I'm done with solo survivor

Options

These are my solo queue matches now. Every killer build is multiple slowdown perks (with optional NOED) and the strongest add ons possible, while my teammates are running some kind of meme build with Appraisal, Up The Ante or Premonition and they die at 5 gens because they got tunnelled straight off hook with no BT and no DS, or they literally throw and let themselves die at 5 gens. Please note: I'm not complaining about killers running meta perks. I'm complaining about the MASSIVE impact meta builds have on how enjoyable this game is when one side is running meta and the other isn't.

I'm just done with it. People say killer is miserable but I feel like they're playing a different game than I am because my killer games are relaxing bliss compared to solo queue. Here's a perfect example:

I really felt like the power role this match, I can tell you. :)

Comments

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Get friends and play in a group if you don't like solo queue.

I only play solo queue when I'm feeling masochistic / want to try to get better at looping without my friends.

Other solos giving up almost instantly in a match is what ruins solo queue for me bcuz it ruins the match for the other three people and that just doesn't seem right.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919
    Options

The only time I struggle with solo is when an entitled man child that's mentally stuck at the age of 12 quits after going down within the first 10 seconds of the match.

They are so annoying, like don't even bother with the game if you're just gonna give yourself a dc penalty.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Those are just ones from today, and only because I got so fed up that I started taking screenshots, lmao.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

It's always those damn three perks huh?

It's getting predictable. Been playing my last hurrah with Slinger before his nerf goes live, and I've been facing an increasing number of survivors who just runs those 3 perks. They're not even good. Their perks are literally carrying them to where they are right now.

If I am streaming to my friends on Discord, I can call every single survivor who uses Dead Hard like I'm a psychic and they think I'm some sort of impressive killer. I'm not. It's just so prevelent nowadays.

• xenotimebong
    Options

Right, and every survivor game I play it's the same 5 killer perks over and over again as well. I don't see your point to be honest.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

Can u explain me how other soloQ players can hit rank1 and enjoy games while some players complain about everything. Do we play different games?

• xenotimebong
    Options

Yeah I mean killers are running way more diverse builds these days, I can predict their build chosen from a pool of 7 perks rather than the 5 that survivors pick from.

• DelsKibara
    Options

Fair. But even then, you still see more diverse perks. It does feel fresh.

Not saying that both sides don't have horrible power creep. But #########, it gets really tiring facing the same kinds of survivors over and over.

• DelsKibara
    Options

I just want to add to this.

Why don't people run other GOOD perks? Spine Chill, Iron Will, ######### like Detective's Hunch to hunt totems? Why isn't anyone running builds with Flashbang and Blast Mine anymore? Pharmacy makes healing easier than Self Care, why aren't people running that over Self Care? It's faster too. And the perk effects lingers.

Vigil is getting buffed, yet there is stlil a pretty good reason to run it. ######### Built to Last even before it's buff that is insane is still pretty good for slamming down gens. Why not Fast Track or altruistic builds like For the People and Botney?

Personally I try to run a pretty diverse survivor build, at least according to the meta. I just wish other people do too.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886
    Options

The point is that complaining about perks ruining your experience is close to pointless, given the fact that you are going to see them, them being meta perks that carry players, no matter what side you're on once you start climbing MMR. Everyone's experience is made worse by that fact. DBD is just not a competitive game.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Don’t survivors ever get sick of running these builds??

• xenotimebong
    Options

Because if you don't run DS you get tunnelled straight off hook back to back and don't get to play the game. If you don't run BT the killer can smack someone straight off hook and again, they don't get to play.

I think multiple Unbreakables is kind of pointless to be honest but slugging is powerful and there are several killers that can do it easily so it makes sense to have at least one.

And Dead Hard is just the most well-rounded and fun exhaustion perk most of the time. People don't like Sprint Burst because it's kind of annoying to manage. Lithe gets you exhausted on the ground most of the time because you sprint away from the window/pallet and then go down. Balanced Landing straight up isn't useable on certain maps. Smash Hit is useless unless you have a killer that throws themselves at pallets, but most don't and once they know you have it they'll just respect so you can't use it.

• xenotimebong
    Options

It really doesn't feel fresh at all to me. Unless you consider guessing whether the killer is running Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer or Corrupt/Pop/Tinkerer to be fun and exciting, which I don't, personally.

• Apexgnifrums
    Apexgnifrums Member Posts: 335
    Options

Solo Q is a dead horse since years. Ain't no fun allowed.

• xenotimebong
    Options

So if I'm climbing MMR, how do I get games like the one in my post where everyone was dead at 5 gens? Why am I getting teammates running meme builds against killers with the strongest possible thing they can run?

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886
    Options
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

But really, if you want to play in a group, you need to find a group.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570
    edited October 2021
    Options

The SBMM didn't change ANYTHING. I mostly play duo these days but when I end up playing solo, I wanna uninstall the game after 1 match.

NONE of my team mates does gens. 80% of my games still end with a 4k at 4-5 gens. Then there is always someone that either suicides or DC's on first down/hook. Then I still get team mates who won't EVER go for an unhook which ends in people dying on 1st or 2nd hook way too often.

Solo queue is just a ridiculous experience.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2021
    Options

Its not like there's the official DBD Discord with channels dedicated just to SWF and Duos/Trios. Its not like there's unofficial DBD Discord servers that do the same, or countless Facebook Groups/Reddit Threads/Xbox & PSN Communities with thousands of members that do the exact same.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Lenox
    Lenox Member Posts: 234
    Options

I stopped playing solo queue months ago. If friends are on, we group. If not, I play killer. DBD is more enjoyable now. I recommend you do the same if you still like this game.

• xenotimebong
    Options

Man, the people who don't go for unhooks. I feel that pain. There'll be one healthy, completely unhooked person on the team and two injured, and instead of looking at their HUD and thinking, "oh wait I should probably go for this save because in the worst case scenario I can at least trade" they just decide that committing to their 20% gen is the smarter thing to do.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 306
    Options
  • xenotimebong
    edited October 2021
    Options

Have you ever played with a group from any of those channels? You're lucky if you join a party that isn't either kids or extremely salty people that shout down the mic about the most stupid stuff.

• xenotimebong
    Options

Yeah I think this is the answer for me as well. I enjoy killer and I have people I play with sometimes, but otherwise I think I'll just do something else.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

Here's a legit piece of advice: find some people to play with on dbd discord and it'll be a completely different story in a good way. I only play full swf with my friends, sometimes with randoms on comms, and it's been God knows when since I had a frustrating experience in this game.

Who knows, maybe you'll find there a long-term buddy in time.

• xenotimebong
    Options

I've tried but most of the people I've met on the DBD discord were kids, sexist jerks or toxic so I'm not in a rush to try again.

If the devs have no desire to do anything about the frustrations of solo queue I would honestly prefer to play either killer, or something else entirely.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 562
    Options

This just proves that BHVR's MMR is not working as it should be.They should just shut it down, because it makes the argument "ranks don't matter" even more relevant. If the ranks don't matter, then why have any kind of MMR? Their MMR just makes it so that THEY. DON'T. MATTER!

• Lenox
    edited October 2021
    Options

I do think mixing in other different styled games helps too. Maybe something not so dark. Haha. What else do you play? I've been playing Pokemon Unite on mobile. Pretty different from DBD.

I get where you're coming from.

If you want a non-kid to play with, PM me. I bet I'm older than you. 😎

• xenotimebong
    edited October 2021
    Options

I’ve been playing more single player games lately actually! Greedfall and Planet Coaster, and some old classics like Fallout: New Vegas.

I’d love to give VHS a go when the beta releases, it looks like it might scratch the DBD itch without having some of the biggest frustrations I have with this game.

What’s Pokemon Unite like? I actually haven’t heard of it, but then I don’t usually play a lot of mobile games.

• Lenox
    Options

I have a decent number of people I play DBD with. It took a lot of time, energy, and effort to build it up. Especially with my work schedule. Those saying it's easy are incorrect, ignorant, insensitive, and/or trolling.

And I didn't even have to deal with the shy stuff you mentioned. I don't have an answer for that.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    Options

Why are you still talking to me? I just tried to end the conversation and here you are still being emotional. I stated an objective fact. "Its easy to find a group in DBD." It is, and here's why

• With standard internet, It literally takes 60 seconds to launch Discord, navigate to the DBD server and view the LFG advertisement channel. They have channels catered specifically to forming groups
    • If you don't like a group you can leave the group and try another one. If you don't like the other one you can leave that one and find another one OR you can create your own group tailored to your wants/needs. People will gladly accept the terms of your group OR they'll ignore it and join another one. Win/Win that takes less than 5 minutes to set up.
    • With all this effort you put into victimizing yourself on a public forum, claiming I didn't provide constructive feedback you could have solved the issue you're complaining about. I presented a solution, you disliked it and made excuses. That's fine, just don't complain about a problem that you're going out of your way to prolong. Have a good day
  • Lenox
    Options

I'm not too familiar with Greedfall and Planet Coaster, but I looked them up and they look cool. I was playing Fallout 76 a couple months back. Love Fallout. I started with Fallout 4. Heard New Vegas is great.

I signed up for the VHS beta. I'll give it a chance. I like DBD, but it needs a legitimate competitor now that Friday the 13th landed in legal trouble.

Pokemon Unite is a MOBA like League of Legends, Dota 2, and Heroes of the Storm. It's primarily a Switch game that also has cross-play with mobile. But I don't have a Switch, so I've been trying it on mobile since September 22nd. I was mostly curious how it would work on a phone, and it's not bad. 99% of my gaming is on PC.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,776
    Options

As someone who doesn't use a Mic it's impossible to find people to play with

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

Solo queue is a waste of time and even the devs hate it, just look how they added a totem counter to a perk instead of making it basekit like everybody asked for. Find a Discord with some people and go SWF already.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

Sad to hear. Either way I hope you'll still try at least once more before giving up on people. There are many jerks in the world, however plenty of players are solid ones.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

i'm about done too. Killers need a nerf.

• Duke_Ragereaver
    Duke_Ragereaver Member Posts: 215
    Options

You must be new to the dbd game, just delete it and spare yourself. 5000 hours and the only thing i have is regret and the unending ability to ######### every single thing up.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    Options

Maybe get a friend.

Search for a group on gathering hubs like the forums or clubs.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,091
    edited October 2021
    Options

Yeah. It's still really frustrating for the most part. The vast majority of the survivor playerbase makes no effort to/doesn't know how to optimize the game at a macro level, and you kind of have to against a really good killer. Most of the playerbase knows how to run a jungle gym but a fraction of the playerbase can competently play in a 3v1 or even adjust to deal with Tinkerer. Like how often do you see Tinkerer win a game for the killer because the survivors try to unga bunga their way through it instead of splitting on gens and forcing the killer to choose between spread out Tinkerer procs? And a 3v1 is usually a death sentence because survivors almost always try to double up on a gen despite the killer only having 3 places to patrol and chases likely being short in late game.