The negative influence of Content Creators

Options

So it's not OK to name and shame content creators. And thats for a good reason.

It's not OK for us, the community, to shame people for their opinions. It's not OK, for us the community, to divide and being hostile and presumptous towards the Devs and Mods for the decisions they make. For a good reason.

It's not OK, for us the communiy, to incite and create a negative enviroment for others. For a good reason.

Yet I see certain big Content Creators do the exact same things. On their streams, in their YT videos, on their reddit timelines. Especially after the recent PTB.

If even seen Clips and Videos of Content Creators naming and shaming Members of this forum just for their views over balance.

When are Content Creators, that massively benefit from the product you make, are going to be hold to the same standart as the rest of us? How do you expect this game to become less toxic and negative, if there is no consequence for Content Creators being vile, hostile and malicious towards you (the Devs) and other members of this community?

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Naming and Shaming is against forum rules, has nothing to do with Twitch or YouTube

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,425
    edited October 2021
    Options

What exactly do you mean by Content Creators?

If it's just "random" people posting on non-official platforms (such as their own personal Twitch / Youtube channel) then there is nothing that can really be done.

If they are part of the Fog Whisperer program you should be able to report them, but I am not sure what the intended way to do so is. Support ticket is probably fine (but make sure the person is actually part of the program) but I don't know if that is actually something you can do. What you definitely should not do is post names publicly on the forums or so.

Don't post the names of people who may or may not have been kicked out from the program in the past because it's against forum rules to do so (for anyone who knows about any of the cases that may or may not exist).

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

The mods and devs can only police what goes on on these forums or within the game. What people say on Reddit, YouTube, their personal Discord server, real life, etc. isn’t for them to monitor.

Obviously some things are different, for example I know people have been banned for witch hunting in the past, but as far as I know that was because it was overt and prolonged.

But someone making a YouTube video and saying “wow this guy xenotimebong on the forums think boon totems are cool, what a goof” isn’t really an actionable offence, at worst it’s kind of rude.

That said I do think more people need to take accountability for how they treat other people, especially if they have an audience. It’s fine to disagree but insulting someone because they have an opinion you disagree with is a bit unreasonable.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

You have an opinion, you put it online, and then you want people stopped for disagreeing with you or think it should be a secret that you had that opinion?

Like if you don't like being disagreed with don't share your opinion on a public forum, who cares what base someone has to disagree with you on.