There will be even less killers after the next update

Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Nerfing boon totems from ptb wont solve anything,they need to be removed entirely because its not soloq killers struggle and complain about.

Its SWF,that will absolutely take advantage of boon totems and will become meta.

So not only you added a new objective for the killers instead of survivors,you also buffed the main issue killers had with survivors,SWF.

Boon totems been in the works for months yet they didn't see this problem coming,what's more concering is how they we're released on PTB after months in the work.

When this game will get some serious competition,and its gonna happen soon,players wont have to deal with stuff like this because they have no other options anymore.

Comments

• Adaez

I mean if you agree that boon totems are dumb,might as well agree,the day will come when this will actually happen.

You cant get away with stuff like this forever without having to deal with the damage done.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Wish that was true. Its 3 weeks after Pinhead and killer queue times are still horrible.

Is it because of too many people playing killer or because SBMM takes ages to match your killer with someone?

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

If that day would come its years too late lmao. Game lasted 5 years and probably 1 or 2 years more in the tank which isn't bad for a new ip.

BHVR is the prime example of getting away with unbalance stuff. Took them years to fix what I said and took them 5 years for trapper to have 2 traps in his inventory lul.

You saying they'll lose all their players someday is like me saying someday people will pass on lmao.

• Adaez

I agree with that but it might be also because they had no real competition,players had no option but to deal with it.

When that's gonna change,I doubt it will be the case anymore.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I do not mind survivors having strong perks. But the scratch marks one really bothers me as someone bad at tracking survivors. I rely HEAVILY on scratch marks to tell where they went.

Luckily it is not seen as super strong, so hopefully they lay off after the first week.

I am more frustrated that my new favorite perk, Plaything, just became a troll pick. Worse than No Mither, assuming boons become meta.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,149

They'll amend them, especially after all the feedback and data they'll have to read through.

Personally, I'd be happy with just nerfing it to only being used once. In exchange to keep the powers it offers as is. It'll be brought in line with killer Hex and whilst it does give the killer an extra objective, like the Hex should the Boon be snuffed out early on, then that perk slot is gone for the rest of the game. I'd be happy with that simple change.

For all we know, the devs may have been planning that all along, but wanted to see what happens if it can be reignited and what feedback would come of it.

• DorkianBae
    DorkianBae Member Posts: 227
    edited October 2021

Only good thing coming in the patch is nerfs to keys and that should of happened like what, a year ago? You know, when Mori's were nerfed. Apparently it took them this long to realize how to nerf keys even though it's the most easy fix ever. Basically they just didn't actually want to nerf keys and wanted to give the middle finger to killers.

Meanwhile we got HARD nerfs to Deathslinger who isn't even a top tier killer. Nerfs to Spirit and even though she is considered way stronger than Deathslinger, somehow she wasn't nerfed nearly as hard because they pulled back one of her nerfs. Pig's "OP addons" were nerfed, because obviously we needed to nerf those and replace them with more meme add on's. Random nerfs to Wraith because sure why not?

But hey let's also give another objective to killers because being killer is just too easy right now, right?

Seriously, apparently all this garbage was the only way they were going to nerf keys for killers...by nerfing everything else for killer....oddly enough mid to low tier killers. But hey, let's nerf them and not the other top tier killer, Nurse.

Also remember when they said they were going to fix Haddonfield and RPD? xD

We lose Hawkins, one of the few good killer maps and get to keep the garbage heavily survivor sided maps that should be disabled till they are balanced/fixed. Woo

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374

I agree, but 95% of the playerbase likes these changes so why wont BHVR go live with it?? Theres nothing we can do. We have to sit and watch. History will tell us if we were right or wrong...

• Adaez

Assuming 95% of the playerbase are survivors?I cant see how killer will like this change.

• SirGando

no, even alot of killer mains like it. I mean, look at popular DBD streamers and what they have to say to it. These people influence the playerbase alot.

• Adaez

They influence it,but they're not the majority of the playerbase.

• SirGando

true. ok maybe not 95%, but from what ive seen the majority likes the addition of boon totems. As you said, it shouldnt be in the game at the first place.

• DorkianBae

They do but not nearly as much as you think, it just seems that way.

There are plenty of people who are really upset with these changes.

I don't even main killer and these changes are just garbage. I don't know why survivors would like these changes, the game is already too damn easy as survivor, even solo que survivor is easy especially thanks to MMR.

• SirGando

Yeah. Like my issue is not that these boons are to strong or smth, its the fact that as a killer i will have to look for totems now is what doesnt sit right with me. Its a gameplay change or "feature" that wasnt needed as you said.

• Adaez
    edited October 2021

Probably because the majority mostly play survivor,probably with friends and I dont blame them,who would play killer in the current state of the game.

Also I agree,survivors being easier can make them think they deserve everything handed to them,thus creating toxicity when something doesn't go their way.

• ThiccBudhha

As a survivor that couldn't survive my way out of a paper bag, boon totems have potential to help me, at least. I want super self care and no scratch marks... With these, maybe, just maybe, I might last longer than I do in bed.

• Adaez
  • xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I play a lot of killer and I like most of the changes from this patch.

Anything to shake up the meta and the way people play is good IMO. I’ll be happy to face a team of boon totem warriors just as I’m happy to face a team of flashlight warriors. Either option is more fun than the prospect of a team of gen warriors.

Plus, some of my favourite killers to play got some nice buffs, changes and QoL improvements and they nerfed the cheesability of hatch/keys so I’m very happy. I hope they release even more patches like this. :)

• DorkianBae
    edited October 2021

Who exactly was buffed other than Michael Myers and Trapper? Who are still going to be low tier btw.

Pig got overall nerfed, removed her best addons and replaced it with a meme addon.

Deathslinger got heavy nerfed.

Spirit was nerfed but wasn't nearly as heavy as Deathslinger so it won't be changing up any killer meta...You are still only going to see Nurse, Spirit and Blight at higher MMR.

Wraith got nerfed, lol.

Unless I'm missing something it was overall mostly nerfs to killers

Keys should of been nerfed a year ago with Mori's so I don't know how you can be "happy" about something they should of did forever ago. it wasn't like it was a hard change, they just didn't do it for whatever reason.

Also these "boon warriors" will still be doing gens. The people who actually know how to use the heal boons are going to set them up nearby gens and not at them, rush the gens, run away to the boons once you drop chase, heal and go right back to the gen. If anything it's going to help them rush you especially if they are stupid and 3 gen themselves.

• ThiccBudhha

Plague got YUGE buffs. She is a regurgitating goddess.

Ghostface got buffed for all us add-on-less homies. Nerfed for everyone else though.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Trapper, Myers, Plague got considerable buffs, basekit Ghostface, Blight got some fun add ons buffed, and Pig didn’t get nerfed overall she got several buffed add ons. If you used TT/CoG every match before this I suppose that got nerfed but I didn’t think that combo was particularly healthy for the game so I’m glad to see it tuned down. It wasn’t even nerfed that heavily either, TT went from -30 seconds to -20. Oh no!

Whether keys should have been nerfed before or not is irrelevant. They got nerfed. Therefore I’m happy about it.

And if survivors want to run a perk that means they spend time doing bones and Self Caring every time they get hit then great! I look forward to longer matches.

(That’s the opposite of “rushing” btw, actual rushing would be just running Adrenaline and doing the gen injured.)

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

The q time has nothing to do with killer numbers and everything to do with SBMM. I have a killer that i have down ranked so hard that games are instant and the survivors run past pallets into dead zones.

When i hop on my old main killer the q time is back.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Killer main here. Just wanna say let's wait till they come out before we judge. Remember when any means necessary came out people were saying its overpowered and it really isn't its barely used. Same when blood favor came out for killer survivors were like it's overpowered yet again hardly used.

• Zozzy

It is op but people can't figure out how to use it or can't be bothered because other perks are easier to use.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Not that many people will leave killer. Especially since most killers have been given a nice add-on rework.

Also no this game won't get any proper competition anytime soon.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

I dont care. bots are more fun! They will not camp, slug , hack , lagswitch or take the game hostage

• ShinobuSK

The long queue time is whats bother me the most tbh, not gonna wait 10min for 5min games, makes no sense.

I have some killers I never played in my life so I may try them out when I get home. If the queue is short then I will be pissed even more lol

• Zozzy

That doesn't work. Unused killers start at middle mmr so you will get meta survivors and the long q times.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Boons for 95% of the cast wont be used like always, and they will most likely be ignored, and for SWFs it is going to be like old object. 3 people run regular meta, 1 person runs the super strong boons. Take out the boon guy and you are good. That is my prediction because this community does the same thing for every single patch. "this thing op, me quit game, oh it has been 2 weeks it isnt actually that bad, i will quit next patch"

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

How will you identify the Boon totem user though? Most likely they won't be activating them while the Killer can see them.

• ShinobuSK

Did devs or anyone addressed these long queue times whatsoever yet? If never used killer is on average MMR then this is very bad design. Also on the last sbmm test the queue times were normal so Idk what the hell did they do before live release

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I usually use just context and map knowledge. Lets say the team im facing is dwight, meg, claud, and jake. If I pressure and gen and see a dwight and meg, and then i spot a jake and hear a boon in the distance, it is most likely meg. Just stuff like that that you can already do now, just takes practice with the game.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

Isn't that said every update? I swear the same thing has been said for 5 years

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

Thanks, that makes sense!

That still definitely leaves an admittedly extreme edge case: What if all Survivors have the same outfit? Sometimes SWF are doing this and as you said SWF being organized and using the Boon totems are the ones most likely to cause problems, not necessarily the solo players who are using a Boon perk.

I want to emphasize that I realize that this is a super specific example but I think it should still be considered. Technically if a 4 man SWF wants to "optimize" their Boon strategy they can use the same outfit. It may not happen often but I feel like there are already a lot of cases of "Well, this doesn't happen often, so it's not an issue" in the game. And eventually you reach "critical" mass with these kinds of situations and you have at least one of them in a lot of your games.

Examples:

• Getting facecamped to death on first hook
    • Playing against a Killer who clearly doesn't know what they are doing but they are winning because they used 2 Ultra Rare add-ons and a favorable map offering
    • Getting a SWF whose goal is to escape ASAP, not to have an interesting game (the games where the average Survivor score is ~13k or so and everyone escaped because they were just sitting on gens all game)
    • Four Brand New Parts

And so on. And now:

• Organized SWF playing around one "Boon user" but they all have the same clothes so you can't really tell who it is that you need to kill ASAP

I know that individually all of these situations are rare but I feel like the more there are in total the more likely it becomes that you encounter one of these in your game. And I think it's fair to say that none of these situations are very fun to go against. Adding more very unfun possible situations, even if they are very rare and specific, is not necessarily a good idea I believe.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

This and a lot of survivor non meta perks also got some good updates.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

I have no issues with any means necessary. I very rarely see it and when I do. I just break the pallets so the perk becomes useless really

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

it's already a thing, killer ques are 5 seconds, as a survivor i wait more than 5 minutes usually

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

you are not taking off any of your second chances by using boon totems, they are literary the same ######### just done in a different way

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Same as usual for the last 3 years I've been playing in this game :^)

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Ghostface got a net nerf. He still needs to use recovery add-ons but the add-ons are nerfed and none of the other add-ons got any change whatsoever so they are still not worth using. All of GF's add-ons are stat modifiers. Only Outdoor Security Camera does something new for the killer. Move Speed, Stalk Speed, Stalk Move Speed, Detection Range, Killer Instinct duration, Mark duration, this all stat based add-ons. GF only had 5 add-ons and now he only has 3. Chewed Pen, Security Cam and GF caught on Tape. Nothing else is worth running. Whoever says so doesn't play GF enough. None of his add-ons solve issues like Reveal Mechanic being wonky and exploitable, none of them fixes losing power wether you do a good or bad play, none of them gives GF a chance against SpineChill, none of the add-ons is even a Meme BP add-on, none of them is a simple on hit status effect. None of them does anything besides changing numbers....

• Solo Q killers?

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Yeah I hope they don't go with the boons in its current state. I know that i won't play if this continue without serious changes.

If it does then i have the feeling that survivors will need to have fun with the trapper bot in tutorial 😅