct also says the video tape add-on deploys all of your traps at the start of the map rather than giving you more traps, which seems like it would be terrible, since the traps benefit you most in the middle of the match. But I could be wrong about that, too.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Cant really say much, Workshop Grease is old Video Tape, Jigsaw's Sketch looks good but old Jigsaw's Sketch is already one of the good addons, new Video Tape is much better than both current Iridiscents but looks like you will start without traps and is just having a massive early stall vs having midgame stall, it may work as a substitute to Corrupt Intervention tho.

Unless they show what they did to the worse addons I cant really judge the result.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I'm guessing it's not and automatically using all your traps is downside they decided to give the add-on. It's like Trappers new purple add-on, you start with all the traps but you can't pick up the traps after you set them.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

Video tape could have some decent, early pressure. However, what I do really like is that the add-on makes the trial start as if it's already a game from the Saw franchise.

It also makes the add-on feel unique, rather than the "reduce lunge by 10%" types of add-ons. It's giving the interesting, unique changes add-ons have with The Wraith. So it's great to see a more imaginative approach to these changes.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

If video tape doesn't give extra traps i think i woun't even try it. Why would i want to remove all my traps at the start of the game when i have 0 chance of getting a kill with them and could get slowdown anyway through the game. But if the description is correct it should give 4 extra traps not replace them.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I keep wanting to discuss combos and stuff, but then realising that the add ons I want to use together may no longer exist. Guess I'll wait for the full PTB to theorycraft.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

They look great. They'll add a little more to her gameplay and make her more fun, too.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

They're all good. Welcome changes.

The Video Tape add-on is especially interesting as the survivors 'wake up' in to a Saw trap. Nice touch.

Mixed with another strong add-on, this could be very effective.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Iridescent one is way overpowered. There are only 4 Jinxes and based on my experience on average u need 2-3 to get your trap off. If 4 survivors start with traps on, they will quit playing cause it requires a lot of time to run all over map.

I see it as 4K every game.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

I wait for tampered timer and the gear addons cause this might get intresting

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Video Tape seems stronk, Jigsaw's Sketch seems solid, Workshop Grease is just old Video Tape so nothing to comment on, and Interlocking Razor seems still bad.