The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What Tier is Pinhead?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

What Tier is Pinhead? 102 votes

Tier-S
2%
PandaMannickoffordGALAXYBOl 3 votes
Tier-A
10%
mewmewSirCrackenShoobyLochnload_exeGuiltiiTrickstaaaaaD4M4VR1CKAurelleMrHashtagYTfitchKendrell27 11 votes
Tier-B
30%
Slaughterhouse3VolantConch1719blue4zion[Deleted User]VikingWilsonCornHubIsJustMeElcopolloChurchofPigMapersone_j2007Rattiusglitchboixtr4meDoomedMindDhurl421IlliterateGenocideIridiumGlass[Deleted User]Thr_ust 31 votes
Tier-C
34%
AdelooSeiko300BlueberryWalterBlackHoodiedDiabolusMrPenguinUistreelAvilgusDr_LoomisShapedCritical_FishMattie_MayhemOGbjorksnasWarcrafter4CluelessMadLordJackPixel_BoomBotDerZuntorFobbo 35 votes
Tier-D
17%
TapeKnotanarchy753musstang62tenoresaxOrangeJackFilthyLegionMainAwkward_FiendUnifallViktor1853PSP[Deleted User]SleemGamerEzraSirGandonakotamccTacitusKilgoreThatOneDemoPlayer[Deleted User] 18 votes
Tier-F
3%
Gibberishgetuy45u4iuRenfearSsajbambusa 4 votes

Comments

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    Tier-C

I think he is mid B if he has a good build

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Tier-B

When playable, I'll give him a B-, he's got some neat tricks

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    edited September 2021
    Tier-D

I'm probably underestimating him since I've seen the Chain hunt do nothing, even when nobody has the box and the timer's been up for over 30 seconds.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465
    Tier-C

Hes inconsistant, chain hunt and extra random chains miss 80% of the time on most maps and even more on indoor maps, his base power has no pressure to it, can't damage survivors, can't scare survivors off objectives any better than just walking at them, and doesn't interrupt actions such as being healed, the only thing he can do right now is slow people at loops, can't do anything to get them into those loops sooner, and the only map pressure he gets is his passive power

I would like to see some bolster to his basekit with either a culmination of a bunch of small buffs or just basekit engineers fang which is my preferred since then he would be able to scare survivors off objectives, have a reason to use his power at a range, and threaten to interrupt actions such as healing

• Cerebral_Harlot
    Cerebral_Harlot Member Posts: 280

Tier-F atm, literally breaks the game. Otherwise D, its tough out there for killers who can't easily attack out of their power.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211
    Tier-B

After playing him pretty much exclusively all night (from 5 to 10), I'd put him High B-Low A tier. Since SBMM wasn't active, I can still safely say I was playing at the highest rank. Yes, I had some rough matches, that's how high rank matches SHOULD work. For the most part, I was still consistently getting use out of his power and getting a pretty consistent kill ratio (about a 3K average).

He could definitely use some changes (the fact that he can't see the box at base is REALLY annoying and the chains still break a little too easily), but he's a pretty solid Killer.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    Tier-F

He's a weaker version of one of the worst killers in the game. F.

• Jarol

Most of it is Tier-C but I see it Tier-D.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    Tier-D

I played a couple rounds of pinhead, then played a couple rounds of clown. Even if you're hitting your hooks, clown is so much better in chase than pinhead right now. Which is incredibly depressing

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Tier-D

Truly awful. If I were going to put him in C tier or higher, either his chains would be easy to land, or they would be difficult but give a very high chance to get a hit after.

As it is you need to learn how to blink as Nurse, then steer as Billy, and after that you're still on the unlikely side of getting a hit where you wouldn't just by chasing normally. The amount of ground you lose in a chase to use the power is laughable when you compare it to the fraction of a second it takes for survivors to throw off every chain.

On top of that, the box is a minor timewaster at best, survivors being able to see it globally means chain hunts basically never happen unless they choose it to. Then when they do go off, running in a straight line seems to dodge every chain, the AI chain targetting is absolute garbage.

Then they can open the box. You get a big beeping alert to tell you "Hooray, you can now teleport to the absolute worst place on the map to a survivor that's fully prepared to run you and is surrounded pallets. (Oh, and there's a wall between you as well)" I've found teleporting is almost always the incorrect decision.

There's also the big issue of breaking chains on literally everything, and then once again the "replacement" chains just shoot off into the distance at nothing or go straight into the ground.

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137
    Tier-F

F tier game, F tier killer.

• 7eewilsmi
    7eewilsmi Member Posts: 51
    Tier-C

He's fun but I can't see him being anywhere above a B tier.

• WalterBlack
    WalterBlack Member Posts: 148
    Tier-C

Bottom C-tier, chains break far too easily, chain hunt is countered / prevented far too easily. Holding the box is also not punishing enough.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Tier-A

I've had a lot of experience with him so far. And I can definitively say that once you start approaching his skill ceiling he can become very oppressive in chase and across the map. Depending on the build you're going for.

I'm going to create a full guide going over how to properly play him because I feel people aren't giving him enough credit.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436
    Tier-B

He is Mid B if do you own the right Add-Ons

• Jarol

Until now it is Tier C according to you, following Tier B, then it can be said that it is a balanced killer only that you have to use its ability well and be vigilant in front of the cube.

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    Tier-B

Im dumb, I thought this was talking about pyramid head and I was honestly thinking he was A or B tier, A if he uses his best build and B for base kit. :c

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited September 2021
    Tier-D

I'm surprised for the results

20 tier-B what the hell

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    Tier-F

Right now - F

If they add some quality of life to chains in general (exploding interrupted skillchecks, making them not break over terrain and Pinhead himself and actually connect and not miss ALL THE TIME) and make the chains you hit with his M2 (not Chain Hunt) a bit more impactful then he can be C.

Right now he is Clown with hard to hit power.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    edited September 2021

With a separate hidden SBMM for each killer, tiers lost their meaning.

• Sleem
    Sleem Member Posts: 182
    Tier-D

He only escapes F because people who enjoy legion will like pinhead. Otherwise play any other killer, and they will outperform him in any game.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Tier-C

High risk and (mostly) low reward.

Sometimes he seems like a Clown requiring Nurse skill.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Tier-C

Purely because his chains break a little too quickly. He would be B, or even A, if they held on a little longer.

• Jarol

Come on, come on, come on.

• GALAXYBOl
    GALAXYBOl Member Posts: 8
    Tier-S

Pinhead has only been released for a little while an I think he's amazing. I was iridescent rank 1 before the rank reset and I used Pinhead to get me from rank 6 to 1. I have over 10 killers maxed out and I main him. His ability is great for quickly ending chases and almost every game I play with him I get three or 4 kills. Amazing killer.

• Tier-D

Wildly inconsistent.

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340
    Tier-C

Lots of free slow down, but his chase is to RNG dependent. If the chain spawns in the direction you are coming from, then you just wasted your time using your power.

If he didn't break/block his own chains by touching them, I would say he is b tier.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Tier-B

what I do like about him is it’s not the same 3 meta perks that are best on him. Franklin’s and hoarder put this guy on a different level and if he’s able to get on a roll with chain hunts it can be brutal. But if you know what you’re doing hes easy to play around so he’s held back a bit.