Legion Buffs & Thoughts

Caretaker
Caretaker Member Posts: 764
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

Played Legion for most of yesterday since they released. I've played at rank 1, gotten Adept, and a few quad iris/perfect matches. I watched people play against them, and listened to my friends play. Watched tons of videos and streams from multiple people in the community. I can post my screenshots if needed as well.

For positives: I think they're honestly one of the most fun killers they've ever made so bravo. I love the aesthetic, how they're power works, the cosmetics are great. They're point gains are insane, and he excels when it comes to emblems that some other killers struggle to obtain.

For negatives: Deep Wounds was changed to something a friend of mine suggested, but it wasn't implemented right. DW stopping at 99% just ruins any pressure it would've had if they'd just let it down you regardless. Just add a few seconds more to let people mend and if you don't, you go down. His power can't be used to down anyone unless you want to waste so much time. Which is something killers do not have against a team that wants to rush. Also 4 hits? Jesus.

His end-game is non-existent and there are so many perks that flat out don't work on him. Sure Thanata gets use again, but it's still a bad perk in desperate need of some love. Also, their power is made to multi-tag survivors but most of the time you just fatigue before you can even get the second hit making it a waste of time to chase if they're too far. On larger maps you have nothing you can really do because you're a 110 killer. You can't cover ground, and every chase is extended even on unsafe loops. Smart players will just loop you.

Not only are most perks bad on them, so are most of the addons. The only good ones are Cold Dirt, Frank's Mix Tape, and that's about it. Duration is kinda helpful for mult-tagging assuming you're in range, and speed isn't really noticeable. Stab Wounds Study is worthless, they're Iris are god awful, and one is a copy of Wraith's All-Seeing Blood but worse. So you really can't say just use addons, cuz only a purple addon can, or a combo. Cold Dirt & Frank's.

Most people are saying they're the worst killer in the game, but I think he has potential. I'm not saying they'll be crawling out of low tier, but they're not the worst. Especially with the above combo I mentioned. However, no killer should rely on addons. I'm a purist I don't like running addons. I would much prefer a gimped addon for a bit of boost and be powerful and fun at base.

To buff them I feel like Frank's Mix Tape should be baseline, possibly even Cold Dirt. Frank's Mix Tape makes it so Frenzy is a 3-hit down, not 4. Cold Dirt makes your fatigue a slight bit shorter. Honestly just adding in Frank's Mix Tape would fix 90% of they're problems and make their power actually put down some pressure. Devs have stated they want fast chases, Legion could have those.

People don't like the cut chase, bleed out, down with Frenzy. This would make it a much more active use of his power. Frenzy, hit, swap targets if possible, if not hit again, fatigue, chase, build power, Frenzy, down. You can counter this by baiting pallets, running out they're power, a decent loop will stall even despite the increased Frenzy speed.

Frank's Mix Tape makes them feel like an actual killer. Cold Dirt is a huge QOL addon, but again I'd be totally happy with just the mix tape base. Using it made it feel like their description, I felt like I could really chase people down and I was active all game. Not just waiting out mend times to down. They still got gens, they still powered the gates, because they played smart. Devs please let us have a strong killer, this change would make him a solid mid-tier that you can still deal with.

The only other problem is finding a way to boost him so he can actually traverse the map and patrol because 110 ruins him for that. It just rips your pressure away. I'm not sure how to fix it honestly the addons don't. Maybe every fresh DW application gives a stacking speed boost? Idk, but he needs something for patrol and he'd be amazing, and fun to play against instead of a minor annoyance.

Comments

• Caretaker

Wanted to address addons in another comment.

Smiley Face Pin - Defaced Smiley Pin - The Legion Pin

Decreases the power gauge depletion on successful attacks. I believe this means you keep some power when hitting someone with your M1, but it charges fast enough and you probably wouldn't use your power to chase so not sure why you'd use these.

Scratched Ruler - Etched Ruler

Decreases the time to refill the power gauge. Used the Etched Ruler and the refill speed isn't stellar, but it's not bad either. Decent for a yellow addon.

Mischief List - Mural Sketch - Stolen Sketch Book -

Increases the Feral Frenzy duration This one is ok. I've tried it out with Frank's, but Cold Dirt or fatigue cd is just so much better. Duration is good for multi-hits, but multi-hits don't really add much pressure seeing as DW isn't much of a threat, an a lot of the times you'll still just fatigue before you get a hit.

Friendship Bracelet - Never-Sleep Pills - Susie's Mix Tape

Increases the Feral Frenzy movement speed. I used every rank and I didn't notice a single change. Which sucks because he really needs some kind of increase to his MS to be able to cover/patrol bigger maps and catch survivors. I've seen survivors just outrun me with no sprint perk despite having one of these addons on.

Nasty Blade - Filthy Blade

Increases the amount of time to required for Survivor to complete the Mend action. Don't even need to say why these are eh at best. You're probably gonna chase the last person you hit with your power, and longer time isn't gonna stall much.

Julie's Mix Tape - Joey's Mix Mix Tape - Cold Dirt

Decreases the cool-down duration of Feral Frenzy. These are great. This makes you fatigue faster so you can get right back into the chase and keep up pressure/down the survivor.

Stab Wounds Study

Considerably decreases the Deep Wound timer of all Survivors. This is just bad honestly. It's only really good for the drop chase strat, and that's just boring. It's only a small chunk of the bar as well. Frank's Mix Tape completely outclasses it, this addon is just bad.

Frank's Mix Tape

Considerably increases the amount of damage applied to a Survivor's Deep Wound timer while attack with Feral Frenzy. This makes it so you can 3 hit survivors, and it makes Legion an actual threat, and fun. Easily their best addon, should be baseline and changed to something else.

Iridescent Button

When the Deep Wound Status Effect has been applied during Feral Frenzy:

Your Terror Radius affects the entire Map.
    Any Pallets you vault are immediately broken.
    This effect lasts until the power gauge is depleted.

This addon is just awful. You'll barely get a single pallet out of it, and the infinite TR just teases you because you'll never reach a survivor that far with Frenzy. You're also 110 so you're not gonna get much use out of it.

Fuming Mix Tape

While using Feral Frenzy, the Repair Progress of Generators can be determined by the intensity of their Auras.

It's literally just All-Seeing Mud, but worse. You're not gonna be wasting time looking for an almost-finished or worked on gen instead of hitting someone.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    I think his power just needs to last alot longer and comes back quicker and maybe 115 speed would be the fix he needs
  • Caretaker

@Fenrir said:
    I think his power just needs to last alot longer and comes back quicker and maybe 115 speed would be the fix he needs

I'd be fine with him being 110 if his power warranted it. 115 might be a fix, but I want to try and avoid that if possible. Can't really think of anything outside of that to fix map changes.

• Caretaker

Bump.

• TheLegionFrank
    TheLegionFrank Member Posts: 6
    Lovely work on the suggestions I agree we do need a buff. 
  • SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

@Caretaker said:
    Played Legion for most of yesterday since they released. I've played at rank 1, gotten Adept, and a few quad iris/perfect matches. I watched people play against them, and listened to my friends play. Watched tons of videos and streams from multiple people in the community. I can post my screenshots if needed as well.

For positives: I think they're honestly one of the most fun killers they've ever made so bravo. I love the aesthetic, how they're power works, the cosmetics are great. They're point gains are insane, and he excels when it comes to emblems that some other killers struggle to obtain.

For negatives: Deep Wounds was changed to something a friend of mine suggested, but it wasn't implemented right. DW stopping at 99% just ruins any pressure it would've had if they'd just let it down you regardless. Just add a few seconds more to let people mend and if you don't, you go down. His power can't be used to down anyone unless you want to waste so much time. Which is something killers do not have against a team that wants to rush. Also 4 hits? Jesus.

His end-game is non-existent and there are so many perks that flat out don't work on him. Sure Thanata gets use again, but it's still a bad perk in desperate need of some love. Also, their power is made to multi-tag survivors but most of the time you just fatigue before you can even get the second hit making it a waste of time to chase if they're too far. On larger maps you have nothing you can really do because you're a 110 killer. You can't cover ground, and every chase is extended even on unsafe loops. Smart players will just loop you.

Not only are most perks bad on them, so are most of the addons. The only good ones are Cold Dirt, Frank's Mix Tape, and that's about it. Duration is kinda helpful for mult-tagging assuming you're in range, and speed isn't really noticeable. Stab Wounds Study is worthless, they're Iris are god awful, and one is a copy of Wraith's All-Seeing Blood but worse. So you really can't say just use addons, cuz only a purple addon can, or a combo. Cold Dirt & Frank's.

Most people are saying they're the worst killer in the game, but I think he has potential. I'm not saying they'll be crawling out of low tier, but they're not the worst. Especially with the above combo I mentioned. However, no killer should rely on addons. I'm a purist I don't like running addons. I would much prefer a gimped addon for a bit of boost and be powerful and fun at base.

To buff them I feel like Frank's Mix Tape should be baseline, possibly even Cold Dirt. Frank's Mix Tape makes it so Frenzy is a 3-hit down, not 4. Cold Dirt makes your fatigue a slight bit shorter. Honestly just adding in Frank's Mix Tape would fix 90% of they're problems and make their power actually put down some pressure. Devs have stated they want fast chases, Legion could have those.

People don't like the cut chase, bleed out, down with Frenzy. This would make it a much more active use of his power. Frenzy, hit, swap targets if possible, if not hit again, fatigue, chase, build power, Frenzy, down. You can counter this by baiting pallets, running out they're power, a decent loop will stall even despite the increased Frenzy speed.

Frank's Mix Tape makes them feel like an actual killer. Cold Dirt is a huge QOL addon, but again I'd be totally happy with just the mix tape base. Using it made it feel like their description, I felt like I could really chase people down and I was active all game. Not just waiting out mend times to down. They still got gens, they still powered the gates, because they played smart. Devs please let us have a strong killer, this change would make him a solid mid-tier that you can still deal with.

The only other problem is finding a way to boost him so he can actually traverse the map and patrol because 110 ruins him for that. It just rips your pressure away. I'm not sure how to fix it honestly the addons don't. Maybe every fresh DW application gives a stacking speed boost? Idk, but he needs something for patrol and he'd be amazing, and fun to play against instead of a minor annoyance.

i feel the pain, I'm p2 50 with Legion rn and it's just the struggle every match. I feel like once they were released like they are now and people got a feel, they just became so un reliable.

My biggest flaws i think is; Frenzy is too slow overall, 4 hits? WHO CAME UP with that? and yes they have ZERO end game. The way the game works, they just are not balanced..Everything you have to do because of their design wastes too much time because you can do literally nothing against rushing teams.

Then all the little ######### groups think they are skilled when they beat Legion. It's like boasting because you got away from freddy lol get real

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Caretaker said:

You forgot feral mixtape that is a god on legion as most people.when they play against him split up for the rest of the game and feral shows gen progress when your in frenzy
  • Caretaker

@redsopine01 said:
    Caretaker said:

You forgot feral mixtape that is a god on legion as most people.when they play against him split up for the rest of the game and feral shows gen progress when your in frenzy

Uhh, I mentioned Fuming, and it's terrible. You would never use Frenzy to track or find someone like that.

Also, wanna add on to the changes that I forgot to mention. Remove the moonwalk strat. Make it so within x meter radius your bleedout doesn't go down. This way you could avoid Legion, and not worry about that cheese.> @SasukeKun said:

@Caretaker said:

i feel the pain, I'm p2 50 with Legion rn and it's just the struggle every match. I feel like once they were released like they are now and people got a feel, they just became so un reliable.

My biggest flaws i think is; Frenzy is too slow overall, 4 hits? WHO CAME UP with that? and yes they have ZERO end game. The way the game works, they just are not balanced..Everything you have to do because of their design wastes too much time because you can do literally nothing against rushing teams.

Then all the little [BAD WORD] groups think they are skilled when they beat Legion. It's like boasting because you got away from freddy lol get real

Yea, this is a huge problem, and speed addons don't add much. Duration is REALLY good on Legion.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Caretaker said:

Wanted to address addons in another comment.

Smiley Face Pin - Defaced Smiley Pin - The Legion Pin

Decreases the power gauge depletion on successful attacks. I believe this means you keep some power when hitting someone with your M1, but it charges fast enough and you probably wouldn't use your power to chase so not sure why you'd use these.

Scratched Ruler - Etched Ruler

Decreases the time to refill the power gauge. Used the Etched Ruler and the refill speed isn't stellar, but it's not bad either. Decent for a yellow addon.

Mischief List - Mural Sketch - Stolen Sketch Book -

Increases the Feral Frenzy duration This one is ok. I've tried it out with Frank's, but Cold Dirt or fatigue cd is just so much better. Duration is good for multi-hits, but multi-hits don't really add much pressure seeing as DW isn't much of a threat, an a lot of the times you'll still just fatigue before you get a hit.

Friendship Bracelet - Never-Sleep Pills - Susie's Mix Tape

Increases the Feral Frenzy movement speed. I used every rank and I didn't notice a single change. Which sucks because he really needs some kind of increase to his MS to be able to cover/patrol bigger maps and catch survivors. I've seen survivors just outrun me with no sprint perk despite having one of these addons on.

Nasty Blade - Filthy Blade

Increases the amount of time to required for Survivor to complete the Mend action. Don't even need to say why these are eh at best. You're probably gonna chase the last person you hit with your power, and longer time isn't gonna stall much.

Julie's Mix Tape - Joey's Mix Mix Tape - Cold Dirt

Decreases the cool-down duration of Feral Frenzy. These are great. This makes you fatigue faster so you can get right back into the chase and keep up pressure/down the survivor.

Stab Wounds Study

Considerably decreases the Deep Wound timer of all Survivors. This is just bad honestly. It's only really good for the drop chase strat, and that's just boring. It's only a small chunk of the bar as well. Frank's Mix Tape completely outclasses it, this addon is just bad.

Frank's Mix Tape

Considerably increases the amount of damage applied to a Survivor's Deep Wound timer while attack with Feral Frenzy. This makes it so you can 3 hit survivors, and it makes Legion an actual threat, and fun. Easily their best addon, should be baseline and changed to something else.

Iridescent Button

When the Deep Wound Status Effect has been applied during Feral Frenzy:

Your Terror Radius affects the entire Map.
    Any Pallets you vault are immediately broken.
    This effect lasts until the power gauge is depleted.

This addon is just awful. You'll barely get a single pallet out of it, and the infinite TR just teases you because you'll never reach a survivor that far with Frenzy. You're also 110 so you're not gonna get much use out of it.

Fuming Mix Tape

While using Feral Frenzy, the Repair Progress of Generators can be determined by the intensity of their Auras.

It's literally just All-Seeing Mud, but worse. You're not gonna be wasting time looking for an almost-finished or worked on gen instead of hitting someone.

Didnt the devs say legion was getting buffed
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    It's not to track it's to monitor which gens get tapped the second your away so you know there there and can 360 stab them for it
  • Caretaker

The buff is Frank's built-in while injured. Which again, why would I heal? I've got 3 chances on the hook, it doesn't stop moonwalking, it adds minor stall assuming people heal. It doesn't fix anything.

@red, Don't gens go from white to yellow at 50, then red at 75 meaning it's still not good? Either way I'd never use it. It's just bad imo.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

@Caretaker said:
    The buff is Frank's built-in while injured. Which again, why would I heal? I've got 3 chances on the hook, it doesn't stop moonwalking, it adds minor stall assuming people heal. It doesn't fix anything.

@red, Don't gens go from white to yellow at 50, then red at 75 meaning it's still not good? Either way I'd never use it. It's just bad imo.

There's a difference between notifying perks and slow down perks. Discordance and Tinkerer are Useless in the sense that you still have to GET to the gen before the team completes it. Surv will go down to complete gens if they rushing and Legion can get bullied in a bunch of different aspects with that. They need a solid Buff that makes them an actual threat if they hurt surv. Not some shoot yourself in the foot Borrowed Time Mechanic