The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should the Hex Mechanic be reworked because of Boon Totems?

DarkMagik
DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

Should the Hex Mechanic be reworked because of Boon Totems? 20 votes

Yes
70%
GibberishkodiakyNoxeriasmusstang62D3spairMaxwellCluelessDarkMagikRK67GazgemauchSirGandoMouth0fMadnessthe_hound43MPA 14 votes
No
30%
TapeKnotpushkinaTacitusKilgoreAurelleDuvieGarlicRice 6 votes

Comments

• Duvie
    Duvie Member Posts: 80
    edited September 2021
    No

Boons are not Hex's and Hex's are not Boons.

If they are to be balanced in the same ways, they would have to work the same and they don't.

Though I wonder what do you mean by reworked because of boons? do you mean they should be like boons or something else.

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93
    Yes

Boon totems should have the same benefits and downsides to hex perks.

Like for example:

If a killer snuffs out a boon totem, then it's lost for that Survivor and they lose that perk.

Or they could update hex totems to be more like boon totems

So when a killer's hex totem is cleansed or blessed, a killer can relight their hex totem at a dull or blessed totem.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No

Hex totems are very different from Boon Totems.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Yes

I had an Idea

When there is Hex a survivor has Two Options they can Cleanse or Destroy the Totem.Cleansing a Totem takes 6 seconds & deactivates the Hex that there is but does not Destroy the Totem.If a Hex is Cleansed or Destroyed the Hex goes on a Cooldown & after that Cooldown the killer can re place the Hex.Survivor within 8 Meters of a Hex could hear it.

Some Hexes would receive a Small Nerf to Compensate

Ruin has a 60 Second Cooldown when it gets Destroyed & losses 20% of it regression speed when it gets everytime it gets Replaced,

Devour has a 60 Second Cooldown when it gets Destroyed & losses a 2 Tokens when it gets Replaced.

Undying is no longer a Hex & it just auto Places any Hex if they are gone

• D4M4VR1CK
    D4M4VR1CK Member Posts: 58

i actually like this because they’re like should I cleanse the hex or use it as a boon adding more of a dilemma of should I do this or that

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    No

No, I think Boons should be reworked instead.