The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors choose where to place their boons, but killers cant choose where to put their Hexs totems?

Sandt21
Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

Lets ignore the fact the it was confirmed that blessing a hex totem turns it into a boon totem. Lets ignore that if a killer snuffs out a boon that used to be a hex, the hex is still gone for the rest of the game. And lets ignore the fact that Killers are getting another objective to worry about when time is never on their side. Why do survivors get to choose which totem to apply their boon perk to, but killers have been asking for literal YEARS, to do that same thing with their hex perks, but we never got it. I'm really gonna need a reason for this, Devs

Comments

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

It adds to the asymmetrical aspect of the game, but the boon totems are still so weird that I don't see the point of having them at all.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

We have to wait and see what the effects will be. Hex perks have really strong effects, and therefor have the risk to be removed from the game.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I suspect due to the fact that survivors are expected to combine their efforts to overcome the killer that the boons themselves aren't going to have that huge of an impact individually.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

and such effects are completely worthless because of:

RNG, maps, keys, very ___very bad totems spawns(always the same), many perks that can help finding totems...there is TOO much conterplay to nullify hex totems.

i usually watch streamers like otz or truetalent, and when they use hex perks, 9 games out of 10, the hex perks pop in the first 2 minutes... and they don't even care bacuse they're used to that.... but hey """strong effects"""

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

It wouldn't work for killers to place there own totems. Think about it killers always say they don't have time to do anything in the game but placing your own hex totems would still be waiting time. They have to find the best totem spot would surely waste a lot if time since you aren't given the location of dull totems. And if you are given the location of the totem it still wouldn't work. It's still being left up to rng since you have no control over where the best dull totem spot will be at, also if a survivor notices you putting down your hex totems then it makes all the effort you went to to hide the spot wasted since they will know the location. So having killers Pic the spot seems like a big time waste.

I'm surprised that killers haven't though about this before asking to place their hex totems.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

it seems to me that boon totems are only useful if there is play within that boon totem area, otherwise it isn't as useful.

also i don't know if i missed something, but where is it said surv can convert hexes into boon totems? it was only said they can tun dull ones into them. so they'd still have to cleanse them anyways.

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566
    edited September 2021

Has been confirmed by one of the mods, Mandytalk, many times in different posts.

If the last totem in the trial is a boon totem, it can even prevent NoED from triggering for that matter.

• Bran

aw man that's really dumb. thanks for the info 👍️

• Duvie
    Duvie Member Posts: 80

It's not that big of a deal, blessing a totem will take the same amount of time (or more) as destroying it. So if they didn't bless it, they would've just destroyed the hex anyways.

• Bran

i don't like the idea of survivors being able to cleanse and bless. what's it all for? so they can save their precious time? unbelievable if you ask me.