Favorite Chase Music(s)?

Options
Hippie
Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

With Spirit's new music being added to the game, it is DEFINITELY up there as one of my favorite chase musics. My favorites now go something like this:

1. Pyramid Head (THE BEST) ~ My favorite ever since it was added!
  2. Trickster (VERY CLOSE 2ND) ~ Very haunting and intense!
  3. Spirit (POPPIN') ~ Ditto Trickster's!
  4. Deathslinger (displaced by Spirit for 3rd but STILL AWESOME) ~ I especially love the build up to the chase!

While these are my favorites by far, I saw many differing opinions in some comments sections across YouTube. So... which chase musics do you enjoy the most? You don't have to put a list but definitely put your favorite(s) up there!

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Blight.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Clown’s music is my favorite.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1. Twins
    2. Deathslinger
    3. Pyramid Head
    4. Trickster
  • _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

#1 Blight

#2 Nemesis

#3 Pryamid Head

My honourable mention would be the Twins music because that ######### is creepy and i dig the creepy vibes.

:)

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

Demo and Nemesis

• Mistakesweremade
    Mistakesweremade Member Posts: 229
    Options

DEATHSLINGER!

It was the reason I mained him in the first place, every time it's played it feels like the fate of the survivors has already been sealed. It's so intense!

Nemesis is my second favorite. I have not played RE before but I think Nemesis' chase theme really captures the feeling of raw power the character has, like you are not running away from him, you are combating him.

Demo is my third. I used to like demo's POV chase theme even more before they changed it. Before the change it felt like you were the really big monster he is, now it just does not fit him.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

1) Doc

I don't have others I tend to tune all that out when playing

• Mistakesweremade
    Mistakesweremade Member Posts: 229
    Options

I absolutely hate doc's chase theme. It's such a headache, but I do agree it's pretty thematic for the killer.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options
  • ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

PH and Oni

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Mikey all the way. Classic John Carpenter theme.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

You didn't imply it had to be official.

But if you want me to use official sources, let me give you my top three right now:

Nemesis is number 1 for me because it never fails to intimidate me the moment I hear it. It's one of the reasons why Nemesis is one of my favourite killers to go up against. Just hearing the 32 meter radius track is enough to send a chill down my spine.

Then it starts to build up from 16 meters. Adding distorted strings in the background, making you feel spikes of anxiety as Nemesis' footsteps draws closer and closer.

And nearing the climax with 8 meters, where the percussion starts to join the party. Making you feel like your blood is pumping and he can smell it.

And then we get into the CHASE. Where all of the previous elements are combined into what makes for the BEST chase theme in the entire game. It feels like you're attempting to outrun an unstoppable beast. Not outrunning. ATTEMPING to outrun him. You feel like you're always just barely surviving each swing, each tentacle strike, each zombie encounter.

Oh, I ######### love this theme song so much.

But Deathslinger's theme is a close, close second.

24 Meters always feels sinister. Insidious. If you keep playing it for long, you'll always feel like you're looking around for the yeehaw cowboy lurking through the fog or the corn. The paranoia can get to you.

That feeling keeps continuing into 16 meters, where we hear the only time the DBD leitmotif is played in a chase theme. Hearing that everytime I play Survivor always catches me off guard. Like Deathslinger doesn't see this as anything more than just a game. A hunt for him. Helpless vermin for him to carry out his brand of Justice as he did to the gang that crossed him before.

But then we're reaching the climax. 8 meters. You know he has spotted you, and he has most likely got you in his sights. And before you know it.... BANG!

A spear hits close to you and the chase begins!

Unlike other chase music, this isn't a chase from your perspective. It's a chase from his perspective. The twisted melody constantly clashing withh the tribal-like percussion makes you feel like nothing more than a prey being hunted by a predator. And your only hope is to run.

RUN!

But Trickster is the opposite end of that spectrum. It's not a hunt. It's not a game. For him, it's a mad dash to the finish. To the top. To him this is what he is living for. To Kill. To Hunt. It's his purpose after being taken into the fog.

Trickster is the kind of killer who would be horrible to go up against in real life. Constantly having knives thrown at you with no regard to the kind of wounds you obtained from it.

His theme at 24 meters just gives you a glimpse at the discord, the distorted glimpses into his mind. How broken it is. Which is only amplified by the next section of the chase theme, which adds to the terror that he is a killer who has no remorse. Unlike Nurse or Wraith who still has some humanity left in him.

Trickster just kills. Kills. Kills. Mindless killing. Mindless torture. Screams, SCREAMS, SCREAMS!

Notice how the longer the music goes on the more and more distorted it starts to sound? It's not just building up to something. But it's preparing the survivors for a torturous finale.

Sirens and alarms starts to blare out, as if to say that you're in danger. You need to move. You need to run. But you can't run. He shot you in the foot, you're limping. Desperate for help. But he is approaching slowly, and the closer he approaches the more you hear him laugh. The more you hear him get giddy and excited at the thought of hearing you scream.

SCREAM. Giving him the power trip that he wants.

He lifts his bat far above his head and slams it down onto the ground, ending you.

• Foxfire47
    Foxfire47 Member Posts: 232
    Options

Demopupper

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,794
    Options

Nemesis

My favourite because it makes the chase feel fast paced in a way

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    Options

Gotta go with my hubby's. When I first heard it, it was the only chase theme that actually put me on edge a bit like a chase theme is supposed to. More specifically the 16 meter tune and the actual engaged chase tune. Knowing that the violin-like noises are most likely slowed down and distorted screams of his dying victims just gives the chase music an extra psychological horror layer (which is specifically my favorite horror genre!)

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Nemesis, Demo.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

1. The Oni

2. The Shape

3. The Spirit (great job devs!)

4. The Executioner

5. The Trickster

6. The Doctor

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Nemesis all the way! His hits differently (obviously) compared to the other killers

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options

PH

Nemesis

Clown

Spirit would be higher if It were a bit louder but I can barely hear it.